Liberals At Indiana College BAN The 'Star Spangled Banner' Because It's Too Violent

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Have you ever heard a such? This is a horrible sign of things to come and in the first time in the history of my life, I have never heard anyone even having the preposterous thought of having our national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner' banned from sporting events. I mean come on. Our President, if patriotic and loves his country like Sarah Palin, should call the college and tell them of the extreme importance it is to not ban the national anthem, but of course he doesn't love this country so we have to have another option by electing Sarah Palin as our next president. She is a devoted patriot who loves America and who understands the importance of why the national anthem should never be banned. For god sakes, it's our national anthem. To ban it is the most unpatriotic thing to do. This is a bad sign and it is the reflection of our president and his negative views he has towards this country. His negativity is spreading across America and it is poisoning our culture, heritage and moral values in a once proud 'UNITED' nation.

Indiana College Bans "Too Violent" National Anthem | NBC Washington

Tiny Goshen College in Indiana has banned the "The Star Spangled Banner: at all sporting events because the Mennonite school's president considers the National Anthem's words to be too violent.

The 1,000-student school had already banned the words last year, but the band could still play the music for patriots in attendance. Now, the school has banned the song entirely, according to NBC Sports.

The school’s board of directors told college President Jim Brenneman to “find an alternative to playing the National Anthem that fits with sports tradition, that honors country and that resonates with Goshen College’s core values and respects the views of diverse constituencies.”

Right. Liberals banned the national anthem. Those damn rascally liberals. And I'm supposed to take you seriously, why? Because you still choose to ignore the president's birth certificate, or is there some other reason?

And you can bet these same assclowns walk around in their Che, er Ernesto Guevara T's proudly...

The irony is breathtaking.... I bet they demand freedom too.

And you can bet these same assclowns walk around in their Che, er Ernesto Guevara T's proudly...

Yeah, how dare those people wear what they choose and expect their freedom of choice to be respected in the United States of America, the land of the free and the home of the brave. They should be deported, those damned liberals.

It's a Mennonite Christian college you fucking dork. They ain't wearing Che shirts either.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Right. Liberals banned the national anthem. Those damn rascally liberals. And I'm supposed to take you seriously, why? Because you still choose to ignore the president's birth certificate, or is there some other reason?

He didn't write the story..

I believe NBC is a valid citation.

HISTORY

Goshen was founded in 1894 with a mission to educate young people while serving the church and the world. Today it’s a nationally recognized, private Christian college and the number-one destination for forward-thinking peacemakers.

STUDENTS

Approximately 1,000 peace-minded people from more than 35 states and 40 countries. 10 percent are students of color. 8 percent are international students. 100 percent have a genuine passion for building community.

AFFILIATION

Goshen College is affiliated with the historically peaceful Mennonite Church USA. Currently more than 40 different Christian denominations and several world religions are represented on campus. Our doors are open to all.

ACADEMICS

36 majors and 37 minors, as well as rigorous pre-professional and certificate programs. Student-to-faculty ratio is 13:1 and 85 percent of classes have fewer than 25 students. Our students also earn high graduate school acceptance rates.

The crossroads of America, in Northern Indiana. Goshen is about an hour from South Bend and Fort Wayne, and within easy reach (three hours or less) of Chicago, Detroit, Grand Rapids and Indianapolis.

Quick facts | About GC

And? Does the story say that freedom-hating liberals banned the national anthem? No, it doesn't. I was responding to his rambling post.

It's a Mennonite Christian college you fucking dork. They ain't wearing Che shirts either.

You believe Christians are all the same?

Welcome to reality - they're not.

Ever hear of Rev Wright??

How about this guy: Michael Pfleger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where the fuck did I say that all Christians were the same? I think I was pointing out that they are NOT the same since they are a Mennonite college, and thus have a different belief structure in regards to violence.

Is your IQ above room temperature?

You believe Christians are all the same?

Welcome to reality - they're not.

Ever hear of Rev Wright??

How about this guy: Michael Pfleger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

teabaggingcc5.jpg

Yeah, how dare those people wear what they choose and expect their freedom of choice to be respected in the United States of America, the land of the free and the home of the brave. They should be deported, those damned liberals.

Whether you like it or not, the reason we have and enjoy freedoms is that we have the biggest stick on the planet. Take away that stick and you take away our assured freedoms.

That said, Goshen can do whatever it pleases and will operate in the marketplace of ideas under the effects that its actions produce.

And? Does the story say that freedom-hating liberals banned the national anthem? No, it doesn't. I was responding to his rambling post.

No I'm sure it was the Tea Party....

Have you ever heard a such? This is a horrible sign of things to come and in the first time in the history of my life, I have never heard anyone even having the preposterous thought of having our national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner' banned from sporting events. I mean come on. Our President, if patriotic and loves his country like Sarah Palin, should call the college and tell them of the extreme importance it is to not ban the national anthem, but of course he doesn't love this country so we have to have another option by electing Sarah Palin as our next president. She is a devoted patriot who loves America and who understands the importance of why the national anthem should never be banned. For god sakes, it's our national anthem. To ban it is the most unpatriotic thing to do. This is a bad sign and it is the reflection of our president and his negative views he has towards this country. His negativity is spreading across America and it is poisoning our culture, heritage and moral values in a once proud 'UNITED' nation.

Indiana College Bans "Too Violent" National Anthem | NBC Washington

Tiny Goshen College in Indiana has banned the "The Star Spangled Banner: at all sporting events because the Mennonite school's president considers the National Anthem's words to be too violent.

The 1,000-student school had already banned the words last year, but the band could still play the music for patriots in attendance. Now, the school has banned the song entirely, according to NBC Sports.

The school’s board of directors told college President Jim Brenneman to “find an alternative to playing the National Anthem that fits with sports tradition, that honors country and that resonates with Goshen College’s core values and respects the views of diverse constituencies.”

Sounds to me like it was some right-wing religious extremist group.

New Topics

Forum List

Back