#LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

You can also go back and look at the Kennedy tax cuts in 1960 and you'll also find it increased tax revenues. Also, when Clinton cut capital gains taxes.... increased tax revenues. CUTTING taxes increases tax revenues. Raising taxes generally results in lesser taxes being paid... anytime you tax something you get less of it.

No they didn't, after Kennedy's tax cuts. No one has ever shown cause and effect.

Clinton raised taxes in 1993. Prosperity AND deficit reduction followed.

Cutting taxes to raise revenues is a scam. It's like a fad diet that claims you can eat anything you want and still lose weight.

No they didn't, after Kennedy's tax cuts. No one has ever shown cause and effect.

Cutting taxes to raise revenues is a scam. It's like a fad diet that claims you can eat anything you want and still lose weight.

Clinton also came back and lowered taxes in 1996.

Again... Deficits and surpluses have nothing to do with tax revenues.

Go look it up...
Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

1980-1988... The Reagan Years. Federal receipts.... 75% increase.

It's right there in black and white.

Again, you are moving the goal posts. You're making a correlation between tax rates and "prosperity and deficit reduction" which have nothing to do with tax revenues from the tax rates. All kinds of things go into the economy and deficit/surplus regarding budgets. We're talking specifically about the tax rates and the collected tax revenues from those tax rates.

Every time in modern history, and you can go all the way back to Coolidge... when we reduce the top marginal tax rates we realize an increase in tax revenue. That is a FACT. It's an indisputable FACT. That's why you are forced to change topics and talk about debts and deficits instead of the tax revenues.

You can fool really stupid people with this, you aren't fooling ME!

How many threads will there be on this fake news?

The cuts won't have much of an affect on Meals on Wheels. Are you libs really that stupid or are you just running with whatever the fake news channels offer up each day?

We just want to get every RWnut on USMB on record as being anti-Meals on Wheels.
Of course you do! That's the way poor, ignorant emotionally immature people like yourselves react!
You respond to emotion and not the facts.
In the vein of personal anecdotal efforts, I know a lady who is retired. Lives in a retired community. Uses meals on wheels.
The sad part is she has 3 grown sons.
1) a orthopedic surgeon that makes over $3 million a year..
2) a lawyer son that makes over $1 million a year and has 3 homes !
Yet their Mom is on Meals on Wheels.
Oh and by the way the lawyer is a staunch very staunch Obama supporter and Democrat! Sad...
So where are they in supporting their mother?

Both could well afford paying thousands per month in family support and take tax deductions and as a result no need for her to be on Meals On Wheels.

But again... anecdotal not the rule!

Clinton also came back and lowered taxes in 1996.

Again... Deficits and surpluses have nothing to do with tax revenues.

Go look it up...
Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

1980-1988... The Reagan Years. Federal receipts.... 75% increase.

It's right there in black and white.

Reagan gave us the triple digit peacetime deficit. That's where much of the tax revenue came from, borrowing hundreds of billions and putting that money into the economy.

Anyone can stimulate the economy with that big a credit card.

Again, you are moving the goal posts. You're making a correlation between tax rates and "prosperity and deficit reduction" which have nothing to do with tax revenues from the tax rates.!

You're the one who attempted the direct correlation between lowering taxes and raising revenues.

The cuts won't have much of an affect on Meals on Wheels. Are you libs really that stupid or are you just running with whatever the fake news channels offer up each day?
So now Military Times is "fake news"????
Speaking of stupid, Military times is not a "channel" as you ignorantly stated and the "not much" affect that you stupidly try to pretend won't hurt the elderly will number in the thousands...
Yeah, you voted for trump, as your post proves, you are that stupid.

We just want to get every RWnut on USMB on record as being anti-Meals on Wheels.
Of course you do! That's the way poor, ignorant emotionally immature people like yourselves react!
In the vein of personal anecdotal efforts, I know a lady who is retired. Lives in a retired community. Uses meals on wheels.
Oh and by the way the lawyer is a staunch very staunch Obama supporter and Democrat! Sad...

Both could well afford paying thousands per month in family support and take tax deductions and as a result no need for her to be on Meals On Wheels.

You people are truly ghouls. Every post you put up proves it.

Ask yourself this simple question...is there anything that he can do that would make these ignorant serfs get off their knees and say that he is wrong about anything...

Last edited:

How is my post "ghoulish"? I'm not the one that wants YOUR tax dollars to take care of my friend's millionaire SONS responsibilities! Naturally the Democrat son
believes like you! The other son is apolitical. So consequently how does anything I wrote above have any semblance to "ghouls"? What you are doing though
is totally exemplifying the lack of intelligent discussion. You have ONLY name calling to resort to and that is typical immature behavior!

Again, you are moving the goal posts. You're making a correlation between tax rates and "prosperity and deficit reduction" which have nothing to do with tax revenues from the tax rates. All kinds of things go into the economy and deficit/surplus regarding budgets. We're talking specifically about the tax rates and the collected tax revenues from those tax rates.

Every time in modern history, and you can go all the way back to Coolidge... when we reduce the top marginal tax rates we realize an increase in tax revenue. That is a FACT. It's an indisputable FACT. That's why you are forced to change topics and talk about debts and deficits instead of the tax revenues.

Clinton then proved that when you RAISE the top marginal tax rate you increase revenues.

LBJ got a big increase in revenues by putting a TAX SURCHARGE on the income tax to pay for the Vietnam War.

The top rate cut from GW Bush tax cuts was allowed to expire in 2014, meaning the rate went up,

and we've had increased revenues every year since.

How is my post "ghoulish"? I'm not the one that wants YOUR tax dollars to take care of my friend's millionaire SONS responsibilities! Naturally the Democrat son
believes like you! The other son is apolitical. So consequently how does anything I wrote above have any semblance to "ghouls"? What you are doing though
is totally exemplifying the lack of intelligent discussion. You have ONLY name calling to resort to and that is typical immature behavior!

Like I said, I just want to get all of you RWnuts on record as opposing Meals on Wheels, while supporting massive tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.

Ask yourself this simple question...is there anything that he can do that would make this ignorant serfs get off their knees and say that he is wrong about anything...

OH believe me as a Trump supporter since his announcement in 2016 I have one MAJOR disagreement with Trump and that is about GWB and the Liberation of Iraq!
Both Trump and people like you are very ignorant about the 3.6 million children's lives that GWB saved. Ignorant about the avoidance of a massive ecological environment that the Liberation of Iraq prevented that even Scott Pelley of CBS news called a form of WMD!
So yes I do disagree with Trump about that.

The deranged are still pretending that meals on wheels is going to be cut. This is why liberals have no credibility left.

Clinton then proved that when you RAISE the top marginal tax rate you increase revenues.

LBJ got a big increase in revenues by putting a TAX SURCHARGE on the income tax to pay for the Vietnam War.

The top rate cut from GW Bush tax cuts was allowed to expire in 2014, meaning the rate went up,

BUT REVENUES DID INCREASE under GWB with the TAX cuts and you can't ignore these FACTS!
AND PLEASE tell me where Budget deficits declined EVEN with more tax revenue under Obama?
AND remember TARP made up the BIG chunk of deficit from GWB...BUT and you uninformed people never understood this:
TARP has been paid back under Obama with a profit of $72 billion and Obama STILL had tremendous deficits having added in spite of TARP pay back
over $9 trillion to the national debt!
Also remember Obama holds the dubious distinction of having the LOWEST percent of growth of the Gross Domestic Product of ANY president!
Obama May Become First President Since Hoover Not to See 3% GDP Growth
President Barack Obama may become the first president since Herbert Hoover not to serve during a year in which the growth in real GDP was at least 3 percent.
Obama May Become First President Since Hoover Not to See 3% GDP Growth
Wonder why???
Because Obama wanted 1,400 companies to go out of business thus reducing tax revenues by $100 billion a year!
Obama wanted utility companies to go bankrupt and gas prices to climb. Obama wanted the USA to be energy DEPENDENT on foreign oil.
All documented statements from Obama that the GDP might have grown more under Obama if he were less anti-business!

Bush_Obamabudgets.png

Like I said, I just want to get all of you RWnuts on record as opposing Meals on Wheels, while supporting massive tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.

The problem is...listen carefully....Meals On Wheels isn't going to be done away with. But keep on believing that to further your lame agenda

Then why did Clinton say this and after he said it CLINTON LOWERED TAXES!!!

"It might surprise you to know that I think I raised them too much, too."
However, with his masterful 1995 flip-flop on taxes, President Clinton took the first step toward a successful campaign for re-election and a shift in policy that produced the economic boom that occurred during his second term.

• Welfare reform, which he signed in the summer of 1996, led to a massive reduction in the effective tax rates on the poor by ameliorating the rapid phase out of benefits associated with going to work.
  • The phased reduction in tariff and non-tariff barriers between the U.S., Mexico and Canada under the North American Free Trade Agreement continued, leading to increased trade.
  • In 1997, Clinton signed a reduction in the (audible liberal gasp) capital gains tax rate to 20% from 28%.
  • The 1997 tax cuts also included a phased in increase in the death tax exemption to $1 million from $600,000, and established Roth IRAs and increased the limits for deductible IRAs.
  • Annual growth in federal spending was kept to below 3%, or $57 billion.
  • The Clinton Administration also maintained its policy of a strong and stable dollar. Over his entire second term, consumer price inflation averaged only 2.4% a year.
The boom was on. Between the end of 1996 and the end of 2000:
  • Economic growth accelerated a full percentage point to 4.2% a year.
  • Employment growth nudged higher, to 2.1 million jobs per year as the unemployment rate fell to 4.0% from 5.4%.
  • As the tax rate on capital gains came down, real wages made their biggest advance since the implementation of the Reagan tax rate reductions in the mid 1980s. Real average hourly earnings were (in 1982 dollars) $7.43 in 1996, $7.55 in 1997, $7.75 in 1998, $7.86 in 1999, and $7.89 in 2000.
  • Millions of Americans shared in the prosperity as the value of their 401(k)s climbed along with the stock market, which saw the price of the S&P 500 index rise 78%.
  • Revenue growth accelerated an astounding 59%, increasing on average $143 billion a year. Combined with continued restraint on government spending, that produced a $198 billion budget surplus in 2000.
The Dangerous Myth About The Bill Clinton Tax Increase

H-rump - why does Trump want to punish the people who sacrificed/paid their dues/did their part, to make America great

Because he's an elitist privileged dickbag who's had everything just handed to him for nothing all his life and has never had to work for jack squat. Therefore the concept of actually working for or struggling for something is a complete blank to him. He's never even held a job before. Never had to assume responsibility for anything, and when it would be proper to do so he bails out.
/---- You mean like the Kennedy boys you idolize? You mean like that?

The problem is...listen carefully....Meals On Wheels isn't going to be done away with. But keep on believing that to further your lame agenda

But conservatives believe it should be done away with because it's SOCIALISM.

That's the main point here.

Then why did Clinton say this and after he said it CLINTON LOWERED TAXES!!!

"It might surprise you to know that I think I raised them too much, too."
However, with his masterful 1995 flip-flop on taxes, President Clinton took the first step toward a successful campaign for re-election and a shift in policy that produced the economic boom that occurred during his second term.

• Welfare reform, which he signed in the summer of 1996, led to a massive reduction in the effective tax rates on the poor by ameliorating the rapid phase out of benefits associated with going to work.
  • The phased reduction in tariff and non-tariff barriers between the U.S., Mexico and Canada under the North American Free Trade Agreement continued, leading to increased trade.
  • In 1997, Clinton signed a reduction in the (audible liberal gasp) capital gains tax rate to 20% from 28%.
  • The 1997 tax cuts also included a phased in increase in the death tax exemption to $1 million from $600,000, and established Roth IRAs and increased the limits for deductible IRAs.
  • Annual growth in federal spending was kept to below 3%, or $57 billion.
  • The Clinton Administration also maintained its policy of a strong and stable dollar. Over his entire second term, consumer price inflation averaged only 2.4% a year.
The boom was on. Between the end of 1996 and the end of 2000:
  • Economic growth accelerated a full percentage point to 4.2% a year.
  • Employment growth nudged higher, to 2.1 million jobs per year as the unemployment rate fell to 4.0% from 5.4%.
  • As the tax rate on capital gains came down, real wages made their biggest advance since the implementation of the Reagan tax rate reductions in the mid 1980s. Real average hourly earnings were (in 1982 dollars) $7.43 in 1996, $7.55 in 1997, $7.75 in 1998, $7.86 in 1999, and $7.89 in 2000.
  • Millions of Americans shared in the prosperity as the value of their 401(k)s climbed along with the stock market, which saw the price of the S&P 500 index rise 78%.
  • Revenue growth accelerated an astounding 59%, increasing on average $143 billion a year. Combined with continued restraint on government spending, that produced a $198 billion budget surplus in 2000.
The Dangerous Myth About The Bill Clinton Tax Increase

LOL, so which is it?

Clinton gets credit for the economic boom of the late nineties,

or Clinton gets no credit because that 'boom' was just the infamous dot com bubble.

Which of those RW'er stories are we supposed to believe?

Forum List

Back