Leftists, why do you support the censorship of opinions you dont agree with?

Leftists, why do you support the censorship of opinions you dont agree with?

Hmmmm. Like Trump? RWer's had no issues.

October 23 2017
"Network news has become so partisan, distorted and fake that licenses must be challenged and, if appropriate, revoked," Trump said in a second tweet. "Not fair to the public!"
www.washingtonexaminer.com › trumps-threats-to

November 18 2018
The White House has suspended the press pass of CNN correspondent Jim Acosta after he and President Donald Trump had a heated confrontation during a news conference.
“CNN should be ashamed of itself having you work for them,” the president said to Acosta. “You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn’t be working for CNN. The way you treat Sarah Sanders is horrible. The way you treat other people is horrible. You shouldn’t treat people that way.”
www.eagletribune.com › news › white-house-bans-cnn

May 27 2020
“Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen,” Trump tweeted early Wednesday morning.
slate.com › news-and-politics › 2020

August 1 2020
"As far as TikTok is concerned, we're banning them from the United States," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One as he returned from Florida late Friday.
The announcement comes weeks after Trump critics used TikTok to inflate expectations for turnout expected at the president's rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a major embarrassment for the president's campaign.
www.usatoday.com › story › news

I consider myself liberal. I agree with the OP though. Shutting off the argument from the other side seems to me as pure mental laziness. I started noticing this more and more ever since Rush came on the scene.

How does it make the nation stronger? It is very strange to me.

Disagreeing with Modern Gender Theory is a hate crime?
This fails as a strawman fallacy.

The ‘left’ does not advocate for ‘censorship’ – the notion is a lie.

Twitter, Facebook, Google .. it's pretty obvious they censor free speech, hell they're nothing more than modern day left wing gestapo.

Because they dont have the mental courage of their own conviction thus any challenges invoke their emotional frailties and they must avoid that so remove it from sight or utterance

Twitter, Facebook, Google .. it's pretty obvious they censor free speech, hell they're nothing more than modern day left wing gestapo.

So, you think they MUST publish your BS?
Do you think USMB MUST publish mine?
Hell, NO, BOTH of us could be banned at any time for any reason.

How does it make the nation stronger? It is very strange it me.

What you're referring to is "shunning", and it's a valid way for a society to self-moderate. It may be stupid. Sometime society is stupid. But it's an entirely voluntary form of censure and beats coercive mandates from the state.

Because you disagree with someone?

Obama was against Gay marriage in 2009, so he is a homophobe and should be cancelled.
selective-outrage-liberals-obama-miss-california-hypocrisy-political-poster-1266638628.jpg

Marriage being between man and woman is so upsetting to the perverts. We need to be conscious of and cater to their feelings.

With the USMB, they state the rules and it's up to you to follow them or not, plus they have competition and you are free to find alternate message boards.

With Twitter, Facebook, Google left wing news media they have far far far far more influence and they manipulate rules and information to fit their left wing bias..

btw ..Your comparison is purposefully silly headed..

Hopefully balanced competitors (there are some) will emerge and the left wing propaganda machines (American free speech traitors) will fade to obscurity where they belong..

Last edited:

What you're referring to is "shunning", and it's a valid way for a society to self-moderate. It may be stupid. Sometime society is stupid. But it's an entirely voluntary form of censure and beats coercive mandates from the state.

Because you disagree with someone?

Obama was against Gay marriage in 2009, so he is a homophobe and should be cancelled.
Obama changed his mind. This nation was built by cancel culture. Literally.

Ask the Native Nations.
native americans got their land by brutally committing genocide against the people who were on the land before them

the left is so pro censorship its insane...trump isnt on twitter anymore...inconvenient truth

With the USMB, they state the rules and it's up to you to follow them or not, plus they have competition and you are free to find alternate message boards.

With Twitter, Facebook, Google left wing news media they have far far far far more influence and they manipulate rules and information to their left wing bias..

Your comparison is purposefully silly headed..

Hopefully balanced competitors (there are some) will emerge and the left wing propaganda machines will fade to obscurity where they belong..

Really?
So does FOX, newsmax or parlor.
ALL are private companies, they have rules too.
You don't think they have a RW agenda/propaganda?

the left is so pro censorship its insane...trump isnt on twitter anymore...inconvenient truth

So, they don't want to publish his lies anymore?
They have the right.

With Twitter, Facebook, Google left wing news media they have far far far far more influence and they manipulate rules and information to their left wing bias..

Your comparison is purposefully silly headed..

Hopefully balanced competitors (there are some) will emerge and the left wing propaganda machines will fade to obscurity where they belong..

Really?
So does FOX, newsmax or parlor.
ALL are private companies, they have rules too.
You don't think they have a RW agenda/propaganda?

Yup, I just added, "left wing news media" for the fun of it..

This could be fun but I have places to go, people too see today .. catch you later Smokin and welcome to the USMB..

With Twitter, Facebook, Google left wing news media they have far far far far more influence and they manipulate rules and information to fit their left wing bias..

btw ..Your comparison is purposefully silly headed..

Hopefully balanced competitors (there are some) will emerge and the left wing propaganda machines (American free speech traitors) will fade to obscurity where they belong..
Ahh... the old "monopoly" saw! Every good statist will whip this one out when they're looking for a cut.

Except it is called "systemic racism" when a great number of an ethnic minority are shunned for their unacceptable or illegal actions. Then shunning is deemed illegal.

So, they don't want to publish his lies anymore?
They have the right.
In freedom public decides for itself what are lies. In censorship and oppression the publisher nanny states instead

Except it is called "systemic racism" when a great number of an ethnic minority are shunned for their unacceptable or illegal actions. Then shunning is deemed illegal.
And it should not be - the entire notion that government should tell people who they have to associate with is wrong.

Forum List

Back