Liberals At Indiana College BAN The 'Star Spangled Banner' Because It's Too Violent

Have you ever heard a such? This is a horrible sign of things to come and in the first time in the history of my life, I have never heard anyone even having the preposterous thought of having our national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner' banned from sporting events. I mean come on. Our President, if patriotic and loves his country like Sarah Palin, should call the college and tell them of the extreme importance it is to not ban the national anthem, but of course he doesn't love this country so we have to have another option by electing Sarah Palin as our next president. She is a devoted patriot who loves America and who understands the importance of why the national anthem should never be banned. For god sakes, it's our national anthem. To ban it is the most unpatriotic thing to do. This is a bad sign and it is the reflection of our president and his negative views he has towards this country. His negativity is spreading across America and it is poisoning our culture, heritage and moral values in a once proud 'UNITED' nation.

Indiana College Bans "Too Violent" National Anthem | NBC Washington

Tiny Goshen College in Indiana has banned the "The Star Spangled Banner: at all sporting events because the Mennonite school's president considers the National Anthem's words to be too violent.

The 1,000-student school had already banned the words last year, but the band could still play the music for patriots in attendance. Now, the school has banned the song entirely, according to NBC Sports.

The school’s board of directors told college President Jim Brenneman to “find an alternative to playing the National Anthem that fits with sports tradition, that honors country and that resonates with Goshen College’s core values and respects the views of diverse constituencies.”

Sounds to me like it was some right-wing religious extremist group.

Pacifists, before all else.

Idiotic. How can the act of playing one song be more "violent" than playing another?

The rest of us should start a movement to make sure they pay the same federal taxes as any business.

Did I stutter?

Did I say 'playing America the Beautiful' is unpatriotic? No. I responded to a specific question, which was 'Do you believe it is patriotic for them to ban the national antherm'.

Oh, btw, SPELL CHECK on occasion. Please. It's 'anthem'.

I didn't use the word "anthem" in my post. But thanks for the 2nd grade spelling lesson anyway :thup:

apologies. I momentarily confused you with the OP. Damned nested quotes.

No problem.

Idiotic. How can the act of playing one song be more "violent" than playing another?

The rest of us should start a movement to make sure they pay the same federal taxes as any business.

Yep, its some sort of psychosis via brainwashing.

I remember in the 80's (well have read about) when they thought music was responsible for this... Satanic ritual abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember Judas Priest was alleged to have put subliminal satanic messages into their music and some kid actually did attempt to blow his face off with a shotgun but lived and only lost his face.

Funny that the root cause of all this "If you play it backwards" bullshit started with the Beatles - er progressives, with that whole "Paul is dead" nonsense.

And you can bet these same assclowns walk around in their Che, er Ernesto Guevara T's proudly...

The irony is breathtaking.... I bet they demand freedom too.

Actually they are right wing conservative religious nuts

I remember in the 80's (well have read about) when they thought music was responsible for this... Satanic ritual abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember Judas Priest was alleged to have put subliminal satanic messages into their music and some kid actually did attempt to blow his face off with a shotgun but lived and only lost his face.

Funny that the root cause of all this "If you play it backwards" bullshit started with the Beatles - er progressives, with that whole "Paul is dead" nonsense.

Blaming music has been around since their was music

Blaming music has been around since their was music

I know - you ever hear of the dancing hysteria outbreak??

I don't know they sound like pre-internet "flash mobs" to me.

Dancing Plague of 1518 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That^^ is one of the most bizarre and funny er entertaining things I have read ever.

Too funny....

Right. Liberals banned the national anthem. Those damn rascally liberals. And I'm supposed to take you seriously, why? Because you still choose to ignore the president's birth certificate, or is there some other reason?
what the hell does that have to do with the national anthem ape??the left's house negro will be gone in 2012!! the national anthem is a show of love for country!!no wonder you don't like it!!

It's a stupid (silly) RELIGIOUS decision. It does not appear to really involve political ideology.

(It is the kind of thing we might expect of modern American liberal orthodoxy, though.)

And you can bet these same assclowns walk around in their Che, er Ernesto Guevara T's proudly...

The irony is breathtaking.... I bet they demand freedom too.

Yeah, how dare those people wear what they choose and expect their freedom of choice to be respected in the United States of America, the land of the free and the home of the brave. They should be deported, those damned liberals.
white American's should get together and stand in front of the black panthers headquarters and sing the national anthem!!:clap2::clap2:

a song about violence banned by a private, ultra anti-violence group.... whats the issue?

Have you ever heard a such? This is a horrible sign of things to come and in the first time in the history of my life, I have never heard anyone even having the preposterous thought of having our national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner' banned from sporting events. I mean come on. Our President, if patriotic and loves his country like Sarah Palin, should call the college and tell them of the extreme importance it is to not ban the national anthem, but of course he doesn't love this country so we have to have another option by electing Sarah Palin as our next president. She is a devoted patriot who loves America and who understands the importance of why the national anthem should never be banned. For god sakes, it's our national anthem. To ban it is the most unpatriotic thing to do. This is a bad sign and it is the reflection of our president and his negative views he has towards this country. His negativity is spreading across America and it is poisoning our culture, heritage and moral values in a once proud 'UNITED' nation.

Tiny Goshen College in Indiana has banned the "The Star Spangled Banner: at all sporting events because the Mennonite school's president considers the National Anthem's words to be too violent.

The 1,000-student school had already banned the words last year, but the band could still play the music for patriots in attendance. Now, the school has banned the song entirely, according to NBC Sports.

The school’s board of directors told college President Jim Brenneman to “find an alternative to playing the National Anthem that fits with sports tradition, that honors country and that resonates with Goshen College’s core values and respects the views of diverse constituencies.”
Ummm.....its a Mennonite school. Quakers are pacifists too.
Mennonite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Over the years, Mennonites have become known as one of the historic peace churches because of their commitment to nonviolence.
Quakers don't serve in wars either.

Last edited:

I disagree with this decision but Goshen is a Christian Mennonite College. The Mennonites are a Christian sect that have this thing about the avoidance of war or violent conflict, much in the way that the Amish seem extreme when it comes to technology.
As this is a private Christian college, I wouldn't categorize them as "Liberal" in the way the term is typically used in politics.

You're STILL NOT going to get a date w/ Caribou Barbie USAR :(

ccsr6.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I]Dead Kennedys - Kill the poor - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back