Leftists, why do you support the censorship of opinions you dont agree with?

How does it make the nation stronger? It is very strange to me.

Disagreeing with Modern Gender Theory is a hate crime?
This fails as a strawman fallacy.

The ‘left’ does not advocate for ‘censorship’ – the notion is a lie.
the left is so pro censorship its insane...trump isnt on twitter anymore...inconvenient truth

So, they don't want to publish his lies anymore?
They have the right.
In freedom public decides for itself what are lies. In censorship and oppression the publisher nanny states instead
Facts stop bullshit feelings threads dead in their tracks

Last edited:
Censorship like Reagan was known to do with them bad drug crazed musicians and actors he had to get rid of.
I don’t remember Reagan getting involved in that. I do remember that pig Gore and his pig wife being knee deep in it.

I love how the op is trying to make it appear as if only the left tries to censor opinions they don't agree with. Both liberals and conservatives do that. It just differs on what types of opinions they want to be censored

the left is so pro censorship its insane...trump isnt on twitter anymore...inconvenient truth

They have the right.
In freedom public decides for itself what are lies. In censorship and oppression the publisher nanny states instead

The public doesn't decide what is truth and what are lies.
Am I commenting right now Sunday morning on 4/11/2011?
The public doesn't get to decide it's actually Tuesday the 13th.
Private companies don't have to publish anything they don't want to.

But old men perverts can go to the bathroom with little girls now, so.....
Has there been a case of this?
Several.

Transgender Wyoming woman convicted of sexually assaulting 10-year-old girl in bathroom

5-Year-Old Girl Allegedly Assaulted in School Bathroom, Transgender Policy Being Investigated

21 women assaulted by 'transgenders' in restrooms

You really need to stop insisting that because you haven't heard of something, it doesn't exist. Your willful ignorance does not alter reality.

I love how the op is trying to make it appear as if only the left tries to censor opinions they don't agree with. Both liberals and conservatives do that. It just differs on what types of opinions they want to be censored
So, if it's bad when conservatives do it, why does the left do it, too? Shouldn't they rise above the behavior they condemn?

While you're impotently sputtering your way through that, the right supports free speech. They left doesn't. Period.

I consider myself liberal. I agree with the OP though. Shutting off the argument from the other side seems to me as pure mental laziness. I started noticing this more and more ever since Rush came on the scene.

I agree with you... When someone is engaging in a honest debate while I may not agree wit their views I am more willing to discuss them.

Sometimes we see dishonesty and propaganda hiding as free speech...

The question should be "How much dishonesty should be tolerated, how much damage must be done to society before i comes not free speech but misinformation as to drown all other free speech?"

They have the right.

In a free society like we used to have the public chose what it considered to be true or false. Now publication platforms are making that decision for us very arbitrarily and mostly tied to politics

How does it make the nation stronger? It is very strange it me.

What you're referring to is "shunning", and it's a valid way for a society to self-moderate. It may be stupid. Sometime society is stupid. But it's an entirely voluntary form of censure and beats coercive mandates from the state.
When the ENTIRE media conglomerate is wholly owned by a handful of morons who decide what you can see or say it is NOT VOLUNTARY

They have the right.

In a free society like we used to have the public chose what it considered to be true or false. Now publication platforms are making that decision for us very arbitrarily and mostly tied to politics

I find it fascinating that one can say the 2016 election was stolen, but not the 2020 election.

Its overt hypocrisy.

How does it make the nation stronger? It is very strange it me.

What you're referring to is "shunning", and it's a valid way for a society to self-moderate. It may be stupid. Sometime society is stupid. But it's an entirely voluntary form of censure and beats coercive mandates from the state.
When the ENTIRE media conglomerate is wholly owned by a handful of morons who decide what you can see or say it is NOT VOLUNTARY

I'm reading this same argument from georgephillip, in another thread, to justify his claim that wage labor is "slavery". But of course, it's not - because ultimately it is up to the employee to make the call. Even if an handful of rich people own "the means of production", a "wage slave" can still tell their employer to fly a kite whenever they want.

Forum List

Back