Lets review the “case” the DA has on Trump. Statutes and violatons

It is important for everyone to read this and know the basis for the hoopla.

I do not know if the Pfizer media is covering this.

And years after the statute of limitations run out.
How much time did trump spend in New York in the last 6 years?

"In calculating the time limitation applicable to commencement of a
criminal action, the following periods shall not be included:

(a) Any period following the commission of the offense during which
(i) the defendant was continuously outside this state or (ii) the
whereabouts of the defendant were continuously unknown and continuously
unascertainable by the exercise of reasonable diligence. However, in no
event shall the period of limitation be extended by more than five years
beyond the period otherwise applicable under subdivision two."

For an unbiased jury, this is a joke. The DA is banking on an anti Trump jury.

No. What we are to believe is we don't have access to all the testimony or evidence.
But the Southern District of NY and the FEC had access to that information, correct? And they found there was no reason to charge Trump with a crime at the time of their individual investigations. So barring new information why would you charge him now?

But the Southern District of NY and the FEC had access to that information, correct? And they found there was no reason to charge Trump with a crime at the time of their individual investigations. So barring new information why would you charge him now?
We shall see.

It’s political AF.

Biden China connection has crazy momentum.

This is a distraction.

Trump banged Stormy Daniels.

In 2016, Trump paid SD $130k to not speak about the affair.

Trump paid $130k to his attorney, Michael Cohen, who in turn gave the money to SD.

The transaction was recorded in the books as “legal expenses”.

The Manhattan DA‘s case is based on New York penal law 175.05. That is a statute makes it a crime to enter a false entry in the business records of an enterprise…a 2nd degree misdemeanor.

It basically means do not keep false books. This HAS A 2YEAR STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS.

DA cannot charge Trump with this, as the incident occured in 2016.

So, there is New York penal law 175.10…….a felony….if the intent to defraud by the false entry was in the commission of a crime.

The DA is trying to say it is a campaign finance law violation to pay hush money to someone.

Mueller already looked at this and decided it was NOT.

This case is bullshit.
I basically agree. However, my understanding is that the scumbag (now convicted felon) lawyer paid the money to Stormy. Then Trump repaid the lawyer.

Again, though, since it wasn’t illegal to pay Stormy to stfu via an NDA, it certainly wasn’t illegal to repay the lawyer who fronted that money.

Although the statute of limitations for a felony is usually five years, there is a legal question about whether it has expired due to a couple of points. One: there is a legitimate tolling provision for a defendant who has lived outside the State. The issue there is whether it applies. I maintain that it doesn’t apply. Second: the ex-Governor issued some executive orders which purportedly tolled the statute of limitations. It’s not at all clear that it works in this case. But, alone, it doesn’t extend the statute of limitations long enough anyway.

Last edited:
We shall see.

What we will more than likely see is this is a political stunt. Nothing more. This DA ran on putting Trump in jail and this is the best he could come up with. I'm betting his constituents are going to be disappointed. If I were them, I'd be upset with the amount of time and resources he's likely spent investigating something that was already investigated multiple times by multiple different entities including an independent counsel who all ultimately decided there was nothing there.

What we will more than likely see is this is a political stunt. Nothing more. This DA ran on putting Trump in jail and this is the best he could come up with. I'm betting his constituents are going to be disappointed. If I were them, I'd be upset with the amount of time and resources he's likely spent investigating something that was already investigated multiple times by multiple different entities including an independent counsel who all ultimately decided there was nothing there.
Yeah, I know what trumpers think they will see. When they don't see it they will say it's because of the deep state.

This isn't my first day.

Liberals/Democrats are petrified with fear that Trump is going to be the 2024 Republican candidate for president.
And are desperate to find, or even invent, a felony crime they can convict Trump with.
Thus baring his eligibility to be the president.

Exhibit A: You have no idea what they have on Trump.
Exhibit A: after the longest, most disgusting smear campaign in History of man, they and obviously you have nothing, it's all about the appearance being bad, the seriousness of the charge. The deep states fear of Trump is palpable, so kindly take a long, rapid walk off a short pier you collaborator.

She has since denied the affair ever happened.

Today there will be a new witness on behalf of Trump:

If I were a betting man, I'd go with it did happen. Paying (or having someone else pay) hush money for something that didn't happen doesn't make a lot of sense.

Yeah, I know what trumpers think they will see. When they don't see it they will say it's because of the deep state.

This isn't my first day.

This has nothing to do with being a "Trumper" or not. It's just a logical conclusion. I know you WANT him to be guilty and go to jail because he's such an evil, bad, orange man, but it makes no logical sense that the Southern District of NY, the FEC and the Mueller investigation all investigated this and came up with no crimes to charge Trump with missed what this guy who campaigned on putting Trump in jail found. It's far more likely that this guy needs to charge him with something and wants it to be squashed so he can say the powers that be kept him from getting Trump. I saw that Jim Jordan is calling him in front of Congress. That was a stupid political move IMO. If Trump isn't guilty (which I assume he isn't or he'd have been charged already by the other 3 entities that investigated this) then the best thing that can happen for Trump is this fool in Manhattan actually indicts and arrests him and he is then forced to defend that arrest in court.

Forum List

Back