Law abiding black man uses legal gun to defend himself from five white racists who tried to kill him

I'm 100% in favor of self defense.

I'm 100% against murder.

I'm glad that this law abiding black man used his legal gun to defend himself from five white racists who were trying to murder him.

Black pastor arrested after calling 911 on people who allegedly attacked him; sheriff apologizes

By Associated Press

June 15, 2020

5ee78cd86f999.image.jpg

From left: Amanda Salyers, Farrah Salyers, Donny Salyers, Christopher Sharp, Dennis Salyers. They are being held without bond and face hate crime and assault charges after an altercation with a black pastor in Edinburg, Va., this month.

WOODSTOCK, Va. (AP) — A sheriff in Virginia has apologized to a black pastor in Virginia who was arrested after calling 911 on a group of white people who threatened to kill him after trying to dump a refrigerator on his property.

Shenandoah County Sheriff Timothy Carter made the apology to Leon K. McCray Sr. of Woodstock Friday, announcing hate crime and assault charges against the five people involved and saying a weapons charge against the pastor would be dropped.

McCray described the events leading to his arrest in a sermon to parishioners at Lighthouse Church & Marketplace Ministries International.

He said he was visiting an apartment he owns in Edinburg on June 1 when he noticed a man and a woman dragging a refrigerator from another property into his dumpster, and they became irate when he asked them to leave.

McCray said they threatened him and returned with three more people, attacking him physically, saying “they don’t give a darn” about “my black life and the Black Lives Matter stuff,” and telling him they would “kill” him.

McCray said they backed up when he drew his legal concealed weapon to “save” his life
, giving him enough time to call 911. Arriving deputies then took his gun while talking with the five, who continued threatening and yelling racist epithets at him.
Great to hear this. Wow, those white trash look like they AREN'T the best that society can offer!
No doubt every one of them is a trump boot-licker just like you.
I'll give your bro a 4.5 on the landing.

I'm 100% against murder.

I'm glad that this law abiding black man used his legal gun to defend himself from five white racists who were trying to murder him.

Black pastor arrested after calling 911 on people who allegedly attacked him; sheriff apologizes

By Associated Press

June 15, 2020

5ee78cd86f999.image.jpg

From left: Amanda Salyers, Farrah Salyers, Donny Salyers, Christopher Sharp, Dennis Salyers. They are being held without bond and face hate crime and assault charges after an altercation with a black pastor in Edinburg, Va., this month.

WOODSTOCK, Va. (AP) — A sheriff in Virginia has apologized to a black pastor in Virginia who was arrested after calling 911 on a group of white people who threatened to kill him after trying to dump a refrigerator on his property.

Shenandoah County Sheriff Timothy Carter made the apology to Leon K. McCray Sr. of Woodstock Friday, announcing hate crime and assault charges against the five people involved and saying a weapons charge against the pastor would be dropped.

McCray described the events leading to his arrest in a sermon to parishioners at Lighthouse Church & Marketplace Ministries International.

He said he was visiting an apartment he owns in Edinburg on June 1 when he noticed a man and a woman dragging a refrigerator from another property into his dumpster, and they became irate when he asked them to leave.

McCray said they threatened him and returned with three more people, attacking him physically, saying “they don’t give a darn” about “my black life and the Black Lives Matter stuff,” and telling him they would “kill” him.

McCray said they backed up when he drew his legal concealed weapon to “save” his life
, giving him enough time to call 911. Arriving deputies then took his gun while talking with the five, who continued threatening and yelling racist epithets at him.

Smells . . . fishy.

I'm 100% against murder.

By Associated Press

June 15, 2020

5ee78cd86f999.image.jpg

Good for him. Should have head shot all the meth heads. This is why 2nd Amendment is sooo important.

Couple of meth users in the mix, perhaps all of them. They should hang out with left rioters really, because they have a TON in common.

I'm 100% against murder.

By Associated Press

June 15, 2020

5ee78cd86f999.image.jpg

Damed if they don't look just a chromosome tweak away from being the family of Bevis and Butthead.

"McCray said they threatened him and returned with three more people, attacking him physically, saying “they don’t give a darn” about “my black life and the Black Lives Matter stuff,” and telling him they would “kill” him."

White trash conservatives.

If what is reported is true more power to him.
However I am a proud law-abiding Redneck and less than pleased with the slurs voiced.

I'm 100% against murder.

By Associated Press

June 15, 2020

5ee78cd86f999.image.jpg

80% of those people are on meth.

I'm 100% against murder.

By Associated Press

June 15, 2020

5ee78cd86f999.image.jpg

Those are some mangy looking red necks. Preacher did well. Having it probably saved him an asswhipping, and he didn't have to shoot anybody. Good job.

In most all cases involving a CCW holder, shots are not fired.

I'm 100% against murder.

By Associated Press

June 15, 2020

5ee78cd86f999.image.jpg

I usually side with the CCW holder in stories like this, but I'm confused about how it's reported.

If this Pastor had a valid CCW license, what did they arrest him for? He did nothing wrong. I can't find exactly what charge they used in order to justify an arrest.

Something is missing here. He brandished a legal gun, used it because he had every reason to believe he was in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death, and he was the one who called the police to report it.

Police are usually very careful when making an arrest because the city (or in this case, the county) would be liable for a false arrest.

Forum List

Back