Legendary Yankee Yogi Berra passes on

waltky

Wise ol' monkey
Feb 6, 2011
Okolona, KY
It's finally over Yogi, thanks for the humor, fun and great baseball...

Baseball legend Yogi Berra dies aged 90: MLB
Wed Sep 23, 2015 Yogi Berra, a Hall of Fame catcher for the New York Yankees and one of baseball's most well-known players, has died, Major League Baseball said on Tuesday. He was 90 years old.
"We mourn the passing of Yankees icon and Hall of Famer Yogi Berra," the MLB said in a tweet. The Yankees said in a tribute on Twitter: "We are deeply saddened by the loss of a Yankees legend and American hero."

r

Former New York Yankee Yogi Berra stands at home plate before the final regular season MLB American League baseball game at Yankee Stadium in New York

Lawrence Peter Berra, known to the world as Yogi, was a tough catcher and a feared clutch hitter who helped the Yankees dominate baseball from 1947 to 1963. On a team packed with great players like Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio, Berra led the Yanks in runs batted in for seven consecutive seasons.

He won the American League's most valuable player award three times in the 1950s, was a 15-time all star and entered baseball's Hall of Fame in 1972. After retiring as a player, Berra became one of only six managers to lead separate American and National League teams to the World Series.

Baseball legend Yogi Berra dies aged 90: MLB

is that all he was? I thought he was 100 something. He was the most liked yankee great.those old yankee greats i could respect,they played the game for the love of the game unlike all these greedy players now.

next to the babe he was the most famous of them all having a cartoon named after him and being the one who coined the now famous pfrase-its not over till its over.

10 World Series victories....14 pennants. I hate the Damn Yankees but Yogi was a class act.

The pre Steinbreener Yankees I have nothing against.They had players with class with Yogi being at the top of that class. Then Steinbrenner came along and with the help of the idiots who formed free agency in the 70's, Steinbrenner came along and BOUGHT all his championships ruining the game.

Thank you major league baseball for forming free agency and ruining such a great game giving us players who only play the game for the love of the money now instead of for the love of the game as Yogi did.:thup::clap:

these days you see many players who halfway to first base they stop running when they see they hit the ball directly at someone.That was UNHEARD OF in Yogis days and before free agency.

I played baseball as a toddler all the way up to one year in college and if you did not run as hard as you could to beat out a throw to first base everytime,you were benched.

its sad that now these days kids see that all the time in the majors and they think its normal because its such a normal routine thing they see all the time now everyday when they watch baseball.

Last edited:
R.I.P.

Yogi

You'll rejoin some great ones.

I never liked the Yankees....but I would never deny their greatness.

Forum List

Back