Last Month 16 Republicans Voted Against Helping Our Afghan Allies. Let’s Name Names

. . . it seems karma coming back to bite folks in the ass eh?

Echos of history.

View attachment 527984

U.S. CONGRESSIONAL RECORDS: JOE BIDEN WELCOMED VIETNAMESE REFUGEES TO THE UNITED STATES

Therefore, in recent days, President Trump's supporters have fabricated and spread the news that Mr. Biden was against Vietnamese refugees in the mid-1970s in order to get Vietnamese-American votes for Mr. Trump.
VIETNAMESE REFUGEE CONTINGENCY ACTS

Combing through the legal archives of the U.S. Congress, I found three main documents related to the evacuation and relief of Vietnamese refugees in 1975. The first is the S. 1484 (Vietnam Contingency Act) proposed by the Senate and approved in a vote of 75-17 on April 24, 1975. One of the 17 “nay” votes belonged to Joe Biden, because in the S. 1484 Bill, there were two terms that Mr. Biden disagreed with: (1) Military assistance to Vietnam; and (2) Authorization to use American troops if necessary to protect the evacuation of South Vietnamese citizens. Since Joe Biden ran for the Senate at the age of 30 in 1972, he had supported the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Vietnam.

When sent to the U.S. House of Representatives, the S. 1484 Bill was rejected together with the H.R. 6096 bill (Vietnam Humanitarian Assistance and Evacuation Act of 1975) in a vote of 162 to 246 on May 1, 1975.

Unfortunately, I only found a few details explaining the reasons why the U.S. Congress rejected the above laws. The first reason was that the Ford administration wanted the Congress to give him the authority to use U.S. troops if necessary to protect the evacuation of Americans and Vietnamese refugees from Vietnam. Senator Robert C. Byrd (Democrat, West Virginia) was opposed to using American troops to help evacuate Vietnamese because this measure would be "impractical and dangerous." "If we start that, we would just be getting back into the war,” he said. Congressman Bob Carr (Democrat, Michigan) said that “President Ford knows Congress is not going to approve that military aid, so he should get those people out of there and stop playing political games with them."

In June, Democratic Rep. Jason Crow of Colorado introduced the Averting Loss of Life and Injury by Expediting SIVs (ALLIES) Act in Congress. It was a no-brainer piece of legislation that would remove some of the requirements for Afghan special immigrant visas. The bill passed through the House with 407 yeas and 16 nays.

If you believe in warmongering or if you are a peacenik, there was nothing negative in this bill. And yet 16 Republicans voted against this bill. Who are they? I bet you can guess at least a few of them.

These people are beyond worthless. I propose a bill to air drop all Trump supporters, and any caucus with freedom of liberty attach d to it, in the middle of Taliban country.

The country would immediately b come smarter, safer, and generally better off.
Maybe Republicans would rather help the Americans first.

CONCLUSION

In fact, the war situation changed very fast in Vietnam. Just over two weeks after the April 14, 1975 White House meeting, Saigon fell. The evacuation of Americans was complete. A number of Vietnamese who worked with U.S. agencies in Vietnam got out at the same time as the Americans. In general, the evacuation of Vietnamese took place in chaotic circumstances, mostly by crossing the national border to neighboring countries. About 120,000 Vietnamese refugees came to the United States in 1975. Unfortunately, hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese died at sea.
snip
If you are a Vietnamese refugee or immigrant, respect the policy of fair and decent migration, and oppose racial discrimination. Mr. Joe Biden is the person you should vote for in the elections on November 3, 2020.

CONCLUSION

In fact, the war situation changed very fast in Vietnam. Just over two weeks after the April 14, 1975 White House meeting, Saigon fell. The evacuation of Americans was complete.

This was a far different situation

America withdrew its military from South Vietnam in 1973, and two years later the country announced its surrender after Northern forces took Saigon - later renaming it Ho Chi Minh City, after the late North Vietnamese leader.[]/I]

The south Vietnamese army held for nearly 2 years, the Afghan army a mere two weeks.

God bless them.

Have you ever lived in Afghanistan? Houseplants are intelligent in comparison.

Funny you should mention the intelligence of your average Afghan....
I'm reading a book about the SEALS trying to train Afghan soldiers and they talk about how they dont have any concept of things Americans think of as common knowledge,like simple math for instance.
They didnt like the night vision goggles either and said they prefer flash lights.
When they explained to the Afghans that lights would give away their position and make them targets they still would rather use flashlights.
I dont know how you train people that stupid.

Funny you should mention the intelligence of your average Afghan....
I'm reading a book about the SEALS trying to train Afghan soldiers and they talk about how they dont have any concept of things Americans think of as common knowledge,like simple math for instance.
They didnt like the night vision goggles either and said they prefer flash lights.
When they explained to the Afghans that lights would give away their position and make them targets they still would rather use flashlights.
I dont know how you train people that stupid.
They are unbelievably stupid. It is quoted that they have a national IQ average of 84 which is on par with our blacks. I don't think so. I think our blacks are actually much smarter.
These people have been inbreeding for centuries over there. Our translator was married to his first cousin and all three of their children were retarded...she was pregnant with the fourth when I hopped on that flight out.

Well he(tramp) made a deal with the devil, what do any of you expect.
Every single person has agreed that getting out of Afghanistan is imperative and a must do.
Find one person who hasn't.

Biden changed and overturned Trump's plan for a withdrawal just like he changed, cancelled
and ignored all of Trump's initiatives and policies.

So how is Trump responsible because Senile Joe Biden fucked the pooch and did everything wrong.
Simply turning out the lights at Bargrum AF base and closing down the base without notifying
anyone of our allies was probably the worst move anyone could have possibly made
....other than just advertising on billboards and radio that, See Ya! The loyal Afghans were all on their own

Just stunning idiocy from Joe Biden who ignored everyone of the experts who gave Joe a blueprint for an
orderly withdrawal in favor of his own asinine moves.

You blame it on Trump sycophants couldn't be more wrong.

In June, Democratic Rep. Jason Crow of Colorado introduced the Averting Loss of Life and Injury by Expediting SIVs (ALLIES) Act in Congress. It was a no-brainer piece of legislation that would remove some of the requirements for Afghan special immigrant visas. The bill passed through the House with 407 yeas and 16 nays.

If you believe in warmongering or if you are a peacenik, there was nothing negative in this bill. And yet 16 Republicans voted against this bill. Who are they? I bet you can guess at least a few of them.

These people are beyond worthless. I propose a bill to air drop all Trump supporters, and any caucus with freedom of liberty attach d to it, in the middle of Taliban country.

Voting to NO be Removing barriers for SPECIAL IMMIGRANTS like you mean TERRORISTS? Why oh why would anyone do this----

And btw how the fuck were they to know that Biden would steal an election and arrange for the terrorists to take over Afghan?

Every single person has agreed that getting out of Afghanistan is imperative and a must do.
Find one person who hasn't.

Biden changed and overturned Trump's plan for a withdrawal just like he changed, cancelled
and ignored all of Trump's initiatives and policies.

So how is Trump responsible because Senile Joe Biden fucked the pooch and did everything wrong.
Simply turning out the lights at Bargrum AF base and closing down the base without notifying
anyone of our allies was probably the worst move anyone could have possibly made
....other than just advertising on billboards and radio that, See Ya! The loyal Afghans were all on their own

Just stunning idiocy from Joe Biden who ignored everyone of the experts who gave Joe a blueprint for an
orderly withdrawal in favor of his own asinine moves.

You blame it on Trump sycophants couldn't be more wrong.
When you make a deal with evil in 2020, its tramps fault.

Trying to blame the Joe Dufus debacle on somebody else, eh Moon Bats? Is that the Democrat Talking Point of the Day now? It is the Republican's fault?

It is not the case of Afghanistan not getting support. It is a case of Joe Dufus being incompetent in managing the draw down.

What are you doing about he stranded Americans
Bidens a hero he's getting em out 24/7
On empty planes

The state department says derp

orange and drumphhhhhh!

Fuck you. We aren’t importing a million Afghans because Biden let Afghanistan collapse. We’ve seen this movie before, it was called Syria Refugee Crisis, created by the Obama Bin Biden Regime.

Now fuck off.
Western euros will be getting a shitload to apparently

Happy days in the West

What I want is irrelevant. I'm merely pointing out that Quid Pro's political decisions have political consequences. He voted to get us into Afghanistan and now owns how we get out.

You sound like a petulant child. You play the cards you're dealt.

You sound like a petulant child. You play the cards you're dealt.
Yup, that's exactly what Quid Pro did, and he made some mistakes along the way. Now his sycophants want to hold him blameless.

There's NO WAY you're getting out from Joe Biden being responsible for this. No way.

I dont have to do anything. I’ll let your lord and savior tell you.

david nussbaum (@theNuzzy) Tweeted:
“I started the process, all the troops are coming home, they (Biden) couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. They (Biden) couldn’t stop the process, they (Biden) wanted to but couldn’t stop the process.”

- Trump, 1 month ago https://t.co/9UPPbseyiI

Forum List

Back