LIBERAL LAW PROF: OBAMA EXEC AMNESTY 'DANGEROUS' & 'UNPRECEDENTED THREAT' TO CONSTITUTIONAL SYSTEM

Great, then we find ourselves in a position very similar to the ACA.

The GOP needs to be screaming at the top of its lungs at every opportunity and in every interview that it has a clear and specific plan for immigration. I haven't seen them doing this, just as I did not see them doing it before the ACA bomb was dropped.

Nice and loud. Any day now.

You did not see or hear the republicans say anything against obamacare?

Huh, not one of them voted for it.

But, you wanted to hear from them?

Maybe you missed Ted Cruz filibuster for 21 hours to prevent the fraud that ACA is.

Gowdy talks Obamacare and Executive Overreach with Lou Dobbs

House Speaker Boehner Speaks After ObamaCare Voted Defunded

No, that's not what I said.

What I said was that the GOP did not take every opportunity to explain its health care plan, not just slam the ACA.

I think I made that pretty clear.

So now they have another chance on immigration. Let's see if they really have a plan, or they just watch again.

There were alternatives being proposed. Just because you did not "hear about it" does not mean they were not proposed. You are only showing the danger that is the main stream media.

Here are plans.

John McCain 8217 s Health Tax Credit Health Policy Blog NCPA.org

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=b8876db7-2be0-4c84-b833-3d77dc4afa83

Patientsā€™ Choice Act

May 2009

The Patientsā€™ Choice Act transforms health care in America: strengthening the relationship between the
patient and the doctor; using the forces of choice and competition rather than rationing and restrictions to contain costs; and ensuring universal, affordable health care for all Americans.
Preventing Disease and Promoting Healthier Lifestyles

Each year, five chronic diseases (heart disease, cancer, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and diabetes) cause twoā€thirds of American deaths; treatment of these largely preventable diseases makes up 75 percent of total health care expenditures. Critical investments in public health and disease prevention will go a long way in restraining health care costs and improving the quality of Americansā€™ lives. The Patientā€™s Choice Act of 2009 would:

ā€¢ Encourage increased coordination of federal prevention efforts and bring longā€overdue accountability to these
programs
ā€¢ Require CDC to undertake a national campaign highlighting scienceā€based health promotion strategies

ā€¢ Equip recipients of Supplemental Nutritional Benefits with easily understandable information about nutritious
food options and target the use of food stamps to healthy food choices

ā€¢ Invest $50 million annually for increased vaccine availability and bonus grants to states that achieve 90 percent
or greater coverage of CDCā€recommended vaccines

ā€¢ Provide incentives for states to reduce rates of chronic disease like heart disease and diabetes
Creating Affordable and Accessible Health Insurance Options Our health care system should be easier to navigate and provide integrated care in a more equitable manner. A vibrant market for health insurance that is consistent and fair will allow all Americans access to health coverage. The Patientā€™s
Choice Act of 2009 would encourage states to establish rational and reasonable consumer protections, including the following:

ā€¢ Creates State Health Insurance Exchanges to give Americans a oneā€stop marketplace to compare different
health insurance policies and select the one that meets their unique needs

ā€¢ Gives Americans the same standard health benefits as Members of Congress, so all Americans have a wide range
of choices

ā€¢ Protects the most vulnerable Americans to ensure that no individual would be turned down by a participating Exchange insurers based on age or health

ā€¢ Creates a nonā€profit, independent board to risk adjust among participating insurance companies to penalize companies that ā€œcherry pickā€ health patients and reward insurers that encourage prevention/wellness and cover patients with preā€existing conditions

ā€¢ Expands coverage through autoā€enrollment at state and medical points of service, for individuals who do not select a plan at the beginning of the year

ā€¢ Gives states the ability to band together in regional pooling arrangements, as well as the creation of robust high risk pools, reinsurance markets, or risk adjustment mechanisms to cover those deemed ā€˜uninsurableā€™ Equalizes the Tax Treatment of Health Care, Empowering All Americans with Real Access to Coverage Economic analysts across the political divide agree that the tax code is stacked in favor of the wealthy and those who get their health coverage through their employers, discriminating against the selfā€employed, the unemployed, and small businesses. The Patientsā€™ Choice Act of 2009 would restore fairness in the tax code and give every American, regardless of employment status, the ability to purchase health insurance by:

ā€¢ Providing an advanceable and refundable tax credit of $2,300 per individual or $5,700 per family

ā€¢ Improving the operation of Health Savings Accounts [HSAs] by allowing health insurance premiums to be paid with HSAs without a tax penalty

ā€¢ Allowing preventative services to be covered by High Deductible Health Plans

ā€¢ Increasing the amount of money an HSA owner may annually contribute to their account

Why weren't they holding this bill up in the air every single time they were interviewed?

Why weren't they wearing some bright pin on their lapels when they were being interviewed?

Why wasn't it mentioned loud and clear in campaign ads?

Where were the signs and bumper stickers with the name of this thing?

Is the GOP really so clueless that it couldn't get its shit together to do the above?

The media is bad enough, indeed, but there's no excuse for that failure.

You ask me why they did not say anything. I show you how they did, culminating in Ted Cruz filibustering for 21 hours, and he was crushed for those types of actions. Especially that one.

You ask me for the proposals by the republicans and I show you what they proposed. The MSM media lied of course stating that they did not propose anything.

The republicans NOT ONE voted for the fraud. The TEA PARTY spoke and yelled for years against the obamacare, maybe you are deaf. I do not know.

Do not give me this never ending shit that there was no voice of opposition. Especially when there was. You not hearing it, only illustrates how controlled the information is.

Stop it with your shit.

Cruz filibuster?

BBBBAAAAWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

filibuster hell, he yammered on an on about himself for 21 hours ... 21 hours is a blink in the lifetime of a real filibuster.

Cruz is an idiot, and only idiots bought his "filibuster" BS..

Kudos Owlboy, YOU IDIOT !

1964 ... debate filibuster over a bill lasted over a MONTH ... look it up!

21 hours ... LMAO

Last edited:
I'm not in favor of sweeping changes, beyond simply saying we aren't going to deport people who fit in some category, because I think an EO can only do so much, and like much of Obama's actions, he may make something worse. But, I really don't understand how one can say the gop has "an approach." My take on the House is they simply say "we can do nothing until the border is secure," while you can build fences all you want, the only way to make the border secure is to stop hiring new illegal immigrants who come here. It's simply a kabuki dance to avoid accepting there has to be some form of amnesty because IT'S NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE TO DEPORT THEM ALL.

I'm not in favor of sweeping changes, beyond simply saying we aren't going to deport people who fit in some category, because I think an EO can only do so much, and like much of Obama's actions, he may make something worse. But, I really don't understand how one can say the gop has "an approach." My take on the House is they simply say "we can do nothing until the border is secure," while you can build fences all you want, the only way to make the border secure is to stop hiring new illegal immigrants who come here. It's simply a kabuki dance to avoid accepting there has to be some form of amnesty because IT'S NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE TO DEPORT THEM ALL.

Good stuff.

We don't yet know the details of this EO, assuming he does it. It would be ironic if, after all this buildup, it turned out to be fairly benign.

You did not see or hear the republicans say anything against obamacare?

Huh, not one of them voted for it.

But, you wanted to hear from them?

Maybe you missed Ted Cruz filibuster for 21 hours to prevent the fraud that ACA is.

Gowdy talks Obamacare and Executive Overreach with Lou Dobbs

House Speaker Boehner Speaks After ObamaCare Voted Defunded

No, that's not what I said.

What I said was that the GOP did not take every opportunity to explain its health care plan, not just slam the ACA.

I think I made that pretty clear.

So now they have another chance on immigration. Let's see if they really have a plan, or they just watch again.

There were alternatives being proposed. Just because you did not "hear about it" does not mean they were not proposed. You are only showing the danger that is the main stream media.

Here are plans.

John McCain 8217 s Health Tax Credit Health Policy Blog NCPA.org

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=b8876db7-2be0-4c84-b833-3d77dc4afa83

Patientsā€™ Choice Act

May 2009

The Patientsā€™ Choice Act transforms health care in America: strengthening the relationship between the
patient and the doctor; using the forces of choice and competition rather than rationing and restrictions to contain costs; and ensuring universal, affordable health care for all Americans.
Preventing Disease and Promoting Healthier Lifestyles

Each year, five chronic diseases (heart disease, cancer, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and diabetes) cause twoā€thirds of American deaths; treatment of these largely preventable diseases makes up 75 percent of total health care expenditures. Critical investments in public health and disease prevention will go a long way in restraining health care costs and improving the quality of Americansā€™ lives. The Patientā€™s Choice Act of 2009 would:

ā€¢ Encourage increased coordination of federal prevention efforts and bring longā€overdue accountability to these
programs
ā€¢ Require CDC to undertake a national campaign highlighting scienceā€based health promotion strategies

ā€¢ Equip recipients of Supplemental Nutritional Benefits with easily understandable information about nutritious
food options and target the use of food stamps to healthy food choices

ā€¢ Invest $50 million annually for increased vaccine availability and bonus grants to states that achieve 90 percent
or greater coverage of CDCā€recommended vaccines

ā€¢ Provide incentives for states to reduce rates of chronic disease like heart disease and diabetes
Creating Affordable and Accessible Health Insurance Options Our health care system should be easier to navigate and provide integrated care in a more equitable manner. A vibrant market for health insurance that is consistent and fair will allow all Americans access to health coverage. The Patientā€™s
Choice Act of 2009 would encourage states to establish rational and reasonable consumer protections, including the following:

ā€¢ Creates State Health Insurance Exchanges to give Americans a oneā€stop marketplace to compare different
health insurance policies and select the one that meets their unique needs

ā€¢ Gives Americans the same standard health benefits as Members of Congress, so all Americans have a wide range
of choices

ā€¢ Protects the most vulnerable Americans to ensure that no individual would be turned down by a participating Exchange insurers based on age or health

ā€¢ Creates a nonā€profit, independent board to risk adjust among participating insurance companies to penalize companies that ā€œcherry pickā€ health patients and reward insurers that encourage prevention/wellness and cover patients with preā€existing conditions

ā€¢ Expands coverage through autoā€enrollment at state and medical points of service, for individuals who do not select a plan at the beginning of the year

ā€¢ Gives states the ability to band together in regional pooling arrangements, as well as the creation of robust high risk pools, reinsurance markets, or risk adjustment mechanisms to cover those deemed ā€˜uninsurableā€™ Equalizes the Tax Treatment of Health Care, Empowering All Americans with Real Access to Coverage Economic analysts across the political divide agree that the tax code is stacked in favor of the wealthy and those who get their health coverage through their employers, discriminating against the selfā€employed, the unemployed, and small businesses. The Patientsā€™ Choice Act of 2009 would restore fairness in the tax code and give every American, regardless of employment status, the ability to purchase health insurance by:

ā€¢ Providing an advanceable and refundable tax credit of $2,300 per individual or $5,700 per family

ā€¢ Improving the operation of Health Savings Accounts [HSAs] by allowing health insurance premiums to be paid with HSAs without a tax penalty

ā€¢ Allowing preventative services to be covered by High Deductible Health Plans

ā€¢ Increasing the amount of money an HSA owner may annually contribute to their account

Why weren't they holding this bill up in the air every single time they were interviewed?

Why weren't they wearing some bright pin on their lapels when they were being interviewed?

Why wasn't it mentioned loud and clear in campaign ads?

Where were the signs and bumper stickers with the name of this thing?

Is the GOP really so clueless that it couldn't get its shit together to do the above?

The media is bad enough, indeed, but there's no excuse for that failure.

You ask me why they did not say anything. I show you how they did, culminating in Ted Cruz filibustering for 21 hours, and he was crushed for those types of actions. Especially that one.

You ask me for the proposals by the republicans and I show you what they proposed. The MSM media lied of course stating that they did not propose anything.

The republicans NOT ONE voted for the fraud. The TEA PARTY spoke and yelled for years against the obamacare, maybe you are deaf. I do not know.

Do not give me this never ending shit that there was no voice of opposition. Especially when there was. You not hearing it, only illustrates how controlled the information is.

Stop it with your shit.

Cruz filibuster?

BBBBAAAAWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

filibuster hell, he yammered on an on about himself for 21 hours ... 21 hours is a blink in the lifetime of a real filibuster.

Cruz is an idiot, and only idiots bought his "filibuster" BS..

Kudos Owlboy, YOU IDIOT !

Holy shit you liberals are such a waste of blood. You should have been flushed or swallowed. You can kiss my log cutter you unreal moron.

Perhaps you are not up on current events or behind the news a bit, but everything Ted Cruz claimed, everything I claimed, everything every conservative claimed, and everything the tea party claimed about the fraudulent obamacare was TRUE you STUPID FUCK.

EVERYTHING THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION CLAIMED about the fraudulent obamacare was a lie.

Look everyone. A complete bonified moron calling me an idiot. Even with the news that the obama administration considers his entire voting base morons. THEY EVEN GOT CAUGHT CALLING these left wing pieces of moronic shit stupid.

Oh dear Lord I hate them.

Good stuff.

We don't yet know the details of this EO, assuming he does it. It would be ironic if, after all this buildup, it turned out to be fairly benign.

I'm not optimistic about Obama doing something positive on this issue, but even if he were to do something fairly benign that just brought some sanity to whom we arrest and deport, I think the come-over judge on Faux will go apoplectic and Hannity will get the vapors.

Turley is also the lawyer representing the House of Representatives in its civil actions against Obama's executive actions in the implementation of the ACA.
Some "liberal lawyer".

I love it how righties quote liberals till sun up when they can use it, then discredit every other things they ever say.

I'm getting the impression righties are indulging the fantasy that Obama's dissapproval opens up the possibility that not only swing voters mught go right, but actual lefties might go right.

It's so adorable.

Don't know who gave them that idea......

Oh...yeah...Fox.

That IS Adorable!

I mean who but the Intellectually Less Fortunate would offer straw reasoning as ARGUMENT?

Absolutely ADORABLE!

In truth,
there are now plenty of votes in the House to cleave obamacare from the law. The Challenge is in the overriding of obama's veto. But, we'll be handling that in '16, when a Tea Party candidate takes the Presidency back and when the Legislature enjoys a Tea Party majority in both houses of the congress.

And THAT... oh... now won't THAT, be precious?
Sweets dreams....

Good stuff.

I'm not optimistic about Obama doing something positive on this issue, but even if he were to do something fairly benign that just brought some sanity to whom we arrest and deport, I think the come-over judge on Faux will go apoplectic and Hannity will get the vapors.

Yeah, that's a pretty safe bet.

There's a ton of cross-currents on this issue, strange bedfellows, and that's why I think it would be a helluva lot better if our "leaders" would actually lead. Congress should put up a new bill for Obama's up or down. Both ends need to go on the record here.

true .. as long as there are jobs there will be immigrants to fill those jobs .. build a dome, it wont stop them.

ENFORCE THE LAW ON THE BOOKS !

Turley is also the lawyer representing the House of Representatives in its civil actions against Obama's executive actions in the implementation of the ACA.
Sounds like a smart man.
He is but he's also got a libertarian bent, so "liberal" is pigeonholing him unfairly. I'm not sure that he and Randian Paul wouldn't have a lot of common ground when it cam to Presidential Power to pursue war aims, or implementation of the ACA, but he may well be no fan of the sweeping Patriot Act Powers than most gop senators favor. And, as I understand it, he does not favor the death penalty, but I'm not familiar with why.

Forum List

Back