Liberal County in NoVa Giving Basic Income to Low-Income Because….Other People Have More Money than they Do

I don’t want anyone to O.D. I would like to see young women in their 20s, already with multiple children being supported with other people’s money, refrain from having a fourth, and a fifth, and a sixth. They give no thought to whether or not they can afford them, since they know leftists will take from retired elderly or whomever to cover their expenses.
Nobody does, but it is as inevitable as those young women popping out more income producing children. Until these morons start educating these young people and stop rewarding stupid behavior, that is what will happen. Survival of the fittest.

Even assuming Fairfax is correct in saying they have generational poverty, as opposed to people falling and getting up, and other falling and getting up ....., how will giving people money further their drive to better their lives?
Fairfax is one of the richest counties in the nation, thanks to dual-income overpaid government workers and the Beltway Bandits. That drives costs up everywhere, including rents.

Low-income people can rent in Prince William County, and commute in. (That’s what people have been doing for generations - living in outer suburbs.) Or they can live in a dumpy area of Fairfax. People aren’t entitled to live in an expensive part of town and just expect the liberals to hand them other people’s money!

Nobody does, but it is as inevitable as those young women popping out more income producing children. Until these morons start educating these young people and stop rewarding stupid behavior, that is what will happen. Survival of the fittest.
Yup. The first thing we need to do is cut off this “refundable” child tax credit to people who don’t even pay taxes - in other words, it’s pure welfare. They want them to be able to call it a tax credit, because it might hurt their feelings to admit they have their kids in welfare.

I don’t want anyone to O.D. I would like to see young women in their 20s, already with multiple children being supported with other people’s money, refrain from having a fourth, and a fifth, and a sixth. They give no thought to whether or not they can afford them, since they know leftists will take from retired elderly or whomever to cover their expenses.
It is a conundrum. If we don't base aid on the number of children, children will have less aid. If we cont to base aid on the number of children, it will cont to encourage more children.

BUT I am not aware of any site that shows how many children in poverty are actually in single - never married - households with 3 or more children?

It is a conundrum. If we don't base aid on the number of children, children will have less aid. If we cont to base aid on the number of children, it will cont to encourage more children.

BUT I am not aware of any site that shows how many children in poverty are actually in single - never married - households with 3 or more children?
I don’t know of that data, either.

Yup. The first thing we need to do is cut off this “refundable” child tax credit to people who don’t even pay taxes - in other words, it’s pure welfare. They want them to be able to call it a tax credit, because it might hurt their feelings to admit they have their kids in welfare.
Well, if we make kids have better lives, they may have better lives as adults because we do know that if a kid grows up in poverty, they are more likely to be in poverty as an adult as a kid who didn't grow up in poverty. But I agree with you that simply giving a family money so they won't be in poverty is not likely to encourage people to work. So, I'd be in favor of increasing schools ability to provide nutrition and educational help. And making sure community college was free to those who actually pass classes wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Lol, hate to scare the holy loving shit out of ya but life as we know it is going to radically change over the next fifty years. There is a good reason they are experimenting with basic income.

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...illion-manufacturing-jobs-by-2030?context=amp.

This is over the next 8 years. The trend will only speed up
You seem to think that we will be technology and employment leaders while you take over. You ain't. Tell me one black person or prog female that has started an industry by themselves employing millions are. There are not any. A half century of pure backing by government is a long time with ideas and making patents.

Well, if we make kids have better lives, they may have better lives as adults because we do know that if a kid grows up in poverty, they are more likely to be in poverty as an adult as a kid who didn't grow up in poverty. But I agree with you that simply giving a family money so they won't be in poverty is not likely to encourage people to work. So, I'd be in favor of increasing schools ability to provide nutrition and educational help. And making sure community college was free to those who actually pass classes wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
Community college is already free to low-income students via Pell Grants.

You seem to think that we will be technology and employment leaders while you take over. You ain't. Tell me one black person or prog female that has started an industry by themselves employing millions are. There are not any. A half century of pure backing by government is a long time with ideas and making patents.
Lol, wtf are you talking about. My name is not brain I do not plot to take over anything. Hilarious 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀. That being said many on the right are against education. Lol, not exactly the way to maintain a technical advantage.. As far as job production goes don't y'all accuse Sorros, Musk, and Gates of being lefties? Lol, you are hilarious all the way around. Keep worrying about the immigrants, hilarious, meanwhile immigration is down. Just a boogie man your masters give you stupid slaves to keep your eyes off the real problem. Think what you want but automation is the real threat to our way of life. In the next fifty years automation is going to speed up to a point bit will make your head spin. What the fuck use is it to be alive when a machine can replace you? Fucked up shit is around the corner and as far as I see there is not shit we can do to stop it.

People say it's workers responsibility to find a higher paying job, which it is. That's happening and people are still complaining. They want people to stay at lower paying jobs when they can find more pay?
Today, a worker should not be giving the current employer 2 weeks notice. It's out the door starting the better job asap.

People say it's workers responsibility to find a higher paying job, which it is. That's happening and people are still complaining. They want people to stay at lower paying jobs when they can find more pay?
Today, a worker should not be giving the current employer 2 weeks notice. It's out the door starting the better job asap.
I realize you’re a leftist and hence hostile to job creators, but if an employer gives a two-week notice (or two-week severance payment) to an employee, then the employee should extend the same courtesy.

Also, nobody is objecting to low-skilled people improving their market value and getting better-paying jobs. What we object to is low-income people who decide to just quit their jobs and take other people’s money to support their families.

I'm not talking about quitting then not working. I'm talking about workers who quit their jobs for a better one. I'm not hostile to anyone and also not a leftist. I can honestly say I didn't vote in the last election. There wasn't a candidate worthy of my vote. That all being said,. It's a great thing when employees have options for higher paying jobs and it's good when employers have to compete more than usual for them. An employee can always(daily) be looking for and spying for a higher paying job. They could get hired and a month later they move onto a different job. Everyone in this scenario wins.

Let's see how it works out.

Gonna keep an open mind about it OP?
It won't work out because they will likely get inundated with poor from all over looking for handouts. Then the money makers will leave to avoid the filth. Then the coffers will have no tax base to fill them.

DUMB idea that incentives laziness

I'm not talking about quitting then not working. I'm talking about workers who quit their jobs for a better one. I'm not hostile to anyone and also not a leftist. I can honestly say I didn't vote in the last election. There wasn't a candidate worthy of my vote. That all being said,. It's a great thing when employees have options for higher paying jobs and it's good when employers have to compete more than usual for them. An employee can always(daily) be looking for and spying for a higher paying job. They could get hired and a month later they move onto a different job. Everyone in this scenario wins.
Except none of that has anything to do with the topic of this thread - which is the liberals in Fairfax wanting to give low-income earners even MORE handouts, and without strings. Giving low-skilled workers more of other people’s money makes them less likely they will want to better themselves and get better jobs - it makes it more likely that they can just quit the jobs they have, and not work at all.

It should be pointed out that the idea of a basic minimum income, supplied by the government, was first proposed by Thomas Paine (aka "The Father of the American Revolution" and a close friend of George Washington)

Forum List

Back