Lies lies lies yeah

No those jobs are NOT being shifted to China. That would mean that people here would be losing work but they are adding 2,200 jobs in 2013. They are going to build China's jeeps in China. Not only the company said it was considering the shift.

Did Romney lie, or not, cockroach?

Well dungbeatle you could in some twisted way claim that he didn't when he first made the claim. But the ad is a lie because he was told that what he said was misleading and he doubled down on it . Rudy said it best "This is a man without a core, a man that will say anything to become POTUS

Here is the Bloomberg Article Romney referenced:

Fiat Says Jeep Output May Return to China as Demand Rises

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.'

This is what Romney said in Defiance, Ohio:

“One of the great manufacturers in this state, Jeep, now owned by the Italians, is thinking of moving all production to China. I will fight for every good job in America.”

Deal with it.

They manufacture the 30000 plus Jeeps that have been shipped to China this year in Ohio Michigan and Indiana. If they manufacture those Jeeps in China they won't be manufactured here. Therefore, those jobs are shifted to China. It's called using your brain.

No those jobs are NOT being shifted to China. That would mean that people here would be losing work but they are adding 2,200 jobs in 2013. They are going to build China's jeeps in China. Not only the company said it was considering the shift.

Yes, he did.

The Bloomberg article said "make all models in China", which, in context, clearly referred to the fact that they would be expanding their China-specific operations to include every type of model that Chrysler makes.

That, as opposed to: "Chrysler will be making all it's cars in China".

What Mitt Romney actually said was:

"I saw a story today that one of the great manufacturers in this state, Jeep, now owned by the Italians, is thinking of moving all production to China.”

Of course, I don't necessarily consider it to be Romney's fault, as all his conservative buddies were already pretending that that was in fact what the story said.

However, while not the originator of the lie, Romney is clearly repeating the lie, whether he knew it was a lie is irrelevant. He should have checked his sources before making the claim.

While I was reading the news yesterday. I came across a Detroit paper talking about Romney lying to people in Defiance Ohio about Jeep (in Toledo) moving "all" production to China. Turns out that just the day before he made that claim Chrysler had announced that it was investing $500 million in the Toledo plant and is adding 1,100 new jobs in 2013. Also the Michigan plant will be adding 1,100 jobs in 2013. To build a new SUV that will take the place on the Liberty. They said they were considering opening a plant in China because they are becoming the largest new car market in the world. Chrysler is the only of the big 3 to not have a factory in China. Anyhow just as I put down my phone the new ad comes on tv about the jobs going to China. Although he did remove the "All" from the claim the video is very misleading.

Don't you know by now that no one cares about lies anymore? They love to have their ears tickled.

2 Timothy 4;3.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

So, let me get this straight. So it's ok for libs to lie because folks don't care, just getting ears ticked, but if a Republican were to lie, the libs hold their feet to the fire...Double standard...
got it!!

Here is the Bloomberg Article Romney referenced:

Fiat Says Jeep Output May Return to China as Demand Rises

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.'

This is what Romney said in Defiance, Ohio:

“One of the great manufacturers in this state, Jeep, now owned by the Italians, is thinking of moving all production to China. I will fight for every good job in America.”

Deal with it.

Do you truly not see the difference between Jeep making all of it's models in China, and Jeep making all of its models only in China?

Is that not what the Bloomberg article he referenced stated?

Did the Bloomberg article state that these people in Ohio were going to lose their jobs? Also 2 days after he made that claim and he was corrected time and time again by Chrysler. He makes an add. Is he not misleading people?

Read Romney's speech in Defiance, Ohio, Cocksuck.

Was that his claim?

I read the speech nutlick, He insinuated that those people were losing their jobs by claiming that "Jeep is moving all production to China" That claim insinuates that there will be no need for a Jeep plant in Toledo. He lied I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt by calling it misleading but it was a blatant lie and he knew it. But you are to busy motor-boating his balls stroking his cock and fingering his asshole to see it for what it was. A lie.

Yes, he did.

The Bloomberg article said "make all models in China", which, in context, clearly referred to the fact that they would be expanding their China-specific operations to include every type of model that Chrysler makes.

That, as opposed to: "Chrysler will be making all it's cars in China".

What Mitt Romney actually said was:

"I saw a story today that one of the great manufacturers in this state, Jeep, now owned by the Italians, is thinking of moving all production to China

Of course, I don't necessarily consider it to be Romney's fault, as all his conservative buddies were already pretending that that was in fact what the story said.

However, while not the originator of the lie, Romney is clearly repeating the lie, whether he knew it was a lie is irrelevant. He should have checked his sources before making the claim.

Wrong.

I gave you the exact quote.

If Romney has a choice between his corporate buddies and main stream America, he is going to choose corporate buddies every time. You can belive your ass that if 12 million jobs are created, a big share will go overseas by corporations looking for cheap labor. They are greedy and this will never stop until their greed take them over.

This was a great score for Romney.

People in that part of the state see Jeep quite symbolically, and now that Obama sold Chrysler off to foreigners we see what is really in store for for his shipping jobs overseas.

Why Mitt Romney will always be a dick

Earlier today we discussed the dominant narrative of this political cycle: that Romney is a callous, heartless, elitist, vulture capitalist (aka "a dick"), and how Republicans have been unable to gain traction with their kitchen-sink approach to defining Pres. Barack Obama.
One of the wonders of this campaign is how Romney allowed that narrative to stick—they knew it was coming, and seemingly did nothing to stop it. How did that happen?

All candidates sell themselves based on their personal story, their values, and their accomplishments. Applying these to Romney, and it's easy to see why he was never able to dig himself out of his hole of unpopularity.

Daily Kos: Why Mitt Romney will always be a dick

Wrong.

I gave you the exact quote.

Hmm, that's funny, cause I have this video right here that would seem to have Mr Romney stating the exact quote that I posted...

Admittedly, I wouldn't bother watching past the quote itself, because the rest of the video is some MSNBC talking-head bullshit. But the video itself doesn't lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lie started with the rightwing online 'news' site Washington Examiner,

which took the Bloomberg story which has the CEO saying they were NOT shifting production from the US to China,

and did their own story saying the CEO said they WERE shifting production.

See how the lie worked, 'nuts??

They took the word 'not' out from in front of 'shifting' so it meant the opposite of what it originally meant.

The easy button of conservatism.

they may eventually, which was Romney's statement.

Not much we can do about it.

Obama sold Chrysler off to foreign interests, you know.

Fail.

'Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.'

Fiat Says Jeep Output May Return to China as Demand Rises - Bloomberg

From your link:

"Chrysler currently builds all Jeep SUV models at plants in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. Manley referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China"

Snipe, its people like you are are rotting this nation to its core. The facts are before you in all their glory. Yet you choose to not care and make shit up. Well done.

Forum List

Back