Latest on Bud Light: "Bud Light Buying Back Unsold Beer as Company Scrambles After Backlash"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Funnier than hell! :beer:

Bud Light is reportedly buying back unsold beer that has passed its expiry date, according to The Wall Street Journal—a move which could signal a change in strategy for the iconic brand following the culture-war storm it recently found itself in.

After offering a sponsorship deal to trans activist and influencer Dylan Mulvaney in early April, sending the social media star a commemorative can celebrating the anniversary of her gender transition, Bud Light has faced a major boycott from conservatives who have accused the brand of going "woke" and alienating its own customers.

What good difference will buying back an unwanted product make? Right me if I'm wrong, but doesn't doing such a thing only mean that more money will be lost?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

download (4).png

What good difference will buying back an unwanted product make? Right me if I'm wrong, but doesn't doing such a thing only mean that more money will be lost?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Yes, the company will lose more money but if they refuse to buy back the product from their distributors, those distributors may decide to stop doing business with them and that would cost AB MUCH more. I think the execs who are still holding out and refusing to simply, publicly say, "WE WERE WRONG to push a political agenda on our valued customers, we've learned our lesson and it will not be repeated", are responsible for the death of that product line and if they refuse to bend, eventually it will be the death of the corporation.
People are sick and tired of having a perverted social agenda shoved down their throats and basically being told - you WILL accept it.

^^^ That is all true, but the distributors may not do business with the company anymore no matter what due to what has already happened. If anything, what the distributors can do is just keep what they already have and hope that what they still have will eventually be purchased. If it's true that alcoholic beverages only get better with age, they won't have to worry about any of the leftover products ever expiring.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
/----/ I was in the business for two decades. It's part of the marketing agreement with wholesalers and retailers. Food manufacturers buy back short-dated and out-of-date products so retailers aren't stuck. Otherwise, they wouldn't stock the product.

All these big consumer brands are primarily marketing companies. It still baffles me that Budweiser let this happen.

/----/ I was in the business for two decades. It's part of the marketing agreement with wholesalers and retailers. Food manufacturers buy back short-dated and out-of-date products so retailers aren't stuck. Otherwise, they wouldn't stock the product.
They may not stock the product anymore anyway no matter what.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Garth Brooks Opens Gay Bar
648a0680809ef648a0680809f0.jpg

NASHVILLE, TN — In a surprising twist, legendary country music star Garth Brooks has announced that his new bar will in fact be a gay bar, as they will be serving Bud Light.

"There are plenty of other straight bars you can go to, but at my bar, we will serve an endless supply of Bud Light!" said Garth Brooks sporting a glittery rainbow cowboy hat and rhinestone studded chaps. "So if you wanna go where the whiskey drowns and the Bud Light chases your blues away then come on down to the 'Friends In Low Places' bar.

According to sources, the bar features unlimited Bud Light on tap, glitter raining down from the rafters, and mechanical bedazzled unicorn riding. As patrons took to the dance floor, gay couples swung, twirled, and twerked to the melodies of classic Garth Brooks tunes mixed with pulsating nightclub beats.

What does the number of queers have to do with anything?
It's what keeps you in work. You know, one queer approaches you, sodomizes you and tells how many more there are for you too pick from.

Forum List

Back