Letter to elon musk..

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
Normally I rarely travel Beyond politics conspiracy theories and Wackoville, however i have this, stuck in my gill.

How many cars in America sit in the sun all day long...
Solar panel bodies.

Here's another idea, build solar gathers converters right into the top of the battery..

Finally,
when traffic occurs bumper to bumper a one-wheel Drive Unit drops out of the trunk
or bumper attachment.

software interfaces with auto pilot..

Time to work, make calls, order a pizza...

No driving, no emmisions, no noise...

No shit..

thoughts ?

Normally I rarely travel Beyond politics conspiracy theories and Wackoville, however i have this, stuck in my gill.

Solar panel bodies.

Here's another idea, build solar gathers converters right into the top of the battery..

Finally,
when traffic occurs bumper to bumper a one-wheel Drive Unit drops out of the trunk
or bumper attachment.

No shit..

thoughts ?

PV panels need to be pointed at the sun. They have very tiny efficiencies pointing in odd directions. Which is why when you see those "electric car competitions" for long range endurance -- all the panels are mounted on top.

Even pointing straight up -- the position of the sun in different seasons would cause 50% or more loss in charging ability.

And any small amount of dirt on them will also cut efficiency. With so little room to work with -- efficiency really matters.

• Banned
PV panels need to be pointed at the sun. They have very tiny efficiencies pointing in odd directions. Which is why when you see those "electric car competitions" for long range endurance -- all the panels are mounted on top.

Even pointing straight up -- the position of the sun in different seasons would cause 50% or more loss in charging ability.

And any small amount of dirt on them will also cut efficiency. With so little room to work with -- efficiency really matters.
Thanks for the reply..

Wrap panels various directions

The technology solar is like moore's..

People have the misunderstanding that if it's cloudy you cannot gather and store energy from the Sun, nothing could be farther from the truth
think of cars as being giant golf carts
Cart has a roof over it that could be a solar panel,
park it in the sun it charges up this IS rocket science...
from the fifties
People have this idea that electric cars are so great because all you have to do is plug them in I think they forget that the wall socket has a source it doesn't just magically appear in your house so between the cost of building the car charging the car it just seems a lot simpler to park cars in the sun I've been saying this for 25 years

People have the misunderstanding that if it's cloudy you cannot gather and store energy from the Sun, nothing could be farther from the truth

Sorry man -- it's the truth. Even light layers of clouds will reduce solar output by 30 to 40%. And placing them in "random directions" is futile. You're paying a premium by the Kilowatt for the panels and only getting a few 100 watts.

Go look at the difference just for seasonal SUN ANGLE on home installed solar. This is why you do not SEE MASSIVE home solar build-ins in the north or where there is much precip or cloudy days.

Thanks for the reply..

Wrap panels various directions

The technology solar is like moore's..

think of cars as being giant golf carts
Cart has a roof over it that could be a solar panel,
park it in the sun it charges up this IS rocket science...
from the fifties
People have this idea that electric cars are so great because all you have to do is plug them in I think they forget that the wall socket has a source it doesn't just magically appear in your house so between the cost of building the car charging the car it just seems a lot simpler to park cars in the sun I've been saying this for 25 years

If you can buy EXTRA CARTS for when the sun dont shine for a couple days and have them in reserve -- this is GREAT. How many hours to charge them? Area has to be clear of trees and buildings.

Solar panel bodies.

Finally,
or bumper attachment.

No shit..

thoughts ?
Pandemics Can Only Spread In What Nature-Worship Calls "Clean Air"

Auto emissions are neutral byproducts that can be harmful, harmless, or even beneficial. "Pollution" is a dishonest and biased term taken from a mindless pagan superstition.

That said, I like your co-generation ideas. Too bad you don't apply your mind to expanding the productivity of real science instead of backing up GreenHead power-freak fantasies.

• Banned
Pandemics Can Only Spread In What Nature-Worship Calls "Clean Air"

Auto emissions are neutral byproducts that can be harmful, harmless, or even beneficial. "Pollution" is a dishonest and biased term taken from a mindless pagan superstition.

That said, I like your co-generation ideas. Too bad you don't apply your mind to expanding the productivity of real science instead of backing up GreenHead power-freak fantasies.
I can do both, for the record, no one thinks global warming is a hoax more than i.
I'm way against the soylent green new deal.
It's merely child politics.

• Banned
If you can buy EXTRA CARTS for when the sun dont shine for a couple days and have them in reserve -- this is GREAT. How many hours to charge them? Area has to be clear of trees and buildings.
many parking lots are free of trees. as for gathering, anything is a plus gain. The entropy, and diminishing return on cost efficiency curve, is flattening.

passive or otherwise.

but i need to do trials with the golf cart first... i'm in forida for the winter study.

Last edited:
Sorry man -- it's the truth. Even light layers of clouds will reduce solar output by 30 to 40%. And placing them in "random directions" is futile. You're paying a premium by the Kilowatt for the panels and only getting a few 100 watts.

Go look at the difference just for seasonal SUN ANGLE on home installed solar. This is why you do not SEE MASSIVE home solar build-ins in the north or where there is much precip or cloudy days.
LOL. A solar ex-spurt !
Panels charge better when their is light cover than they do in full sun.
I read that....on the boxes my 14 panels came in

flacaltenn u
LOL. A solar ex-spurt !

actually the controller charges the batteries... the panel gathers..

The technology discussion belongs to the ages... 😊

I can do both, for the record, no one thinks global warming is a hoax more than i.
I'm way against the soylent green new deal.
It's merely child politics.
Green Represents the Color of Their Daddies' Money

Richboy politics. The Preppy Progressives and Trustfundie Treehuggers never allow revelations about who they really are. But the upper-class's restrictions on economic growth fit in with the fact that uninhibited development of resources has been historically the only thing that creates class mobility, which scares the hell out of the Affluenzists. That rise of the plebeians is, in a nutshell, the story of America, which has lost its way.

LOL. A solar ex-spurt !

I'm SURE it would easy for you to produce that user manual -- RIGHT?

Maybe "your panels" are for charging a radio or just a survival kit. Because they have cheap charging circuitry. It's PHYSICS dude. Dont fuck with physics.

Solar panel bodies.

Finally,
or bumper attachment.

We need your help

No shit..

thoughts ?
I'll be in DC for the next two weeks give me a call we need all the help we can get

Forum List

Back