Liberals At Indiana College BAN The 'Star Spangled Banner' Because It's Too Violent

I would suggest they move their school to North Korea.

I would suggest you move their if you can't respect an American private college's decision to run their college how they see fit.

Do you believe it is patriotic for them to ban the national antherm, especially during a time of war when servicemen are dying for us? Please answer.

I don't believe it's un-patriotic. I believe that since it is a private college that is located in America, they can run the place how they see fit, so long as they're not infringing on anybody's civil rights or committing crimes. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean that they hate freedom. Sorry, pal, this is America. Get used to it.

And they replaced it with "America the Beautiful". Big damn deal. They are trying to be patriotic and honor the country, while at the same time remaining true to their faith.

I swear, some of you "conservatives" make me embarrassed that you are nominally on my side of the aisle.

I would suggest you move their if you can't respect an American private college's decision to run their college how they see fit.

Do you believe it is patriotic for them to ban the national antherm, especially during a time of war when servicemen are dying for us? Please answer.

Of course it's not patriotic.

It 'is', however, their right to do so.

Flag burning is, IMHO, unpatriotic. But it has been found by SCOTUS to be constitutionally protected.

We do not have to agree with things like these. But we should respect their rights.

It's a Mennonite Christian college you fucking dork. They ain't wearing Che shirts either.

You believe Christians are all the same?

Welcome to reality - they're not.

Ever hear of Rev Wright??

How about this guy: Michael Pfleger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

teabaggingcc5.jpg

Yea terms like "social justice" are all fails.

If you're interested in learning - some Christians are straight up communists.

This is why ideas like prop 8 fail...

Conservative communists...

Flag burning is, IMHO, unpatriotic. But it has been found by SCOTUS to be constitutionally protected.

We do not have to agree with things like these. But we should respect their rights.

Playing "America the Beautiful" is unpatriotic?

He didn't write the story..

I believe NBC is a valid citation.

And? Does the story say that freedom-hating liberals banned the national anthem? No, it doesn't. I was responding to his rambling post.

No I'm sure it was the Tea Party....

So you're admitting that you don't know either. Thanks for being honest. Not that any of our opinions matter. It's a private college. There is no law that states they have to play the national anthem. I thought you cons loved freedom and all of that stuff. Why do you want to infringe on this college's rights? If you had it your way, would you send in big gov't goon squads to force them to play the national anthem?

Goshen's first listed Core Value:

We believe God is the foundation of all wisdom and knowledge. Through Christ we find merciful forgiveness and an invitation to a daily, personal walk empowered by the Holy Spirit. We are led by Christ in our search for truth.

I Corinthians 3:11: “For no one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ.”

(I suppose conservatives will tell us that they must be talking about the other Christ)

Did I stutter?

Did I say 'playing America the Beautiful' is unpatriotic? No. I responded to a specific question, which was 'Do you believe it is patriotic for them to ban the national antherm'.

Oh, btw, SPELL CHECK on occasion. Please. It's 'anthem'.

Did I stutter?

Did I say 'playing America the Beautiful' is unpatriotic? No. I responded to a specific question, which was 'Do you believe it is patriotic for them to ban the national antherm'.

I didn't use the word "anthem" in my post. But thanks for the 2nd grade spelling lesson anyway :thup:

Last edited:
You believe Christians are all the same?

Welcome to reality - they're not.

Ever hear of Rev Wright??

How about this guy: Michael Pfleger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

teabaggingcc5.jpg

I'm not really sure where you're going with this. It seems like you're trying to take all that Glenn Beck has taught you about "liberals" being freedom-hating communists and apply it to this situation. Hence the "fail".

Do you believe that country should trump God in the heart of the genuinely righteous man?

I saw this guy burn a flag one time..

Michael Pfleger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm from Chicago and saw dude burn a US flag at Saint Sabina in the AG on my way to work 10 years ago...

He backed up traffic and I saw him set it ablaze.

So, how many principles of 'liberty' do conservatives have to shit on to attack Goshen for this?

Yes. Judging by the responses in this thread, all conservatives are shitting on principles of liberty. :rolleyes:

Judging by your response, you didn't read the OP.

Of course I read the OP. My comment was regarding your assertion that 'conservatives' were shitting on principles of liberty. You're lumping all conservatives into the same group. I was pointing out to you that based on the number of conservative leaning posters in this thread who don't have a problem with the colleges actions, you were being unfair.

Thank you for proving my point so nicely.

Did I stutter?

I didn't use the word "anthem" in my post. But thanks for the 2nd grade spelling lesson anyway :thup:

apologies. I momentarily confused you with the OP. Damned nested quotes.

Yes. Judging by the responses in this thread, all conservatives are shitting on principles of liberty. :rolleyes:

Judging by your response, you didn't read the OP.

Of course I read the OP. My comment was regarding your assertion that 'conservatives' were shitting on principles of liberty. You're lumping all conservatives into the same group. I was pointing out to you that based on the number of conservative leaning posters in this thread who don't have a problem with the colleges actions, you were being unfair.

Thank you for proving my point so nicely.

I get told repeatedly, BY conservatives, what is and isn't true conservatism. If anyone's 'lumping' conservatives, it's conservatives themselves.

I'm not really sure where you're going with this. It seems like you're trying to take all that Glenn Beck has taught you about "liberals" being freedom-hating communists and apply it to this situation. Hence the "fail".

Glenn Beck?

Ha.....

A) I don't listen to Glenn Beck, B) I'm from Chicago er "the land of the Christian communist preachers" and have seen them do funky shit and when they do funky shit its televised on TV...

These tools are blatant communists and they proudly have no problem stating their views in front of a microphone.

Now, I don't need Glenn fucking Beck to explain their assertions to me when they're on the 5 o'clock news spewing their communism into a reporters microphone.

Not to mention I've seen these assholes bullshit first hand.

Not to mention I am a Catholic and don't agree with anything these Catholic communists have to say...

They apparently never read the Ten Commandments or refuse to accept them....

I believe stealing and envy is covered.

Those asshats envy and advocate stealing to subdue their envy.

Forum List

Back