Last One Standing

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
Philip Rivers announced his retirement and that leaves just Ben Roethlisberger as the only quarterback from the 2004 NFL draft that is still on an NFL roster.

Philip Rivers announced his retirement and that leaves just Ben Roethlisberger as the only quarterback from the 2004 NFL draft that is still on an NFL roster.
I think Ben won't be far behind.
I agree. He'll be retired before spring camps begin. I believe. This from a diehard Steelers fan.
As a diehard Ravens fan, I have grudging respect for him and remember his first game. The Ravens defense had just knocked out Tommy Maddox and I thought, "now we can chew up the rookie back-up". Well he proceeded to chew up the Ravens' defense that day and quite a few times after that, too.

One can only hope...
I have to disagree. Aside from this season and his lost season in 2019, Roethlisberger had solid numbers. Sure he's been on the decline but this year showed the most tell tale signs of needing to retire.

I agree. He'll be retired before spring camps begin. I believe. This from a dieahard Steelers fan.
Um no. He’s scheduled to make over 40 million dollars next year. He’ll be back next year.
Is it guaranteed? If not, he only gets it if he makes the team. Also, there's usually a buyout clause that can get them out of it for a lot less.

I agree. He'll be retired before spring camps begin. I believe. This from a dieahard Steelers fan.
Um no. He’s scheduled to make over 40 million dollars next year. He’ll be back next year.
Is it guaranteed? If not, he only gets it if he makes the team. Also, there's usually a buyout clause that can get them out of it for a lot less.

I’m not sure what the cap hit would be if they cut him, or how much is guaranteed, but what I meant to say is he’s not retiring.

Forum List

Back