Liberal County in NoVa Giving Basic Income to Low-Income Because….Other People Have More Money than they Do

we can always import more haitians and afghans and somalians to do the work
That’s actually the evil plan of the Dems. Move the lower-income off jobs entirely and into the government dole, where they will keep voting for the gravy train, and import more illegals to do the low-level jobs.

America will be comprised of:

1) Affluent, highly paid Americans with advanced degrees or business owners, who pay the bulk of the taxes

2) Middle-earning Americans with a college degree in a marketable field, who also pay taxes

3) Americans who learned a trade after high school, and are well paid tradesmen, who also pay taxes

4) Tens of millions of unmotivated, irresponsible Americans with a HS diploma who never gave any effort to acquiring job skills, who will be paid so much in “free stuff” that they will refuse to work the only jobs they are qualified for - the low-level ones - and keep voting Democrat so they be supported by other people

5) Tens of millions of illegals, welcomed in to the country to do the low-level jobs the American high school graduates (at least 50% of the population) don‘t have to do anymore

I agree. They won't ever offer more than they can afford. That being said they aren't entitled to good productive workers.

There are alit of jobs open. That enables the hardest working people on this earth(Americans)...to pick the highest paying ones they can find. Workers are gaining a little. That's a great thing. Nobody loses.
I'm not talking hypotheticals here junior. I worked for over 50 years everything from selling newspapers and mowing lawns to creating and maintaining the computer managed maintenance system for the largest winery in the world. I earned mine and I didn't whine that I wasn't paid fairly. Bring some value to the workplace and you will be compensated.

I totally agree that all workers should train themselves so they can use those skills against their employers. What I mean is a good employee is always looking for a better higher paying job and his employer knows it.

I totally agree that all workers should train themselves so they can use those skills against their employers. What I mean is a good employee is always looking for a better higher paying job and his employer knows it. Keep increasing your value and use it against employers in a sense.

Does a single county in the United States have the legal power and the finances to do such a thing or is there something going on with the feds?

they aren't entitled to good productive workers.
They will pay for the value that they receive. Are you going to pay $20 per copy of your local newspaper because paper mill workers with no skills get paid $25 an hour? It the newspapers don't sell, they go out of business, they quit buying paper the mill goes out of business and those overpaid, unskilled workers are back out on the street.

The mill won't pay what they can't afford. $25 an hour isn't all that much. They've been advertising for a solid 2 months.

And people aren’t entitled to stay home and have other people support them when there are open jobs they could do.
It used to be that if you were collecting UI, you were required to go out and look for work. If you were offered a job and you didn't take it, no more UI. Many times the EDD would send you out to a prospective employer and if you didn't take the job, no UI. Beggars can't be choosers.

I think many people who were eligible to retire and were still working widened up, did the right thing for themselves and nation, and retired. This has helped.

Employers can't compete with the government give aways. The US is failing and these communist give aways are killing it.
True. The government doesn’t have to worry about P&L. It can just print more money, driving inflation, and hand tons of it over to deadbeats who would just as soon take other people’s money than support themselves.

And we have brain-dead leftists thinking this is a good thing.

Last edited:
That’s actually the evil plan of the Dems. Move the lower-income off jobs entirely and into the government dole, where they will keep voting for the gravy train, and import more illegals to do the low-level jobs.

America will be comprised of:

1) Affluent, highly paid Americans with advanced degrees or business owners, who pay the bulk of the taxes

2) Middle-earning Americans with a college degree in a marketable field, who also pay taxes

3) Americans who learned a trade after high school, and are well paid tradesmen, who also pay taxes

4) Tens of millions of unmotivated, irresponsible Americans with a HS diploma who never gave any effort to acquiring job skills, who will be paid so much in “free stuff” that they will refuse to work the only jobs they are qualified for - the low-level ones - and keep voting Democrat so they be supported by other people

5) Tens of millions of illegals, welcomed in to the country to do the low-level jobs the American high school graduates (at least 50% of the population) don‘t have to do anymore
When the taxes get so high that the middle income people can make more by staying at home because they are paying such high taxes for the government give aways--they will take the free money. This wrong headed thinking will doom the American economy.

When the taxes get so high that the middle income people can make more by staying at home because they are paying such high taxes for the government give aways--they will take the free money. This wrong headed thinking will doom the American economy.
That’s also true. Why should a middle-income worker earning $70,000 or so have to fight rush hour traffic, deal with bosses and difficult coworkers, have all the headaches and pressures that come with a job, and then end up with just $45,000 after taxes, and $40,000 after commuting and other job-related expenses, when he could quit and get rent subsidies, food stamps, free health care, and a basic income?

I do agree working until utter exhaustion day in and day out only to barely scrape by is no dream. No time to enjoy one moment of life because one has to work incessantly is a bad way to live.

I do agree working until utter exhaustion day in and day out only to barely scrape by is no dream. No time to enjoy one moment of life because one has to work incessantly is a bad way to live.
That’s why people should take responsibility for their own earning power and, at the minimum, enroll in some sort of job training after high school. If someone finishes high school and has no Job skills to offer an employer beyond that which a middle schooler could master before lunch, well, it’s his own fault.

Forum List

Back