LGBT activist wants UK ban on the ‘power of prayer’

There is not enough information in the linked article to determine whether it means just praying for a person, who does not have to know that they are the subject of a prayer, or if it just bans as harassment some kind of theatrical production conducted when the person is present and has no idea of what is to come, which would be harassment. I suspect that this called-for ban is of the latter sort.
You mean like how militant atheists harass Christians in the Religion forum. :rolleyes:

Explain who "militant atheists" are. I don't think that atheists are likely to get involved in any squabble between Christian sects or Christians v. adherents of other religions. Atheists, agnostics, and free thinkers just want to be left alone. If a Christian wants to squabble with another Christian, or members of non-Christian faiths want to squabble with each other, there always is a third set of people who just want to say: "a pox on both your houses; leave us alone or I will smack your two heads together."
Militant atheists condemn respect for people of faith. Militant atheists want to subordinate religion.

Whoa! Which "people of faith"? Who are "militant atheists"? What is this "religion" that you think is being subordinated? I will address only Christians, with no disrespect meant toward other faiths and their adherents. I call your attention to Christian churches that welcome and affirm their LGBTQ faithful, and that also welcome and affirm people of the female sex. LGBTQs and women of the Christian faith are affirming the religion based on the life of Jesus.

There is not enough information in the linked article to determine whether it means just praying for a person, who does not have to know that they are the subject of a prayer, or if it just bans as harassment some kind of theatrical production conducted when the person is present and has no idea of what is to come, which would be harassment. I suspect that this called-for ban is of the latter sort.
You mean like how militant atheists harass Christians in the Religion forum. :rolleyes:

Explain who "militant atheists" are. I don't think that atheists are likely to get involved in any squabble between Christian sects or Christians v. adherents of other religions. Atheists, agnostics, and free thinkers just want to be left alone. If a Christian wants to squabble with another Christian, or members of non-Christian faiths want to squabble with each other, there always is a third set of people who just want to say: "a pox on both your houses; leave us alone or I will smack your two heads together."
Militant atheists condemn respect for people of faith. Militant atheists want to subordinate religion.

Whoa! Which "people of faith"? Who are "militant atheists"? What is this "religion" that you think is being subordinated? I will address only Christians, with no disrespect meant toward other faiths and their adherents. I call your attention to Christian churches that welcome and affirm their LGBTQ faithful, and that also welcome and affirm people of the female sex. LGBTQs and women of the Christian faith are affirming the religion based on the life of Jesus.
Ummmm.... anyone who tries to subordinate religion and condemns respect for people of faith.

Usually it is the dominant religion of the land so it depends but in this country it is Christianity which is being attacked.

Explain who "militant atheists" are. I don't think that atheists are likely to get involved in any squabble between Christian sects or Christians v. adherents of other religions. Atheists, agnostics, and free thinkers just want to be left alone. If a Christian wants to squabble with another Christian, or members of non-Christian faiths want to squabble with each other, there always is a third set of people who just want to say: "a pox on both your houses; leave us alone or I will smack your two headsh together."
ding is having his Eternal Damnation Scam torn apart like a two-dollar watch by a Christian Universalist. He is in denial, so needs to espouse that I'm a Militant Atheist, when in reality, I'm a Militant Universalist.

ding is a dictionary definition of baffoon. His profile picture of a jackass says it all.
You seem upset.

Your transference is useless too.
I'm pretty sure you being upset is self evident to everyone. :lol:

You're just another a barking dog that's been backed into a corner -
Or shall we say, a barking jackass.

Explain who "militant atheists" are. I don't think that atheists are likely to get involved in any squabble between Christian sects or Christians v. adherents of other religions. Atheists, agnostics, and free thinkers just want to be left alone. If a Christian wants to squabble with another Christian, or members of non-Christian faiths want to squabble with each other, there always is a third set of people who just want to say: "a pox on both your houses; leave us alone or I will smack your two headsh together."
ding is having his Eternal Damnation Scam torn apart like a two-dollar watch by a Christian Universalist. He is in denial, so needs to espouse that I'm a Militant Atheist, when in reality, I'm a Militant Universalist.

ding is a dictionary definition of baffoon. His profile picture of a jackass says it all.
You seem upset.

Your transference is useless too.
I'm pretty sure you being upset is self evident to everyone. :lol:

You're just another a barking dog that's been backed into a corner -
Or shall we say, a barking jackass.
Say whatever you like but you reveal yourself with every critical theory post you make.

Ummmm.... anyone who tries to subordinate religion and condemns respect for people of faith.

Usually it is the dominant religion of the land so it depends but in this country it is Christianity which is being attacked.

ding Dong does not know what "ALL THINGS" means in the Bible. Thus, his demonic and dead religion has gone up in black smoke, he needs to reframe things in his carnal monkey-mind.

ding needs to meet the real Jesus - the Universalist Jesus.

ding Dong does not know what "ALL THINGS" means in the Bible. Thus, his demonic and dead religion has gone up in black smoke, he needs to reframe things in his carnal monkey-mind.

ding needs to meet the real Jesus - the Universalist Jesus.
I always enjoy it when people who don't practice my faith try to tell me about my faith. :rolleyes:

I question your assertion that the religion of Christianity is being attacked.

I question your assertion that the religion of Christianity is being attacked.
Of course you do.

Forum List

Back