LGBTQ sues Governor Ron DeSantis

They also have property rights in the job and actual First Amendment protections.

I would dispute THAT, since universities still retain the same right to set the course curriculum and control what's said. Admittedly, universities are expected by most everyone to be much more flexible, but they do still get to impose certain standards and restrictions.

Pretty obviously, you've worked hard at ignoring and avoiding all the many, MANY online videos from teachers talking about how awful it is that they won't be able to have these conversations with "their kids" any more.
Cite them, from Florida. I don't go to cracker yokel websites other than this one.

back in the 70s i lived in maitland and we went several times during the "off season". we'd get there at opening and leave by lunch tired as hell. it was fun and simply a place to go forget the bullshit of the world.

now disney has taken it upon themselves to determine what should be "normalized" as some have put it. great. except before trump was president, i said there is an effort coming that will try to "normalize the extreme".

and here we are.

trouble is, when you normalize extreme, something else becomes extreme. in a time where child trafficing is at an all time high, we should be cognoscente of these matters and avoid adding fuel to the fire. those doing it, well they're the problem. thank you for identifying yourself.

but man, river country was fucking amazing and we'd spend many summers there also. now it's abandoned and i think going to be bulldozed over. many many years ago i took a disney boat ride when visiting family there sitll and we went by it and i was able to some shots of what was left.

now when i go back to visit family in orlando, if they say something about going to disney, i simply say "please do that when im not there". if they wish to keep going, their call and i support that. but leave me out of any planning around it.

now moon knight is actually a movie / series and i loved that character in high school and collected the artwork of bill s who did an amazing job with it. i refuse to watch anything from disney now. i got hbomax for free with my gigabit connection but it's all crap so i never watch it.

sad how both have fallen.
This definitely is not the Disney many parents grew up with. Instead of a day to escape from the crap going on, it now gets pushed on you all day. As a Moon Knight fan myself, I do worry about how they’ll treat the character.

This definitely is not the Disney many parents grew up with. Instead of a day to escape from the crap going on, it now gets pushed on you all day. As a Moon Knight fan myself, I do worry about how they’ll treat the character.
Bill s (not going to try n spell his last name) was THE artist for MK.

Please cite instances in Florida necessitating the law. Not hearsay, actual media produced instances.

No, you don't have to read the article. Watch the video.

1648767896646.png

I can go on, but frankly, I don't care enough about convincing you of something you've worked hard to not know about.

That's the point. The law is very broad. It's unclear whether or not a lawsuit like that would get thrown out. Frankly I'm rooting for it. Watching bigots try to argue in court why treating Timmy's two mom family like human beings rather than spawns of Satan and calling everyone in court a groomer could be really entertaining. 😄
What part of the law's broadness would forbid putting a student drawing of his parents on the wall if the parents were the same sex?

Give me the sentence in the law that you think would be used to ban this?

Unless you are saying that someone might sue over that? Sure, anyone can sue anyone for any reason. The law you are supposedly angry about did not change that.

the law doesn't say "don't talk about homosexuality" i believe it says "no sex ex period in these grades".

the self-persecution is off the charts.

Here's what it specifically says: "Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3, or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."

It also includes a requirement that schools must notify parents of changes to a student’s health or well-being and prohibits schools from encouraging students to withhold information from parents, and gives the parents access to their children's education and health records from the school district, and lets the parents opt out of healthcare services offered by the school.

View attachment 624174

I can go on, but frankly, I don't care enough about convincing you of something you've worked hard to not know about.

Fire their sick ass.

View attachment 624174

Those "teachers" need not worry. Here's what the actual law says:

1648769700123.png

No one is required to "out" any gay student to their parents. They are not allowed to secretly "counsel" students cutting the student's parents out of the information loop.

It is clear what those teachers' agenda is from how mad they are at it being thwarted.

What part of the law's broadness would forbid putting a student drawing of his parents on the wall if the parents were the same sex?

Give me the sentence in the law that you think would be used to ban this?

Unless you are saying that someone might sue over that? Sure, anyone can sue anyone for any reason. The law you are supposedly angry about did not change that.

I think any parent sending his/her child to public school, however conservative they may be, is aware that there are kids out there who have gay parents and their child will likely encounter them. And I really doubt the vast majority want that other child to be made to feel bad about their family. Conservative parents are prepared to have to teach their kids about such things. The point is, WE want to be the ones to make those decisions.

Way back when my daughter was in second grade (she's 33 now), she came home and asked me, "Mom, what's a lesbian?" I said, "Where did you hear that word?" and she told me that one of her classmates had two moms, and had told her that they were lesbians. I said, "Well, a lesbian is a woman who is attracted to other women the way most women are attracted to men." Boom! Done. At that age, that was all she needed and she was good to go.

Do I think she would have gotten such a basic matter-of-fact answer from woke teachers today? Not on your life.

Be there for the kids' questions, with answers they can relate to, they can comprehend and understand.
If the concept is too adult to explain, or they don't understand, tell them they are too young to understand what it means at this time, and one day they will find out on their own.

It's not a difficult thing to do, and it protects the child.

There ARE LAWS regarding all of this shit going on with children these days. I don't understand WHY they are being so blatantly ignored!!!

If you are not the PARENT/GUARDIAN of the child, or a LICENSED, PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED instructor of the child.......YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS TEACHING THEM ANYTHING WITHOUT THE PARENTS/GUARDIANS DIRECT PERMISSION!!!

I don't know why kids gravitate towards me, but they always have. I've been shopping in some store somewhere, and all of a sudden I feel a little hand grabbing mine. I look down and see a kid holding my fingers. I'll smile and say HI, and ask if they are lost. One kid got a shocked look on his face and ran off.......I supposed he thought I was his father and wasn't paying attention. Another kid looked at me and giggled and ran off. Another kid did say "Yes, I'm lost, can you help me"? And I took him to the store management so they could help him find his mother.

Kids ask me questions out of the blue, and if it's an innocent question, like "What is rain", I will tell them it's water from the clouds. If it's anything more that that, I tell them they need ask mommy and daddy, or grandma and grandpa, or their teacher at school (if appropriate). Once or twice the kid has said they have asked these people and still not gotten an answer. I will have them ask me the question, and based off that, I will tell them that IS a 'mommy and daddy question' for sure, regardless of what question it is. And then I will tell them HOW to ask mommy and daddy the question, so hopefully the parents WILL answer the kid.

I was left to my own devices when I was young, and I learned what I wanted to learn on my own. And thats what I feel I should do with the kids that find me magnetic for some reason. I want to help THEM find ways to get their own answers to lifes questions. And the best way for that, for me, is to help them find a way to ASK that question to the correct person or people, so they can hopefully get their answer.

It is not a difficult thing to HELP a kid AND also stay out of the parental aspect of what the parents want for the kid.

It's easier for older kids though. Explaining WHY they need to ask the appropriate adults certain questions gives them the understanding that certain questions, certain issues, certain problems, should be handled by the people that can best help them with that question, issue, or problem. And sometimes these kids DON'T NEED answers, as much as they need to know how to correctly put this question to the appropriate adults they SHOULD be asking these questions to!!

Help them learn for themselves. They cannot learn without instruction on how to do so.
Give them some basic tools on learning how to get what they need to the questions they have.
They will figure everything else out for themselves from there.

My daughter would bring her friends to me to ask questions, because she really trusted my answers. There's not a chance in the world that I would have answered THOSE sorts of questions for kids that little. When she and her friends were teenagers, the rule they had to agree to was that if I thought their question required their parents or the authorities to know about it, I would tell them, because I wouldn't keep secrets that might get the kids hurt.

My personal favorite was the teenaged girl who asked me, "How can you tell if you have chlamydia?" She was not happy when I made her tell her mother, but I think it actually did wonders for their relationship.

That's the point. The law is very broad. It's unclear whether or not a lawsuit like that would get thrown out. Frankly I'm rooting for it. Watching bigots try to argue in court why treating Timmy's two mom family like human beings rather than spawns of Satan and calling everyone in court a groomer could be really entertaining. 😄

"I just think it'll be wonderful when people I don't like have to explain something that the law doesn't actually do, but that my masters told me to think it does!"

Hold your breath waiting.

Nope, that's still you. Open a biology book, learn about the intersexed.

Read your own posts, and see if you can make them vaguely consistent. Did you not just tell me last night - in a thread where you had repeatedly told me that the existence of intersex people proves that humans are not sexually dimorphic - that you had never said that? Now here you're saying it again.

Make up your mind, if you can find it.

Forum List

Back