LGBTQ sues Governor Ron DeSantis

Maybe you should crack a book?
Maybe you should drop the attitude.

There are multiple forms of intersex which either involve the genes failing to express properly or not at all. There are genes responsible for physical expression, and if the genes determining the person to be female fail to express to a point that underdeveloped or male genitalia form in place of the correct type, that is a failure of gene expression. As for "absence", reference "45, XO" Intersex, which involves a whole set of chromosomes failing to express.

Look, I'm not some random kook on this website who loves to spout off at the mouth without researching his statements.

And if you haven't noticed by now, I generally agree with you--your attitude notwithstanding.

Hope we get off on a better foot next time.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I think it depends on the defect that the person has. Leftists say "intersex" as though they're all the same, but there are actually a number of different conditions that fall under this heading, and they all have different causes and different effects, with different recommended treatments.
Indeed, you are correct.

But on the other hand, upon supplementary research, I was also correct in what I said earlier to scruffy.

One, when a law is so vague and poorly defined, people can’t tell what would be considered a violation on the one hand, and the easily be abused to encompass almost any form of “uncomfortable“ free speech. This is typical of authoritarian regimes.

From what I can tell, the purpose of the law is clearly stated. I only see LGBTQ advocacy groups and members misrepresenting the actual premise of the law.

The law itself does not ban people from discussing sexual preferences, it stops teachers from teaching that subject matter to children who are too young to understand or make those types of decisions, namely those stated in the law.

The parents of those children can easily circumvent the law by doing it themselves if they are so inclined. My opinion of their parenting skills notwithstanding.

img_1_1648845049003.jpg

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good
Let’s get all this attempted forced feeding of every deviation and self identification concept right to the legal forefront.

Maybe you should drop the attitude.

There are multiple forms of intersex which either involve the genes failing to express properly or not at all. There are genes responsible for physical expression, and if the genes determining the person to be female fail to express to a point that underdeveloped or male genitalia form in place of the correct type, that is a failure of gene expression. As for "absence", reference "45, XO" Intersex, which involves a whole set of chromosomes failing to express.

Look, I'm not some random kook on this website who loves to spout off at the mouth without researching his statements.

And if you haven't noticed by now, I generally agree with you--your attitude notwithstanding.

Hope we get off on a better foot next time.

Cheers.
You will learn to love my attitude.

Scruffy is a very loyal character. Man's best friend.

Scruffy likes kids too. And protects them.

And Scruff's a smart little mutt too, and doesn't take any shit from anyone.

Scruffy's the kind of dog you want watching your back, when the chips are down.

The rest of time, yeah he barks a little bit. He just wants you to know he's there, so you won't get surprised when he springs into action. :)

Indeed, you are correct.

But on the other hand, upon supplementary research, I was also correct in what I said earlier to scruffy.

Cuddling Goats likes to bring up one particular intersex genetic defect, Swyer Syndrome (of course, he never calls it by name, so he probably just heard someone refer to it once). Those with Swyer Syndrome have XY chromosomes, but have a mutation in one or more of several genes. It causes them to be born with female external genitalia, which is abnormal, and smears of gonadal tissue, called streak gonads, in place of either ovaries or testes. They do not experience puberty and are infertile. Most of the people with this condition are raised as females.

To whatever passes as Cuddling Goats' mind, this means that women can have XY chromosomes, rather than that an accommodation is being made for someone with a serious genetic disorder.

Ur
Cuddling Goats likes to bring up one particular intersex genetic defect, Swyer Syndrome (of course, he never calls it by name, so he probably just heard someone refer to it once). Those with Swyer Syndrome have XY chromosomes, but have a mutation in one or more of several genes. It causes them to be born with female external genitalia, which is abnormal, and smears of gonadal tissue, called streak gonads, in place of either ovaries or testes. They do not experience puberty and are infertile. Most of the people with this condition are raised as females.

To whatever passes as Cuddling Goats' mind, this means that women can have XY chromosomes, rather than that an accommodation is being made for someone with a serious genetic disorder
Yeah. The liberal mind is a mystery.

Gender dysphoria is a disease. Literally, "dis-ease".

From what I can tell, the purpose of the law is clearly stated. I only see LGBTQ advocacy groups and members misrepresenting the actual premise of the law.

The law itself does not ban people from discussing sexual preferences, it stops teachers from teaching that subject matter to children who are too young to understand or make those types of decisions, namely those stated in the law.

The parents of those children can easily circumvent the law by doing it themselves if they are so inclined. My opinion of their parenting skills notwithstanding.
I am not sure of that. For example Texas AG is saying a school celebrating recognizing gay people’s accomplishments during Pride Week and after school hours is against the law.

The other thing is “age appropriate”, I don’t think there is anything not age appropriate being taught. One thing that I think might get taught at an early age is what is appropriate and inappropriate touching. That can help protect a child.

You will learn to love my attitude.

Scruffy is a very loyal character. Man's best friend.

Scruffy likes kids too. And protects them.

And Scruff's a smart little mutt too, and doesn't take any shit from anyone.

Scruffy's the kind of dog you want watching your back, when the chips are down.

The rest of time, yeah he barks a little bit. He just wants you to know he's there, so you won't get surprised when he springs into action. :)
Fair enough.

I am not sure of that. For example Texas AG is saying a school celebrating recognizing gay people’s accomplishments during Pride Week and after school hours is against the law.
That's Texas, Coyote. This is Florida. I'd have to read whatever the AG there said before I make any comments.

The other thing is “age appropriate”, I don’t think there is anything not age appropriate being taught. One thing that I think might get taught at an early age is what is appropriate and inappropriate touching. That can help protect a child.

Well, I would wager it was being taught, there are videos on TikTok and other social media sites showing how proud these teachers are for going behind the backs of parents and introducing a very adult topic to 3-5-year-olds. If it didn't happen, there would be no need for this law, agree?

Well, I would wager it was being taught, there are videos on TikTok and other social media sites showing how proud these teachers are for going behind the backs of parents and introducing a very adult topic to 3-5-year-olds. If it didn't happen, there would be no need for this law, agree?
How many millions of teachers are there and many millions of schools? People are taking a few extreme examples and saying that is the norm. If that is enough to pass a law…how many laws can we pass based just on a few exceptions to the norm? This is largely not about kids, it is about politics and culture war.

Florida is one of the states with high rates of teen pregnancy and no mandated sex Ed in schools (5 of the 10 states with highest rates of teen pregnancy have no mandated sex-ed).

Texas is another state that is adopting (not this law, but these types of externally created laws). Up until this year, it required almost no teaching of sex education and when schools do they are heavily restricted in what they CAN teach. They must emphasize abstinence and are required to teach that “homosexual conduct” is not an acceptable lifestyle and a criminal offense as part of it. They are one of the states with the highest teen pregnancy rates. They finally changed that for middle schoolers this year. The fact is, they are often already exploring sex, and too many aren’t learning the rules, boundaries and responsibilities from their parents.

What is taught early is the beginning of an age appropriate topic of understanding of “consent”…that people don’t have the the right to touch parts body against your will, etc. Is that inappropriate?

leave family out of the discussion....last warning....then I pressure your removal from the board....
“ Curried Goats” has difficulty determining male vs female and believes if you feel there are differences you are bigoted.
He sees nothing wrong in teaching young elementary School kids about other life styles instead of waiting until the kids are older. Consider the source ☺️

“ Curried Goats” has difficulty determining male vs female and believes if you feel there are differences you are bigoted.
He sees nothing wrong in teaching young elementary School kids about other life styles instead of waiting until the kids are older. Consider the source ☺️
Yep...you know if our neighbors were to discuss such things with our kids it would be called a felony.....

(AP) — An LGBTQ advocacy group on Thursday sued Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to block a new law forbidding classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade.
The law has catapulted Florida and DeSantis, a potential 2024 Republican presidential candidate, to the forefront of the country's culture wars. Critics call it the “ Don't Say Gay ” law and argue that its true intent is to marginalize LGBTQ people and their families.
The challenge filed in federal court in Tallahassee by the National Center for Lesbian Rights on behalf of Equality Florida and Family Equality alleges the law violates the First Amendment and other provisions of the U.S. Constitution.
The law states: “Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.” Parents would be able to sue districts over violations.

Comment:
They aren't their kids.
Leave other people's kids alone.
Parents have the Right to protect their children from being brainwashed by extremist groups.

What a load of shit.

Even if you hold to the idea that Sodomy is a human right as the Supreme Court stupidly said, recruiting children into the Homo Lifestyle would seem a bridge too far even for leftards.

Forum List

Back