Liberals, I need help understanding a liberal meme on Facebook

So, I literally moments ago accepted a Facebook friend request from a woman who is a friend of a friend of my wife's, who has been on two cruises this past year that we took as a group. She is very nice, and she's very liberal. I'm not one who thinks all who differ from me in politics are jerks. She is a Texan and she has a mixed race gay grown son, which likely contributes to her being liberal. But plenty of Texans are liberal, especially educators, so she doesn't need a reason.

I guess it is not so much a meme, but a twitter post that is being re-tweeted. I don't know if that is a meme or not, but no matter. Here is is:

View attachment 667942
Ok, what does that mean? I agree with the literal words, of course. If you sacrificed your grandma two years ago so you could keep eating at Applebee's, you are a complete asshole and definitely not pro-life.

But who does that? How would sacrificing grandma allow you to keep eating at Applebee's? I don't want to ask her, because she may not know, but just be retweeting something from some lib celeb. I don't want to embarrass her. Not that I want to embarrass you, either. But this is anonymous, not me calling out a friend in front of our mutual friends.

???
It references those who were willing to sacrifice the old and vulnerable during COVID….just so they could continue to party

Looks like it might be about mandatory lockdowns and mask-wearing during the Covid thing
Yeah, you're probably right.
Yes, very close. Now, I know. It's a Texas thing.

Our Lieutenant Governor said that we should not be sacrificing the economic futures of our young people trying to protect our elderly population. He said that grandparents, like himself, would not want their children and grandchildren's chance to live a productive life ruined in a misguided attempt to protect the elderly.

It was twisted by the leftie media into "Dan Patrick wants grandma to die!" and of course the idiot left fell for it.

Before you read the lies, here are his actual words:

“No one reached out to me and said, ‘as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?’” Patrick said. “And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in.”

So, to recap: It was about that great generation's willingness to take risks for their descendants. It was not about "sacrificing" grandma, and it certainly was not about eating at Applebee's.

Other than that, spot on?

Last edited:
So, I literally moments ago accepted a Facebook friend request from a woman who is a friend of a friend of my wife's, who has been on two cruises this past year that we took as a group. She is very nice, and she's very liberal. I'm not one who thinks all who differ from me in politics are jerks. She is a Texan and she has a mixed race gay grown son, which likely contributes to her being liberal. But plenty of Texans are liberal, especially educators, so she doesn't need a reason.

I guess it is not so much a meme, but a twitter post that is being re-tweeted. I don't know if that is a meme or not, but no matter. Here is is:

View attachment 667942
Ok, what does that mean? I agree with the literal words, of course. If you sacrificed your grandma two years ago so you could keep eating at Applebee's, you are a complete asshole and definitely not pro-life.

But who does that? How would sacrificing grandma allow you to keep eating at Applebee's? I don't want to ask her, because she may not know, but just be retweeting something from some lib celeb. I don't want to embarrass her. Not that I want to embarrass you, either. But this is anonymous, not me calling out a friend in front of our mutual friends.

???
They continued to socialize with their friends at applebees, because they could not stand being home grounded, caught covid, went home, gave it to grandma, who was killed by the covid, they gave her.

Last edited:

View attachment 667942

???
How can you not get that? Two years ago people on the trump right, were saying people my age (65 at the time) and older should be willing to be out to sacrificing our health for the country during the Covid Pandemic, so everybody could go on with their lives, without having to take precautions, no wearing masks, quarantining, etc, as it was just considered a disease that affected the old, and taking precautions was burden on the young and middle-aged. There were post reflecting it only affected old people, so everybody else should just go about their life, right here on USMB. The meme (if you can call it that) is about the same people screaming they are pro-life now, so the implied joke is that they certainly weren't pro-life when it came to gramma and gramps, two years ago. It's not a knee slapper, but it is cute and true to a great extent. I suspect it is these same people, having trouble understanding, they have been pointed out.:auiqs.jpg:

View attachment 667942

???
I used to live in California, so I somewhat understand liberal-idiot-speak (and Spanish).
They are implying that you didn't want to shut down restaurants during covid, so, in their pea brains, you wanted to kill old people.

They continued to socialize with their friends at applebees, because they could not stand being home grounded, caught covid, went home, gave it to grandma, who died.
Also a possibility. But I think this being Texas, it was the Dan Patrick thing.

How can you not get that? Two years ago people on the trump right, were saying people my age (65 at the time) and older should be willing to be out to sacrificing our health for the country during the Covid Pandemic, so everybody could go on with their lives, without having to take precautions, no wearing masks, quarantining, etc, as it was just considered a disease that affected the old, and taking precautions was burden on the young and middle-aged.
Who said that? I know people rightfully said that the harsh restrictions on healthy people were absurd, but who specifically said that about old people sacrificing health? Dan Patrick did not, he was only accused of it.
There were post reflecting it only affected old people, so everybody else should just go about their life, right here on USMB. The meme (if you can call it that) is about the same people screaming they are pro-life now, so the implied joke is that they certainly weren't pro-life when it came to gramma and gramps, two years ago. It's not a knee slapper, but it is cute and true to a great extent. I suspect it is these same people, having trouble understanding, they have been pointed out.:auiqs.jpg:
Ok, I was not on here in those days, so I'll take your word for it.

Anyway, liberals on this thread, I owe you an apology. I asked for your help and then ranted about "leftie idiots" when I got it. That was a douche move, and I don't usually make the douche move.

By way of amends, without which an apology is meaningless, I will post a thread asking conservatives (I'm libertarian) to support gay marriage.

How can you not get that? Two years ago people on the trump right, were saying people my age (65 at the time) and older should be willing to be out to sacrificing our health for the country during the Covid Pandemic, so everybody could go on with their lives, without having to take precautions, no wearing masks, quarantining, etc, as it was just considered a disease that affected the old, and taking precautions was burden on the young and middle-aged. There were post reflecting it only affected old people, so everybody else should just go about their life, right here on USMB. The meme (if you can call it that) is about the same people screaming they are pro-life now, so the implied joke is that they certainly weren't pro-life when it came to gramma and gramps, two years ago. It's not a knee slapper, but it is cute and true to a great extent. I suspect it is these same people, having trouble understanding, they have been pointed out.:auiqs.jpg:

That isn't true though. Covid was mostly affecting younger people in their twenties and thirties.

That isn't true though. Covid was mostly affecting younger people in their twenties and thirties.
It is now, but they highest death counts really are among older people, but it was just unrealistic to think the older generation was not worth protecting, especially if someone really is pro-life.

It is now, but they highest death counts really are among older people, but it was just unrealistic to think the older generation was not worth protecting, especially if someone really is pro-life.

Yeah, but at the same time you can't expect people to become hermits and I heard that the younger ones were dying from it more, but every time somebody has a hospital death they're probably just going to mark it as Covid anyways.

It references those who were willing to sacrifice the old and vulnerable during COVID….just so they could continue to party
replace applebee's with left wing protests that happened all over the country where thousands were jammed together in the streets in 2020 .

They continued to socialize with their friends at applebees, because they could not stand being home grounded, caught covid, went home, gave it to grandma, who was killed by the covid, they gave her.
are you talking about the 10s of thousands of left wing protesters that rampaged across the country in 2020 ?

I mean reheated day old ribs, and shitty service, at an exorbitant price…
diarrhea-yikes.gif.6000a8b92b0d5e739d8a485fdadb7739.gif

I have to say, Applebees is the one place that I would happily stay out of to avoid COVID. Also TGIFridays, which is now Fridays and sucks if the one I went to is any indication.

I wish I had a Shoney's nearby. I'd go if I knew the whole staff had tested positive, as long as they wore masks and plastic gloves.

Forum List

Back