What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Liberals" hate Christians

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've notice that whenever someone or some group wants to stand outside of a mosque and criticize Islam with slogans like "Islam stinks" that there is always a bunch of 'liberals' show up to counter them. The 'liberals' defend islam vigorously but the minute someone shows up in front of a christian church or Jewish temple and criticizes it there is not one single 'liberal' there countering the protest. It just makes me think that liberals cherish the right of people islam to practice their religion but not for others.

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've notice that whenever someone or some group wants to stand outside of a mosque and criticize Islam with slogans like "Islam stinks" that there is always a bunch of 'liberals' show up to counter them. The 'liberals' defend islam vigorously but the minute someone shows up in front of a christian church or Jewish temple and criticizes it there is not one single 'liberal' there countering the protest. It just makes me think that liberals cherish the right of people islam to practice their religion but not for others.

boohoo. Which church do you show up in front of?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A. We want to keep the majority religion in check. If Muslims don't have freedom neither do us atheists.

B. We let you picket abortion clinics and soldiers funerals and gays

C. Different scenarios. You are wrong picketing mosques. But we picket you for doing things like block stem cell.

D. We don't see Muslims being the big problem yet. Right now its you guys. You are the bigger threat. You are our old rival. Relax, we hate Islam too actually. In some ways more

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Anti-Godists (which come in left, center, and right) hate Christianity and all other religions.

"Liberals" hate far right evangelicalism, not Christianity.

90% of America really despises far right evangelicalism.

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Anti-Godists (which come in left, center, and right) hate Christianity and all other religions.

I was thinking the same thing. There are lots of liberal Christians out there

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I think there's a difference between criticizing the doctrines of a religion (often being the members of that church who are doing it) and spreading hate against people merely because we are at war with people who believe a corrupted version of their faith.

Point is, when Nazis shows up and rip on Jews, Liberals are the first ones showing up to counter them.

LeftofLeft

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Liberal Christians keep Jesus out of anything taxpayer-funded yet quote Him and Scripture regularly when they want more taxpayers' money.

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Reaction score

Who is showing up in front of Christian churches or Jewish temples and for what reason? The purpose behind a protest does matter.

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Liberal Christians keep Jesus out of anything taxpayer-funded yet quote Him and Scripture regularly when they want more taxpayers' money.
When they want more taxes going to poor people yes. Jesus said feed the poor and cure the sick.

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I hate Christianity and Islam but love liberal Christians and Muslims.

Dovahkiin

Silver Member
Reaction score

Jeddahite

VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a Christian liberal. I'm appalled at anyone who shows up at any place of worship to picket. This country was founded on freedom of religion.

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Reaction score
Most "liberals" in america are christian.
Probably half. The other half is non-Christian, unchurched, spirituals, agnostics, atheists, and anti-Godists.

Over 70% of the US are self identified Christians. Only 22% of the country identifies as religiously unaffiliated with 3% of them being athiest, 4% being agnostic and the rest "nothing in particular".

Dovahkiin

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a Christian liberal. I'm appalled at anyone who shows up at any place of worship to picket. This country was founded on freedom of religion.
Try explaining that to the far right lunatics wanting to keep muslims away.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List