Lilandra/Alucard: American Darkside

Sep 22, 2013
American idealism reminds me of Oliver Stone.

What about you?

green.jpg

====

"Who are you?"

"My name is Lilandra. I'm from another dimension...a 'dark side' if you will."

"Why are you here on Earth (in America)?"

"I'm here to proposition you, Alucard…"

"I'm merely a wandering vampire and mercenary; what could I do for you?"

"You'll see..."

Lilandra really was from another dimension. She arrived on Earth and landed in America to find Alucard, since the young handsome vampire (and wandering mercenary) was very idealistic about modern civilization and capitalism. Alucard hunted the minions who undermined American optimism, and sometimes he dealt with real demons --- druglords, Third World fascists, corrupt crime syndicate bosses (such as the venomous Black Mask), and terrorists. Lilandra wanted to test Alucard's 'mettle' and see if he was a worthy defender of American values and pride.

However, Alucard had no idea what the 'dark side' was and why Lilandra came from there. The dark side, a region of pure mystery, sin, darkness, and complexity, contained elements and creatures of unspeakable eccentricity. Some were beautiful (like Lilandra) while others were hideous. Lilandra was an 'emissary' of the dark side and came to America to see if Alucard truly believed that capitalism could ward off the demons of lust and gluttony (especially in the modern world). Alucard himself was suspicious of the vices of capitalism and modern America, but he was also idealistic about the defense of commerce/capitalism after the scarring terrorism of 9/11.

"You see, Alucard, I want to see if you can resist lust."

"So you think that I am somehow vulnerable to carnal sins, Lilandra?"

"Sin is a reality; I merely want to see what you think..."

"Well, I can confirm that there are druglords and tycoons in the modern world who are lust-merchants. I make no claim to be able to dispel such demons. I simply exorcise demons."

"So you use your vampire powers on your special 'patriotic quest,' right?"

"That's correct, Lilandra. My vampirism is a sacred 'shield' against juvenile bloodlust."

"Well, I want to test you to see if you can actually 'spread' your idealism, Alucard."

Alucard realized that Lilandra wanted to see if modern America was safe from the demonic darkness of the dark side from which she came. Lilandra carried a shiny silver staff with a mighty diadem on top. Her staff represented her will to control and dominate. Alucard guessed that Lilandra wanted to seduce stockbrokers who were greedy and take them into her bed and then slay them and take their souls to the dark side. Alucard reasoned that his mission was to 'save' such 'frail souls' from Lilandra's power. Alucard accepted Lilandra's unusual challenge.

Lilandra selected a goofy and greedy American stockbroker named Bud who worked on Wall Street after graduating from Dartmouth College. Bud had a few girlfriends but wanted a very attractive woman at his side to aid him on his upward rise to fortune and power. Bud conjectured that the right gorgeous woman would add the laurels in social circles he needed. Lilandra therefore targeted Bud and wanted to see if he could be seduced. Lilandra challenged Alucard to reach out to Bud before this happened. Meanwhile, Lilandra introduced Bud to the leader of a powerful drug-emperor in Tijuana (Mexico) named Stan, the head of a powerful American 'clan' known as Hydra. Lilandra promised Bud that he'd not only be a successful socialite-stockbroker (with Lilandra in his happy arms) but he'd also be allied to Stan/Hydra and become an American 'god.' Bud was nearly drooling...

"Bud, you can't do this! Listen to reason, man!"

"Alucard, I haven't decided if I believe you're actually a vampire on a 'quest' but I'm not interested in your idealism. Besides, I'm enamored by Lilandra."

"Bud, listen to me. Lilandra is a demonic siren from the dark side. She's here only to steal your soul and take you back to her 'dominion.' Sure, you'll be immortal and satisfy your carnal desires for power, fortune, and pleasures, but you'll never be a true American (ever again)."

"Alucard, I've never been a 'true American' and Lilandra's proposal is irresistible. Besides, what do you have to offer to rival her amazing proposition?"

"Bud, I can make you my personal associate and I'll keep contact with you and you can assist me on my idealistic patriotic missions defending capitalism (and democracy) around the world. You'll be a saint...not a sinner."

"Give me one week to consider. In the meantime, I just might have to sleep with Lilandra…"

Alucard reasoned Bud joked about sleeping with Lilandra but knew Bud was being honest about requiring one week to consider the weight of both propositions. Alucard departed from Bud so he could think in private. Meanwhile, Alucard began infiltrating Stan's Hydra empire on behalf of the FBI and began to unravel its power-structure. He then returned to Bud's Manhattan apartment (just one week later) to see what Bud decided regarding Lilandra's dangerous proposal.

"Alucard, Lilandra explained how she dared you to save my soul, and I'm honoured."

"Yet, Bud, I sense that her proposal is proving to be too much to resist for you."

"No, Alucard. Thanks for the vote-of-confidence, but I've decided to help you instead. I guess I really would rather be a missionary crusader and aid to your special 'patriotic mercenary missions.' I'll tell Lilandra that you were able to persuade me to remain vigilant and virtuous and diligent (and patriotic). However, I have to ask you, Alucard --- what is your problem with Lilandra?"

"Bud, I'm relieved you want to help me win my wager with Lilandra. I'll explain to you what makes Lilandra so ominous. You see, Bud, Lilandra is an emissary of evil. She entices morally-vulnerable Americans to betray their values for the sake of personal satisfaction. After all, capitalism is all about opportunity. Lilandra is something like my nemesis. The reason I fear her power is because the dark side from which she came contains elements of undeniable fortune-hypnosis. I will inform Lilandra of your decision and then you and I can celebrate the fact that American idealism was subtly 'saved' from the ugly grip of spiritual deformity. Congratulations, Bud."

====

{Lilandra & Alucard}

lilandra3.jpg

Forum List

Back