Lego Grand Carousel

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I just finished building the Lego Grand Carousel. It was fun. Kit had 3,263 pieces and I had no left over pieces when I finished putting it together! It's pretty cool. It goes around, plays music, and the horses go up and down. It was fun to build and the directions were easy to follow. Next time one of the grandkids shows up, he or she, gets to carry it home.

Next Lego project will be to put together Lego's greatest challenge - The Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon. It has over 6,000 parts and is sitting in the corner calling out my name to get started tomorrow.

count-dracula-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture1578-ptru1-5758610reg-1.jpg

Last edited:
wow that is impressive!!!! do you know what makes it a carosel vs a merry go round?

Nope. I remember riding on them when I was a kid and trying to grap the brass rings. If you got a brass ring, you got a free ride. Don't know the difference in the two though. Just a choice of words isn't it?

I've got a bet going with the wife to see just which grandkid gets up here to lay claim to it. None of them know I've built it so whoever gets it will have the surprise of their life.

o now i wondered what you would do with it....the baby girl should get that...the older boy should be the falcon...

merry go round only has horses....carosel..has different animals....a bit of trivia lol

o now i wondered what you would do with it....the baby girl should get that...the older boy should be the falcon...

merry go round only has horses....carosel..has different animals....a bit of trivia lol

Just goes to show that you really do learn something new every day...

Count ... you never cease to amaze me! A grown man still playing with LEGOS! I love it!

To say my son is a LEGO maniac would be an understatement. He lives and breathes LEGO. Just about every evening, he shows me his latest creation, whether big or small. He has a city ( the size of two tables put together ) set up downstairs in our playroom. The detail is amazing! He's been making his own movies as well. He's still new at it, but with more practice he'll be great! LEGOS can be found in just about every room in my house. Though it bothers me sometimes, I know there will come a time when I wish I could step on just one little piece. Well no ... not really. It hurts like hell when you step on one. My point is ... I'll miss them when they're gone.
Awwwwwww .....

The sets can be pricey, but they are sooooo worth the $$$.
Shhhhh ... don't tell anyone, but I just bought three new sets for my little guy's birthday.

Forum List

Back