LeVar Burton wants you to read banned books

OK tell me what book have you ever been prevented from reading because it was banned.
And what exactly do you believe that would prove?

...the Bible was banned when Soviet officials decreed that libraries must “contain solely anti-religious books.” The Bible was not published again in the USSR until 1956.

And was continued to be read in secret.

And what exactly do you believe that would prove?

...the Bible was banned when Soviet officials decreed that libraries must “contain solely anti-religious books.” The Bible was not published again in the USSR until 1956.

And was continued to be read in secret.
We don't live in the USSR or didn't you know that?

We don't live in the USSR or didn't you know that?
And yet it perfectly proves my point that in theory banned books would not be read but in practice banned books are read secretly.

Your lack of logic on this simple concept is astounding. Even a small child can understand it.

And yet it perfectly proves my point that in theory banned books would not be read but in practice banned books are read secretly.

Your lack of logic on this simple concept is astounding. Even a small child can understand it.

Funny I've read all kinds of books that people claimed were "banned" anyone in this country can.

Seems like you are agreeing with me that banning books does not magically prevent people from reading them.
There are no banned books if anyone can read them and not be prosecuted for reading them.

That there are no banned books in this country

Is that a simple enough sentence for you to understand?
There are none that I am aware of. If there were it would violate the 1st Amendment. But if it ever did happen it would not prevent the books from being read.

There are none that I am aware of. If there were it would violate the 1st Amendment. But if it ever did happen it would not prevent the books from being read.
I guess you didn't realize the thread is actually about books people are saying are banned in this country huh?

I guess you didn't realize the thread is actually about books people are saying are banned in this country huh?
Yeah... I did understand that. My ONLY comment was about your ridiculous logic that "if books were actually banned no one could read them."

If books were actually banned no one could read them

Last edited:
There were books banned in Florida school libraries. That is factual.
Then they are not banned and can be obtained by adults

That means they are “banned” in the sense thet ordinary people understand the word

See link I provided.
I did and you are being disingenous

Those books are simply not provided to childten at government expense

But adults can buy them privately if they want to

They are not banned

Forum List

Back