Lets review the “case” the DA has on Trump. Statutes and violatons

Trump banged Stormy Daniels.

In 2016, Trump paid SD $130k to not speak about the affair.

Trump paid $130k to his attorney, Michael Cohen, who in turn gave the money to SD.

The transaction was recorded in the books as “legal expenses”.

The Manhattan DA‘s case is based on New York penal law 175.05. That is a statute makes it a crime to enter a false entry in the business records of an enterprise…a 2nd degree misdemeanor.

It basically means do not keep false books. This HAS A 2YEAR STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS.

DA cannot charge Trump with this, as the incident occured in 2016.

So, there is New York penal law 175.10…….a felony….if the intent to defraud by the false entry was in the commission of a crime.

The DA is trying to say it is a campaign finance law violation to pay hush money to someone.

Mueller already looked at this and decided it was NOT.

This case is bullshit.
This pretty much sums it up....

So it looks flimsy as fuck.

But hey, we are not talking about Biden and China.

For example?
Stop being so dishonest. And get yourself on topic.

The topic is the suspected “case” Bragg is probably cobbling together to charge Trump with a crime.

I’ll assist you in your effort to be topical. Maybe you can share (as just the first step) how paying Stormy anything to stfu constitutes a crime.

Or, perhaps, you don’t claim that was a crime? Ok. If that’s your position, then what do you suspect the “crime” might be. Surely Bragg has had a “theory of the crime.” So, since the grand jury process is legally secret, you are feee to speculate a bit. What would the “crime” be?

The topic is the suspected “case” Bragg is probably cobbling together to charge Trump with a crime.

I’ll assist you in your effort to be topical. Maybe you can share (as just the first step) how paying Stormy anything to stfu constitutes a crime.

Or, perhaps, you don’t claim that was a crime? Ok. If that’s your position, then what do you suspect the “crime” might be. Surely Bragg has had a “theory of the crime.” So, since the grand jury process is legally secret, you are feee to speculate a bit. What would the “crime” be?
You have me at a disadvantage. Unlike most people on this site, I am merely an electrical worker, not a lawyer.

I did look it up though and this paragraph seems to sum it up pretty good.

"According to Mark Pomerantz, a former prosecutor who worked closely on the case and recently published a book about his experience, Cohen submitted phony invoices throughout 2017 referencing a “retainer agreement” and requesting payment. Then Cohen received a series of checks, hand-signed by Trump while he was in the White House. The legal problem is there was no retainer agreement — according to Pomerantz, it was all done to cover up the hush money scheme. The fake documentation of “legal expenses” on the Trump Organization’s books could trigger a charge under New York state law, which makes falsifying business records a crime."

A quick question. Do you know why Jim Jordan would want access to all the evidence and an interview with Bragg?

So what? Let's do this. Toss out the Daniel's case & throw the book at him in Georgia, the documents case, the J6 coup attempt & tax evasion in N.Y. Your boy will never see the light of day again which is what the bastard deserves.

You have me at a disadvantage. Unlike most people on this site, I am merely an electrical worker, not a lawyer.

I did look it up though and this paragraph seems to sum it up pretty good.

"According to Mark Pomerantz, a former prosecutor who worked closely on the case and recently published a book about his experience, Cohen submitted phony invoices throughout 2017 referencing a “retainer agreement” and requesting payment.
Cohen is already a convicted felon. You’re free to accept his word if you’re so inclined. I wouldn’t trust him with a piece of rotting lettuce.
Then Cohen received a series of checks, hand-signed by Trump while he was in the White House.
Trump was allowed to pay invoices for service rendered by a lawyer. And even if it was actually for a repayment of an amount Cohen spent to pay for Stormy’s non disclosure agreement, so what? Trump was allowed to repay the scumbag, Cohen.
The legal problem is there was no retainer agreement — according to Pomerantz,
Irrelevant. I don’t care what the former prosecutor said. And who says Trump had to have a retainer agreement with the now disbarred lawyer. Nowadays in NY for cases involving retainers, those retainer agreements have to be reported. I’m not sure they were back then. (Plus, that’s on the lawyer anyway. Clients don’t file retainer agreements with their lawyers).
it was all done to cover up the hush money scheme.
No not was done to pay for a Non disclosure agreement. So what? That’s legal.
The fake documentation of “legal expenses” on the Trump Organization’s books could trigger a charge under New York state law, which makes falsifying business records a crime."
By stretching the law like a piece of silly putty, maybe. But in the real world, it doesn’t qualify because it is still recorded and reports an expenditure.

A quick question. Do you know why Jim Jordan would want access to all the evidence and an interview with Bragg?
I’m not sure that Congress has any valid claim to a local prosecutor’s internal legal records. But I assume Jordan wants to obtain evidence that this move by Bragg was a a political matter and not a valid legal matter.

Putting the typical left and right talking points aside and going by the information available and the views of those who have far more experience in legal matters than probably anyone here this look’s emphasis on looks like a very weak case.

So what? Let's do this. Toss out the Daniel's case & throw the book at him in Georgia,
The Ga case is bullshit.
the documents case,
More bullshit.
the J6 coup attempt
Nonsensical claim with zero validity.
& tax evasion in N.Y.
No such case.
Your boy will never see the light of day again which is what the bastard deserves.
President Trump’s only problems are a diseased and corrupted political effort to “get” him and, of course, the probability of getting tried by partisan liberals.

The Ga case is bullshit.

More bullshit.

Nonsensical claim with zero validity.

No such case.

President Trump’s only problems are a diseased and corrupted political effort to “get” him and, of course, the probability of getting tried by partisan liberals.
A first year law student could put Trump away for the rest of his life with the mountain of evidence against him. The only reason he's been walking on his crimes is because he was a fake potus for four fucking miserable years.

The same justice system that that mother rants against is the one that has kept his stupid ass out of prison all these years. That's how much of a miserable fucking retard he is.

Forum List

Back