Letting politics pass you by-

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
In the last 3 weeks, while my wife watched her 2 hours of national evening news, getting angry and depressed, I've chosen to refinish a small table, clean out the bedroom closets, do my yoga exercises, reorganize my drop files, make up 250 tactics cards from my chess magazines, donate 2 boxes of excess stuff to charity, and watch 12 movie reactions on you tube. Result: I wake up happier in the morning, knowing my life, health, and mental state are improved.

Letting politics pass you by - It's a good thing! :)

In the last 3 weeks, while my wife watched her 2 hours of national evening news, getting angry and depressed, I've chosen to refinish a small table, clean out the bedroom closets, do my yoga exercises, reorganize my drop files, make up 250 tactics cards from my chess magazines, donate 2 boxes of excess stuff to charity, and watch 12 movie reactions on you tube. Result: I wake up happier in the morning, knowing my life, health, and mental state are improved.

I get where you are coming from and wish I could fully agree. Back in the spring I started a small fishing guide business after promising myself I'd ignore politics at large and throw all of my efforts into building the business and living. And then a combination of political events directly derailed my plans. The state in which we live attempted to extort us for never ending payments—a prerequisite for running the business in their territory. COVID returned with the delta variant and our state and local governments scared the living daylights out of many prospective clients with COVID propaganda. Our family divided itself between those who took the COVID jabs and those who would not. To make a long story short, I tried to separate myself from politics, and succeeded for a few months and then politics ran me down and fucked up important parts of my life. From now on and for the foreseeable future, I will keep my nose to the wind and closely monitor politics at all levels, all the time.

Time to shut down the forum!!! :eek:

Unless politics is what interests you.

I get where you are coming from and wish I could fully agree. Back in the spring I started a small fishing guide business after promising myself I'd ignore politics at large and throw all of my efforts into building the business and living. And then a combination of political events directly derailed my plans. The state in which we live attempted to extort us for never ending payments—a prerequisite for running the business in their territory. COVID returned with the delta variant and our state and local governments scared the living daylights out of many prospective clients with COVID propaganda. Our family divided itself between those who took the COVID jabs and those who would not. To make a long story short, I tried to separate myself from politics, and succeeded for a few months and then politics ran me down and fucked up important parts of my life. From now on and for the foreseeable future, I will keep my nose to the wind and closely monitor politics at all levels, all the time.
And what does closely monitoring politics accomplish besides frustrating you and dividing you from family and friends?

Nonsense!

Turn back on CNN and Fox News and take it like a man!

Mwhahahahaha!!

And what does closely monitoring politics accomplish besides frustrating you and dividing you from family and friends?
Ignorance is bliss, and God knows those in politics are all ignorant, so why don't they seem blissful?

Very confusing.

I learned a long time ago that in the end politics doesn't really matter. As long as corporations have their cheap labor(also $15 per hour workers), the nation will simply forge forward. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer, as it has always been. And people will wave their flags on July 4th and the two sides will scream at each other while the rich laugh all the way to the bank. Some over the top wacko freaks will believe they have to save the country and it goes on and on and on like a nightmare. Same old stuff since forever. It's the same stuff rebranded.

I get out to our 600 acre farm weekly. I spend time outdoors trimming trees, fixing fences, bush hogging grass, and deer hunting. I also work on my cars quite a bit. The truth is that bitching on here wont change anything. Paying attention to politics wont change anything. Those in power are going to play the game and do what they do. Spend less time on your computer and more time LIVING. You will be glad you did.

I learned a long time ago that in the end politics doesn't really matter. As long as corporations have their cheap labor(also $15 per hour workers), the nation will simply forge forward. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer, as it has always been. And people will wave their flags on July 4th and the two sides will scream at each other while the rich laugh all the way to the bank. Some over the top wacko freaks will believe they have to save the country and it goes on and on and on like a nightmare. Same old stuff since forever. It's the same stuff rebranded.
So, a serious question. What prevents you from becoming rich?

I get out to our 600 acre farm weekly. I spend time outdoors trimming trees, fixing fences, bush hogging grass, and deer hunting. I also work on my cars quite a bit. The truth is that bitching on here wont change anything. Paying attention to politics wont change anything. Those in power are going to play the game and do what they do. Spend less time on your computer and more time LIVING. You will be glad you did.
Ok, we‘ll miss you…

Why do I need to become rich? I simply state the truth, the facts. I'm not saying it's good or bad, simply the way it is. It simply is what it is.

Why do I need to become rich? I simply state the truth, the facts. I'm not saying it's good or bad, simply the way it is. It simply is what it is.
Truth and facts eh? Well, I saw nothing to back up your claims that the evil corporations are holding you down….

I haven't watched the news is in about 5 or 6 years.
It is the worst method there is in learning about what is going on

I haven't watched the news is in about 5 or 6 years.
It is the worst method there is in learning about what is going on
Exactly. The msm is nothing but propaganda. If you want the truth about politics in this country, the last place you go is the msm. Secondarily, the assholes in charge have made damn near everything political.

Unfortunately millions of Americans still haven’t figured this out, even though it’s transparently evident.

Exactly. The msm is nothing but propaganda. If you want the truth about politics in this country, the last place you go is the msm. Secondarily, the assholes in charge have made damn near everything political.

Unfortunately millions of Americans still haven’t figured this out, even though it’s transparently evident.
So, where do you get your news?

I'm retired. I've been alive a long time. I've summed up perfectly what happens. It's neither bad nor good. It's simply the way things work. Letting ones political views cloud and enter into every thought is misguided and incredibly short sighted. The only difference now is the the noise makers have more platforms out there to spill out their filth.

I'm retired. I've been alive a long time. I've summed up perfectly what happens. It's neither bad nor good. It's simply the way things work. Letting ones political views cloud and enter into every thought is misguided and incredibly short sighted. The only difference now is the the noise makers have more platforms out there to spill out their filth.
So, the truth is that these are your opinions…nothing more, not fact.

bill718
I agree. You should convince your wife to keep the news off. Hell she would get better news on this board than on TV. LOL

Forum List

Back