Led Zeppelin Vs. The Beatles - Who Is The True Rock G.O.A.T.?

I grew up in the fifties and sixties and loved all kinds of music. I loved soul music as much as anything else. Loved Otis Redding, Jackie Wilson, Temptations, Four Tops, James Brown etc. And later I loved Al Jarreau, George Benson, Anita Baker, etc. I loved all of that because it was great music. Great artists and great musicianship. But I gotta say that when Angry Rap came along I immediately hated it. It had nothing to do with color. I hate M&M equally. In the early days I liked Will Smith and Run DMC because it was fun to listen to. In the nineties it was MC Hammer, Whitney, Toni Braxton, Natalie Cole etc. But then with Hip Hop came the age of the steal. So-called "Sampling" took away any and almost all incentive for Black "musicians" to create their own original music. I miss it and I feel bad that young blacks seldom get to hear new "real" music. Now I enjoy watching young and not so young black people discover the gems of the past, both black and white tunes. It's amazing to watch eyes light up and smiles come to the faces of folks who never or almost never heard real art. I hope black inner city youth are inspired once again to learn to play instruments and to put gentle, thoughtful lyrics down on paper and abandon angry, violent and shocking disrespect of women in their "art."

bobo likes to make things about himself.....
I simply said black people don't love the Beatles. Why did I say that? Because Wicker said this

To compare the Beatles to Britney Spears is ludicrous. Shows clearly that you know absolutely nothing about music or history. Do you know the impact that they had on youth in Russia and throughout the USSR? Many Russian youth learned to speak English through Beatles lyrics. They traded bootlegged copies of albums and even developed a technique to use the plates from XRays to hold and play back the music. Beatles music opened their horizons and introduced them to freedoms that many didn't realize they were being denied. They held underground raves and fell in love to the music of the Beatles. It affected their lives in many positive ways because they knew that what they were listening to was special and classic. They loved the Beatles music on an even deeper level than many American kids did. Britney Spears is a silly and ignorant comparison.

First of all, it's subjective. Just because most of us understand that the beatles are greater than Brittney Spears, I'm sure there are people out there who would disagree. They aren't wrong. The beatles being the best is not a fact. It's true, but not a fact. Sort of like evolution.

Do you know the impact blacks had on the Beatles? You talk about the impact the Beatles had on Russians?

Are Russians free?

So how did the Beatles affect the Russian people? Did the music make Putin an asshole or the citizens sheep?

Personally, I liked the Who best. The Beatles and Zeppelin were both great but if you put those three in the same venue, the Who would blow them both outta' the place. I say that having seen the WHO three times, Zeppelin once but not the Beatles. But in the end, it's just my opinion.
In the end history will decide

whoever has the most music remembered and loved by the most future generations gets to take a seat next to motzart

And I think that will be the Beatles

whoever has the most music remembered and loved by the most future generations gets to take a seat next to motzart

Off the top of my head I can't name 2 members of Led Zepplin. And I'd have to think hard to name 3 songs. Stairway to Heaven, ....that's it.

Or that song that goes DA DA DA, DA DA DA, DA what beat as the sunshine that fills my rage, cause blablablabla, whoa, whoa, what's the name of that song?

And I probably know 10 Led Zepplin songs if I heard them but I'd probably change the channel.

I'm not a HUGE Beatles fan but I can name all 4 band members and at least 10 songs. There is no comparison.

If you want to ask who's better Zepplin, Stones, Doors, Aerosmith okay we can have that conversation. But to compare Zepplin to the Beatles is ridiculous.

FWIW: I live in a college town. When I walk around on weekends I hear Zep, AC/DC, Doors, etc.. I almost never hear the Beatles.

FWIW: I live in a college town. When I walk around on weekends I hear Zep, AC/DC, Doors, etc.. I almost never hear the Beatles.
Cashmere! I just thought of the song. So I know 2 Zepplin songs. Cashmere and Stairway to Heaven. LOL.

How about, want a whole lot of love? There's a 3rd song I can remember. I could rattle off a bunch of Beatles songs. But yea, in college, I wouldn't be listening to them either. The doors maybe but not the Beatles.

Off the top of my head I can't name 2 members of Led Zepplin. And I'd have to think hard to name 3 songs. Stairway to Heaven, ....that's it.

Or that song that goes DA DA DA, DA DA DA, DA what beat as the sunshine that fills my rage, cause blablablabla, whoa, whoa, what's the name of that song?

And I probably know 10 Led Zepplin songs if I heard them but I'd probably change the channel.

I'm not a HUGE Beatles fan but I can name all 4 band members and at least 10 songs. There is no comparison.

If you want to ask who's better Zepplin, Stones, Doors, Aerosmith okay we can have that conversation. But to compare Zepplin to the Beatles is ridiculous.
Paul McCartney is still doing concerts

and most of the music he plays is Beatles songs

not Wings, or very much of his oen music after the Beatles

and he’s usually joined by a long list of talented musicians from other bands

when the camera pans the audience you see Beatles fans from 7 to 70 lip syncing
the songs

I simply said black people don't love the Beatles. Why did I say that? Because Wicker said this

To compare the Beatles to Britney Spears is ludicrous. Shows clearly that you know absolutely nothing about music or history. Do you know the impact that they had on youth in Russia and throughout the USSR? Many Russian youth learned to speak English through Beatles lyrics. They traded bootlegged copies of albums and even developed a technique to use the plates from XRays to hold and play back the music. Beatles music opened their horizons and introduced them to freedoms that many didn't realize they were being denied. They held underground raves and fell in love to the music of the Beatles. It affected their lives in many positive ways because they knew that what they were listening to was special and classic. They loved the Beatles music on an even deeper level than many American kids did. Britney Spears is a silly and ignorant comparison.

First of all, it's subjective. Just because most of us understand that the beatles are greater than Brittney Spears, I'm sure there are people out there who would disagree. They aren't wrong. The beatles being the best is not a fact. It's true, but not a fact. Sort of like evolution.

Do you know the impact blacks had on the Beatles? You talk about the impact the Beatles had on Russians?

Are Russians free?

So how did the Beatles affect the Russian people? Did the music make Putin an asshole or the citizens sheep?
WTF are you getting at? The only logical question is the first one. Beatles and every rock and roll band were influenced by black music. Rock came from Blues. Beatles were influenced by The Isley Bros, little Richard, Chuck Berry and many of the early blues artists. The rest of your post is bizarre and silly.

Paul McCartney is still doing concerts

and most of the music he plays is Beatles songs

not Wings, or very much of his oen music after the Beatles

and he’s usually joined by a long list of talented musicians from other bands

when the camera pans the audience you see Beatles fans from 7 to 70 lip syncing
the songs
Yea! Who cares what stupid college kids are listening. They like Zepplin better because they are high and drunk. I liked the Doors in college better than the Beatles for the same reason but today I prefer the Beatles. Led Zepplin is one kind of music and limited. The Beatles have so many albums and they are so different. Know which ones I like the most? The first couple/few. Then I feel like they got weird and lost me. But today I even like that stuff. You know, Seargeant Pepper I am the Iceman co co ka choo? WTF?

WTF are you getting at? The only logical question is the first one. Beatles and every rock and roll band were influenced by black music. Rock came from Blues. Beatles were influenced by The Isley Bros, little Richard, Chuck Berry and many of the early blues artists. The rest of your post is bizarre and silly.
Sorry probably just being silly/stupid. LOL

Never was a Beatles fan.
They have a few songs I can tolerate tho.

I think most of their fans were pre-teen girls....or teen age kids on LSD....(teenage wasteland kinda thing)
One example.....Elton John's rendition of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds blows the Beatles rendition out of the water. Just a far better piece by Mrs. John.

Another...their Christmas song Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time makes crowds of people nauseous
There was really nothing special about them. They were just beneficiaries of the times and changing culture. Long hair. Elvis could swing his hips. Things like that. Today it's hateful RAP or singing about WAP that makes you famous. Still the same garbage and idiots that feed on it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back