"Liberals" hate Christians

I am a Christian liberal. I'm appalled at anyone who shows up at any place of worship to picket. This country was founded on freedom of religion.
Try explaining that to the far right lunatics wanting to keep muslims away.
Try explaining ANYTHING to the far right lunatics. They're deeply entrenched in what they believe because they feel they're disenfranchised and it has to be somebody else's fault. Who? Blacks, Muslims, college grads, Jews, anyone who has more resources.

I've notice that whenever someone or some group wants to stand outside of a mosque and criticize Islam with slogans like "Islam stinks" that there is always a bunch of 'liberals' show up to counter them. The 'liberals' defend islam vigorously but the minute someone shows up in front of a christian church or Jewish temple and criticizes it there is not one single 'liberal' there countering the protest. It just makes me think that liberals cherish the right of people islam to practice their religion but not for others.

Link?

I've notice that whenever someone or some group wants to stand outside of a mosque and criticize Islam with slogans like "Islam stinks" that there is always a bunch of 'liberals' show up to counter them. The 'liberals' defend islam vigorously but the minute someone shows up in front of a christian church or Jewish temple and criticizes it there is not one single 'liberal' there countering the protest. It just makes me think that liberals cherish the right of people islam to practice their religion but not for others.

From my experience I've noticed that when a conversation starts with "I've noticed whenever..." we are about to hear an anecdotal account of an event somebody has interpreted through their own ideological lens. Liberals are by nature drawn to the fate of the underdog. American muslims are much more likely to be attacked for their faith than say the Baptists. So you actually might see more liberals out in support of them. Doesn't mean those liberals don't support every religion's right to congregate and hear the "Word Of their God" spoken in english or latin or Arabic or tongues or whatever that old time religion shouts among themselves. Can I get an Amen!

I've notice that whenever someone or some group wants to stand outside of a mosque and criticize Islam with slogans like "Islam stinks" that there is always a bunch of 'liberals' show up to counter them.
Really? How about supplying some proof of that?

I won't hold my breath waiting for that.
The 'liberals' defend islam vigorously but the minute someone shows up in front of a christian church or Jewish temple and criticizes it there is not one single 'liberal' there countering the protest. It just makes me think that liberals cherish the right of people islam to practice their religion but not for others.
Really? I'm a liberal and I don't defend Islam. I think all religions are equally ridiculous and worse than that, harmful. They are the ultimate mind fuck, based on instilling fear in their followers. Pretty sick shit.

From my experience I've noticed that when a conversation starts with "I've noticed whenever..." we are about to hear an anecdotal account of an event somebody has interpreted through their own ideological lens. Liberals are by nature drawn to the fate of the underdog. American muslims are much more likely to be attacked for their faith than say the Baptists. So you actually might see more liberals out in support of them. Doesn't mean those liberals don't support every religion's right to congregate and hear the "Word Of their God" spoken in english or latin or Arabic or tongues or whatever that old time religion shouts among themselves. Can I get an Amen!

Blessed be!!

I am a Christian liberal. I'm appalled at anyone who shows up at any place of worship to picket. This country was founded on freedom of religion.
Try explaining ANYTHING to the far right lunatics. They're deeply entrenched in what they believe because they feel they're disenfranchised and it has to be somebody else's fault. Who? Blacks, Muslims, college grads, Jews, anyone who has more resources.
Angry working class white males are easy to stir up, much like in debt college students..

"Libereals" only cared about this country having freedom of religion when they can use it for the benefit of muslims. Whenever some guy wants to pick on some christian preacher because he thinks women should stay at home then religion becomes bad and evil but when muslims happen to believe the same thing then it is "OK". It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize a pattern.

Angry working class white males are easy to stir up, much like in debt college students..

I've notice that angry working class white males are the new enemy of the left. WHy? THey know that they are leaving the democratic party in massive droves which becomes a threat to their power. Of course, the peasentary can't handle that so they have to attack them. You serve your master(s) well....

I've notice that angry working class white males are the new enemy of the left. WHy? THey know that they are leaving the democratic party in massive droves which becomes a threat to their power. Of course, the peasentary can't handle that so they have to attack them. You serve your master(s) well....
... what?

When you say 'attacked' do you mean someone literally attacking someone who is muslim as an legal assault on their person that can be punished by law? Lets drop the exaggeration for a bit and say that people really don't like Islam for a lot of reason. They may spit on the kORAN and protest outside mosque about things that are said but that is hardly an attack any more than me saying my honest opinion about anything is an attack on them. This is really a case how micro-aggression is used to restrict free speech because if we can't 'attack' something by speaking honestly about it then how can we really say anything at all. The only time we want to say anything is when it criticizes others and if we want to end all criticism of Islam we are saying we can't be honest in what we have to say about Islam.

... what?

I thought that was pretty clear english. Do you want me to translate that into espanol for you?

... what?

I thought that was pretty clear english. Do you want me to translate that into espanol for you?
Please do, and while you're at it, bend over.

The majority of people who call themselves liberal on internet discussion boards are actually authoritarian leftists. They know nothing about liberal ideology, but merely conform to a rigid form of political correctness. That political correctness involves an automatic defense of Islam, and in order to defend Islam, it is common for them to attack Christianity, instead.

If acts are truly horrific in Islam, they point to something merely irritating about Christianity. If attitides are very common in Islam, they point to attitudes very uncommon in Christianity. If actions are occurring today in Islam, they attack something from Christianity's distant past. If actions were motivated by Islam, they point to acts that weren't motivated by Christianity at all.

All these attempts at moral equivalency are quite stupid, of course, as they lack even a semblance of critical thinking, but they all fall under he general heading of "tu quoque" fallacy. It's the old "well, they do it too" excuse, offered in spite of the fact that for the most part they don't.

THere is a huge portion of he left that is not motivated by anything positive at all, least of which being liberalism. All they know is that if something arises from "them" they are required to attack "us". It is simply ethnocentric prejudice against one's own culture with the resulting embracing of another to prove they are hip.

Most of these so called "Christians" you speak of are actually fakes . Polyester Christians ! They talk a good game but live a life that would make Jesus puke .

Bunch of hate filled hypocrites who pick in choose parts of the bible in order to justify their bigotry .

The only reason 'liberals' in the last fifteen years have been getting all christian is that they found out that they can split the christian vote in half. It is a fair bet to imagine that a lot of non-conservatives attend church and a lot of the christian vote goes to republicans. This was a threat to someone's power but the left figured out that it can employ the old strategy of divide and conquer and weaken the right's ability to get the christian vote. It was always done for political reason which means that the 'liberal' christian is being used by the people in power. Their growing alliance with this group is not authentic at all.

I have noticed that teabaggers and conservatives hate working class Americans.
Whenever they try to band together to find corporate america, the teabaggers yell hatred towards them and want to ruin their ability to Unionize.

When you say 'attacked' do you mean someone literally attacking someone who is muslim as an legal assault on their person that can be punished by law? Lets drop the exaggeration for a bit and say that people really don't like Islam for a lot of reason. They may spit on the kORAN and protest outside mosque about things that are said but that is hardly an attack any more than me saying my honest opinion about anything is an attack on them. This is really a case how micro-aggression is used to restrict free speech because if we can't 'attack' something by speaking honestly about it then how can we really say anything at all. The only time we want to say anything is when it criticizes others and if we want to end all criticism of Islam we are saying we can't be honest in what we have to say about Islam.

Other than the little semantic nitpicking about what is and what isn't an "attack" on a religion can you understand my reasoning at all about liberals and their kneejerk reaction to support the underdog even in a situation where they may disagree with both sides? You may disagree who the "underdog" is or think some liberals are stupid for not seeing the existential threat that a lot of conservatives see in Islam itself, not just totally regressive sects like the Wahhabis or Salafists, but it's still obvious muslims have become a minority targeted in the last decade or so for more hate than they ever have been before in American history. Like I suspect the majority of liberals do I waiver between atheism and agnosticism. I have my negative opinions about all religions. Money-grubbing televangelists, theocrats like Ted Cruz's father, the unholy hypocrisy of the Catholic Church, a wacky cult like the Mormons whose "church" has amassed a fortune in real estate by forcing the IRS to grant them tax-free status. And yes Islam, perhaps the most regressive of all religions. Some muslim countries are happily almost secular and well into the 20th century. Some are barbaric theocracies, anathemas to our western ideals of Human Rights. But it's a big wide world with hundreds of cultures that differ from yours or mine. I told the story about my doctor, an Iranian who spent 3 weeks back there around Xmas time. I had a real interesting chat with her when she got back. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you how positively most of the Iranian "street" view America. Her story pretty well blew my mind after all the pro-bombing warhawk rhetoric that has come out of America. If that group in Congress had their way the Israeli lobby would have succeeded by now in convincing you guys to "bomb the shit" out of Iran. That's an Iran whose "street" are amazingly still admirers of, and still for some crazy reason pro-U.S., ( She didn't say all, but a substantial majority). Quite likely with smart diplomacy they would end up being one of America's best allies in the region. Just seeing anybody or any country tinged with Islam as automatically the enemy is just dangerously short sighted. America hasn't blown all the chips amassed in the 20th century with mostly smart moral leadership but it isn't going to do well in the 21st century if hate becomes its major export, which seems to us outside observers to be the direction you're heading. Coaxing regressive cultures into the 21st century is the kind of thing America used to be good at by just being America. Now it seems the role of destroyer instead of builder is more satisfying. Is that a symptom that the Military-Industrial complex that Eisenhower warned you about has won the propaganda war and turned an at-heart peaceful society into ultranationalist war lovers? War has made many a fortune, the children of the amoral financiers who built Hitler's ovens and America's ships and clothed the British Army are among the richest people in the world.
Wow, I've gotten way off topic. I was going to ask where does the OP get off accusing liberals of hating Christianity? Being a liberal with lots of liberal friends I can promise you that's definitely not a liberal trait. Is somebody overreacting to our criticisms of all religion? Or is it just the hyperbole typical of certain members of the Right when talking about the "evil" liberals who sleep with Satan and sacrifice newborns at the full moon?

I don't think of "angry working class white males" as my enemy. Are they even angry? Who says so? You? Why?

Forum List

Back