Leftists Freak Out at the Thought of Cameras Exposing Fanatical CRT Teachers

You admitted that they were created that way and stood for at least 100 years as our country developed, right? You won’t answer my other question which asked when discrimination was all removed and cleaned out of our institutions. So is it really that far out there that some of i
First of all I “admitted” nothing

What I did was agree with an obvious fact

Second, I cant tell you when America erased systemic racism from the law

But certainly it was sometime during the 60 years since the major civil rights laws were passed
It’s an obvious fact to some but I see people on here push back against it all the time.

Ok so now we are getting somewhere. You’re saying that our intitustions were set up and operationally racist and discriminatory from our countries inception until the 1960s when we passed civil rights laws. Mind you we didn’t have a Kumbaya United moment… Civil rights was and remains a very contentious thing. So I think you’d agree that it is fair to say that nearly 200 years of racist institutions doesn’t get cleaned up and rectified over night by the signing of laws… correct?

so now we are in the 60s and having a journey through implementing these changes…. You don’t think that qualifies or is even close to modern times?! There are certainly people still alive today who were here before the 1960s, so how in the world can you be so dismissive of this theory that seems to explain these obvious facts that you are acknowledging as truth?! You can’t even name a moment when all was rectified and we even saw with Trump a criminal justice reform bill that was touted as a racial equality initiative. Wake the hell up man. It happened then and is still happening now. Why are you so against discussing it, teaching it, understanding it, and improving it?!
Changes began long before 1965 and were not needed everywhere

For instance california and the northeast did not have segregation against blacks

Truman integrated the US Army in the ‘40s , Brown v Board of education 1955, professional sports during the 1950’s ect

But by 1970 government was no longer discriminating against blacks

and we even saw with Trump a criminal justice reform bill that was touted as a racial equality initiative.
I never touted it as that

Crack is concentrated cocaine

Its very bad stuff

Removing pushers was good for the hood

If you are going to blame me for the inability of you and your comrades to learn and grow past your flaws, there can be no real discussion.

Or, to put it in words you'll be able to understand, it's not my fault if you people keep making the same mistakes.
That's not going to work for you either. You are misattributing a fallacy to people who are not in fact claiming "all or nothing" so that you can dismiss points raised instead of addressing what is actually being said. YOU are engaging in the logical fallacy of a straw man.

Stop trying to be clever. You're not.

Discuss the points raised or don't. If you have no honest intention of discussing the topic you might as well get lost.

There are many that attack CRT by pointing to the way our countries founding set up institutions that were inherently racist and then analyze the effects it had on black society, culture and development.
Lib teachers are telling children that our institutions are racist NOW

And that is a lie that does great harm to the children
I’ve been trying to get to the now for pages but you keep dancing around and avoiding a straight conversation. You’ve said our institutions were racist in the early days. At what point did that change and when did we get all our institutions cleaned up where they don’t discriminate at all against minorities?
You will never eliminate all racism but there are a lot fewer racists out there. Why? The country has changed. People like my parents arrived and younger generations are more accepting. Stop playing the victim card. You fit all the descriptions of a leftist. Woe is me.

You admitted that they were created that way and stood for at least 100 years as our country developed, right? You won’t answer my other question which asked when discrimination was all removed and cleaned out of our institutions. So is it really that far out there that some of i

But certainly it was sometime during the 60 years since the major civil rights laws were passed
It’s an obvious fact to some but I see people on here push back against it all the time.

Ok so now we are getting somewhere. You’re saying that our intitustions were set up and operationally racist and discriminatory from our countries inception until the 1960s when we passed civil rights laws. Mind you we didn’t have a Kumbaya United moment… Civil rights was and remains a very contentious thing. So I think you’d agree that it is fair to say that nearly 200 years of racist institutions doesn’t get cleaned up and rectified over night by the signing of laws… correct?

so now we are in the 60s and having a journey through implementing these changes…. You don’t think that qualifies or is even close to modern times?! There are certainly people still alive today who were here before the 1960s, so how in the world can you be so dismissive of this theory that seems to explain these obvious facts that you are acknowledging as truth?! You can’t even name a moment when all was rectified and we even saw with Trump a criminal justice reform bill that was touted as a racial equality initiative. Wake the hell up man. It happened then and is still happening now. Why are you so against discussing it, teaching it, understanding it, and improving it?!

For instance california and the northeast did not have segregation against blacks

Truman integrated the US Army in the ‘40s , Brown v Board of education 1955, professional sports during the 1950’s ect

Weren’t needed everywhere?! Dude. You need to take a minute, open your mind, and allow yourself to see the history. Watch some Documentary’s… start with “Driving while black” gain a little perspective. You don’t know how ignorant you sound right now

Weren’t needed everywhere?! Dude. You need to take a minute, open your mind, and allow yourself to see the history. Watch some Documentary’s… start with “Driving while black” gain a little perspective. You don’t know how ignorant you sound right now
More woe is me arguments from the leftist. Amazing. There are and always will be racist people (mostly Democrats like you) only way to reduce it is to treat everyone equally.

I ask regularly of Democrats for examples if that racism they are always screeching about, and all they can ever do is point to the distribution of money, high status careers....

If you have any examples, I'd like to hear 'em.

"If there were a contest for the most stupid idea in politics, my choice would be the assumption that people would be evenly or randomly distributed in incomes, institutions, occupations or awards, in the absence of somebody doing somebody wrong."
Thomas Sowell - The Dumbest Idea

“systemic racism” and “institutional racism” are anti-American myths spread by oppression-model dogmatists. Ever since the ascendance of Bernie Sanders, the platforms of the Democrat Party have been shaped by these myths. Thus the 2016 platform regards social and economic disparities as prima facie evidence of racial or gender oppression and attributes such disparities not to individual decisions, capabilities, and performances, but to unidentified “policies” which, if they actually existed, would be illegal. Thomas Sowell, Discrimination and Disparities,​

Leftists Freak Out at the Thought of Cameras Exposing Fanatical CRT Teachers​

7 Jul 2021 ~~ By John Nolte
The far-left HuffPost is freaking over Tucker Carlson’s suggestion that cameras be placed in public school classrooms.
“Tucker Carlson Goes Full ‘1984’ With ‘Cameras In The Classroom’ Proposal,” screams the left-wing outlet’s headline.
“The Fox News personality suggested police-style body cameras to check on what every teacher is telling their students,” the sub-headline reads.
“Carlson, in a rant reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel ‘1984,’” author Lee Moran bleats, “called the teaching that racism is at least partly systemic… a ‘civilization-ending poison’ and ‘B.S.’”
Before we go any further… I’ve read 1984 at least three times and am unfamiliar with anything Tucker said that is “reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]”
In fact, Tucker’s suggestion is the exact opposite of “something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]” Tucker is suggesting we monitor the government. 1984 is about (among other things) the government monitoring private citizens. So Moran got his metaphor exactly wrong, which tells me he’s probably a product of government-run public schools.
Regardless, he huffs on, “He warned ‘we can’t really be sure’ how far it is being spread until ‘we finally get cameras in the classroom, as we put them on the chests of police officers.’”
What I found interesting about this piece is that other than screaming 1984!!!, no case or argument is made against the idea of cameras in government-run public school classrooms.
Is there one?
Is there a good argument against this kind of accountability and transparency?
~Snip~
The real issue here is just how brazenly public school teachers have become when it comes to teaching our kids pretty much everything but what they need to know. Leftists are never happier than when they’ve insinuated themselves between parent and child. Too many schools can’t teach kids to read or write, but they are sure teaching them to hate their country and all about “demi-sexuality.”
Tucker’s smart to bring this up, to make it part of the national conversation. Teachers and their evil unions are going to have a hard time explaining why they oppose such a thing. They will be on defense, which is exactly where they belong.

Comment:
Cameras would certainly expose incompetence, along with indoctrination and its techniques, favoritism, laziness, CRT, anything BLM, gay rights, religion bashing, white guilt/privilege advancement, etc.
Easy to see why Progressive Marxist/DSA Commies oppose this.
What have the teachers got to hide? We are in the age of Zoom and zero in-class learning. Stick a camera in the corner so those students who wish to work from home and via Zoom can. Oh, and you need to record the classes in case the student was out for some reason. All the better if the parents can review what is being taught in class.
If we demand body-cams for cops, why not cameras in the classroom?
Hahahaha, the party of small government, personal Liberty and freedom wants to put cameras in classrooms?! Are you shitting me?! What a bunch of unprincipled idiots
So you’re Ok with police officers having body cams but no cameras in classrooms? Typical Leftist hypocrisy
Yes absolutely... You're on the cameras in classrooms train too AZ?!

Wow, the breakdown of conservatives is amazing to watch
#1) I am not a conservative, I am just right of you because you're a deranged leftist.

#2) If our police officers are wearing cameras why should we not have cameras in the classroom? What is the downside?
The downside would be the fact that it would blow up an already stagnant and bloated bureaucracy in the school system and flood already strained resources towards dealing with the drama of helicopter parents from both sides who object to something they see in class. It will make teaching a nightmare, take focus away from the students and education, and institutes a principle of big brother survellience on developing children which is not healthy. There are all kinds of horrible side effects that this would cause. You really don't see that?!

I'm fine with cams in day care for infants... I'm fine with steaming lectures for remote learning... I'm not fine with politicizing the schools more than they already are and opening the door for kooky helicopter parents to suck up even more school resources and attention.
Very negative of you. Perhaps kids will behave better and teachers will be able to teach and get through to kids as there will be repercussions. Teachers no longer have to be law enforcement and get into he said she said arguments with parents as everything will be recorded. You really don't see that?!!? Do you have kids?

This isn't about politicizing. It is about making sure kids behave. My wife teaches. The biggest issue is misguided parents who believe the load of crap the kids tell them.

I could go for the security-type cameras, like we currently have in buses and in hallways now. If there is an issue, video can be retrieved and viewed. No problem there.

You might have read earlier there are HUGE student privacy concerns if you simply allow live video feeds into the classrooms indefinitely that all parents can access anytime. I can't see how that happens.
Students may cry me a river. They are in a public classroom. They don’t get privacy.

I get your perspective on this but think beyond discipline problems. Students need privacy from really creepy parents out there for one thing. They are not in the majority but they ARE out there. We have no small number of students on "no media" releases for various reasons, most commonly for non-custodial parents who would love to peep in on live feeds to see if kids are in school--or not.

Not to mention other privacy issues. Just the special education laws alone....
What if there was a special log in for approved parents and guardians to exclusively access only feeds of their children’s classrooms. Would you support it then?

No live feeds for all the reasons mentioned. You're still going to have special education students, grading issues, discipline issues going on all the time. Best way to handle all of this is to have the classroom taped and recorded, and the video can be recalled later by relevant parties.

The special ed laws alone would blow your minds. I TEACH special ed children and can hardly know some things. No way would parents be given license to have unfettered viewing access.

The far-left HuffPost is freaking over Tucker Carlson’s suggestion that cameras be placed in public school classrooms.
“Tucker Carlson Goes Full ‘1984’ With ‘Cameras In The Classroom’ Proposal,” screams the left-wing outlet’s headline.
“The Fox News personality suggested police-style body cameras to check on what every teacher is telling their students,” the sub-headline reads.
“Carlson, in a rant reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel ‘1984,’” author Lee Moran bleats, “called the teaching that racism is at least partly systemic… a ‘civilization-ending poison’ and ‘B.S.’”
Before we go any further… I’ve read 1984 at least three times and am unfamiliar with anything Tucker said that is “reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]”
In fact, Tucker’s suggestion is the exact opposite of “something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]” Tucker is suggesting we monitor the government. 1984 is about (among other things) the government monitoring private citizens. So Moran got his metaphor exactly wrong, which tells me he’s probably a product of government-run public schools.
Regardless, he huffs on, “He warned ‘we can’t really be sure’ how far it is being spread until ‘we finally get cameras in the classroom, as we put them on the chests of police officers.’”
What I found interesting about this piece is that other than screaming 1984!!!, no case or argument is made against the idea of cameras in government-run public school classrooms.
Is there one?
~Snip~
The real issue here is just how brazenly public school teachers have become when it comes to teaching our kids pretty much everything but what they need to know. Leftists are never happier than when they’ve insinuated themselves between parent and child. Too many schools can’t teach kids to read or write, but they are sure teaching them to hate their country and all about “demi-sexuality.”
Tucker’s smart to bring this up, to make it part of the national conversation. Teachers and their evil unions are going to have a hard time explaining why they oppose such a thing. They will be on defense, which is exactly where they belong.

Comment:
Cameras would certainly expose incompetence, along with indoctrination and its techniques, favoritism, laziness, CRT, anything BLM, gay rights, religion bashing, white guilt/privilege advancement, etc.
What have the teachers got to hide? We are in the age of Zoom and zero in-class learning. Stick a camera in the corner so those students who wish to work from home and via Zoom can. Oh, and you need to record the classes in case the student was out for some reason. All the better if the parents can review what is being taught in class.
Hahahaha, the party of small government, personal Liberty and freedom wants to put cameras in classrooms?! Are you shitting me?! What a bunch of unprincipled idiots
So you’re Ok with police officers having body cams but no cameras in classrooms? Typical Leftist hypocrisy

#1) I am not a conservative, I am just right of you because you're a deranged leftist.

#2) If our police officers are wearing cameras why should we not have cameras in the classroom? What is the downside?
The downside would be the fact that it would blow up an already stagnant and bloated bureaucracy in the school system and flood already strained resources towards dealing with the drama of helicopter parents from both sides who object to something they see in class. It will make teaching a nightmare, take focus away from the students and education, and institutes a principle of big brother survellience on developing children which is not healthy. There are all kinds of horrible side effects that this would cause. You really don't see that?!

I'm fine with cams in day care for infants... I'm fine with steaming lectures for remote learning... I'm not fine with politicizing the schools more than they already are and opening the door for kooky helicopter parents to suck up even more school resources and attention.
Very negative of you. Perhaps kids will behave better and teachers will be able to teach and get through to kids as there will be repercussions. Teachers no longer have to be law enforcement and get into he said she said arguments with parents as everything will be recorded. You really don't see that?!!? Do you have kids?

This isn't about politicizing. It is about making sure kids behave. My wife teaches. The biggest issue is misguided parents who believe the load of crap the kids tell them.

I could go for the security-type cameras, like we currently have in buses and in hallways now. If there is an issue, video can be retrieved and viewed. No problem there.

You might have read earlier there are HUGE student privacy concerns if you simply allow live video feeds into the classrooms indefinitely that all parents can access anytime. I can't see how that happens.
Students may cry me a river. They are in a public classroom. They don’t get privacy.

I get your perspective on this but think beyond discipline problems. Students need privacy from really creepy parents out there for one thing. They are not in the majority but they ARE out there. We have no small number of students on "no media" releases for various reasons, most commonly for non-custodial parents who would love to peep in on live feeds to see if kids are in school--or not.

Have the cameras run without a live feed but if an issue occurs there is video proof. Win/win?

There are a lot of ways this can be handled, depending on the school in question, the parents' specific concerns, the privacy concerns involved . . . It could be done like police bodycam footage, where it's archived and made available when a specific question arises; it could be done as a password-protected video feed, with the passwords issued only to custodial parents; it could be done as a password-protected audio feed, so the custodial parent can listen to the lesson without seeing the classroom, and the video can be requested from archives if necessary; it could probably be arranged for the students' faces to be blurred out, if that's a major concern.

Really the only way to placate the myriad of privacy laws, especially concerning custodial issues, special ed, etc, is to record the classroom and access the video when issues arrive. I raised two children. I did not have the right to see what all the other children were doing and learning--not especially their performance in the classroom, discipline issues--as it was happening.

You simply cannot get around the fact that you're not JUST taping a teacher. You're taping minor children. Sheesh folks.

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

What if there was a special log in for approved parents and guardians to exclusively access only feeds of their children’s classrooms. Would you support it then?

No live feeds for all the reasons mentioned. You're still going to have special education students, grading issues, discipline issues going on all the time. Best way to handle all of this is to have the classroom taped and recorded, and the video can be recalled later by relevant parties.

The special ed laws alone would blow your minds. I TEACH special ed children and can hardly know some things. No way would parents be given license to have unfettered viewing access.

A palpable fear.

I wonder why.

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

Have the cameras run without a live feed but if an issue occurs there is video proof. Win/win?

There are a lot of ways this can be handled, depending on the school in question, the parents' specific concerns, the privacy concerns involved . . . It could be done like police bodycam footage, where it's archived and made available when a specific question arises; it could be done as a password-protected video feed, with the passwords issued only to custodial parents; it could be done as a password-protected audio feed, so the custodial parent can listen to the lesson without seeing the classroom, and the video can be requested from archives if necessary; it could probably be arranged for the students' faces to be blurred out, if that's a major concern.

Really the only way to placate the myriad of privacy laws, especially concerning custodial issues, special ed, etc, is to record the classroom and access the video when issues arrive. I raised two childre

I did not have the right to see what all the other children were doing and learning--not especially their performance in the classroom, discipline issues--as it was happening.

You simply cannot get around the fact that you're not JUST taping a teacher. You're taping minor children. Sheesh folks.

Wanna do away with police body cams?

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

A palpable fear.

I wonder why.

Moral panics are really ugly. Ours isn't pretty either, and we're losing our faculties just like the Left lost theirs over Covid.

For instance, suggesting we tape little children and let everyone look in on it live.

You don't care about the little children; you just care about getting the loathsome teachers. I care about the kids, believe it or not.

Now, back off.

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

Really the only way to placate the myriad of privacy laws, especially concerning custodial issues, special ed, etc, is to record the classroom and access the video when issues arrive. I raised two childre

I did not have the right to see what all the other children were doing and learning--not especially their performance in the classroom, discipline issues--as it was happening.

Who gets to watch police body cams live?

Do they film minor children?

Asking for anyone who is reasonable here. Obviously that's not you.

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

You got a Vacation Bible School going PC? Hey, how about we live film all the kiddies and "give out codes" and anyone with the supposed codes can peep in and watch the kids.

Seems safe, right? Do you love that idea for your church kids?

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

Really the only way to placate the myriad of privacy laws, especially concerning custodial issues, special ed, etc, is to record the classroom and access the video when issues arrive. I raised two children. I did not have the right to see what all the other children were doing and learning--not especially their performance in the classroom, discipline issues--as it was happening.

I don't know if you noticed this, hon, but parents had access to what was going on in the classroom during the whole Covid lockdown because of Zoom schooling, and I don't recall anyone crapping their drawers over "the privacy of the other children! OMG!" at that time, perhaps because the teachers were far too concerned with demanding pay for no work to worry about complete autonomy and secrecy.

You simply cannot get around the fact that I'm not trying to get around the fact that it might involve taping minor children, because I don't accept as a given that it's an unthinkable horror the way you pretend to. I swear, the way you keep parroting, "Taping minor children!" sounds like you think you're saying, "Boiling children and eating them!" Calm down.

Furthermore, I note with interest that you skipped right past the actual point of my post which you are purporting to answer - it's really amazing how many people around here "respond" to a post by completely ignoring what it says - to run right back to your all-or-nothing fallacy of "Either we're talking about full access to everything all the time, or you just can't do it at all!"

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

Who said anything about "watching live"? There you go again with your all-or-nothing "This is all about public livestreaming classes on Youtube!" crap.

Yes, police bodycams film anyone who comes within range of the police bodycam, including minor children, which you continue to talk about as though you think pointing a camera at a kid instantly gives him cancer or something.

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

Who said anything about "watching live"? There you go again with your all-or-nothing "This is all about public livestreaming classes on Youtube!" crap.

Yes, police bodycams film anyone who comes within range of the police bodycam, including minor children, which you continue to talk about as though you think pointing a camera at a kid instantly gives him cancer or something.

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

I don't know if you noticed this, hon, but parents had access to what was going on in the classroom during the whole Covid lockdown because of Zoom schooling, and I don't recall anyone crapping their drawers over "the privacy of the other children! OMG!" at that time, perhaps because the teachers were far too concerned with demanding pay for no work to worry about complete autonomy and secrecy.

You simply cannot get around the fact that I'm not trying to get around the fact that it might involve taping minor children, because I don't accept as a given that it's an unthinkable horror the way you pretend to. I swear, the way you keep parroting, "Taping minor children!" sounds like you think you're saying, "Boiling children and eating them!" Calm down.

Furthermore, I note with interest that you skipped right past the actual point of my post which you are purporting to answer - it's really amazing how many people around here "respond" to a post by completely ignoring what it says - to run right back to your all-or-nothing fallacy of "Either we're talking about full access to everything all the time, or you just can't do it at all!"

At least two conservative posters in this thread would not be satisfied with the police cam/security cam type videotaping; they want a full sound, full video camera with a live feed installed in every classroom. This is the history of this thread. I have already stated I'm fine with security type cameras that store footage. We already have those in hallways and buses. *shrug*

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

A palpable fear.

I wonder why.

Moral panics are really ugly. Ours isn't pretty either, and we're losing our faculties just like the Left lost theirs over Covid.

For instance, suggesting we tape little children and let everyone look in on it live.

You don't care about the little children; you just care about getting the loathsome teachers. I care about the kids, believe it or not.

Now, back off.

"... suggesting we tape little children..."

Really?

You're protecting the children???? Not yourself????

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

Because I know the laws and I deal with a large extent with the general public.

If you would like to talk all-or-nothing, let's talk about the conservative penchant for teachers BAD other parents ANGELS.

Oh folks. No.

Forum List

Back