Largest Scale Model Concorde

Really? All the historical videos I've watched on the Concorde always state they don't exist anymore.
They either fell apart or caught on fire and burned.
About the Museum

The Museum of Flight is the largest independent, non-profit air and space museum in the world!​

Learn More

Air & Spacecraft Collection
tmof-concorde-approach-2-p1.jpg

EXCERPT:
The Museum's aircraft, registration code G-BOAG, is referred to as Alpha Golf. It was first flown in April of 1978 and delivered to British Airways in 1980. It was the eighth British-built production Concorde. Equipped with four powerful Rolls-Royce/SNECMA Olympus 593 Mk. 610 turbojet engines, Alpha Golf logged more than 5,600 takeoffs and over 16,200 flight hours while in service. It flew the last British Airways commercial Concorde flight, from New York to London, on October 24, 2003. On its retirement flight to The Museum of Flight on November 5, 2003, Alpha Golf set a New York City-to-Seattle speed record of 3 hours, 55 minutes, and 2 seconds. Much of the flight was over northern Canada, where it flew supersonic for 1 hour, 34 minutes, and 4 seconds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, it's an awesome and very large collection and group of displays. Could easily use two days of rush through viewing to see all, but might want another day or two to linger and read and view more thoroughly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of scale models, this collection of 1/72 from World War Two has just about every aircraft involved in that conflict;

Holtgrewe WWII Model Collection​

moffat-holtgrewe1-p1.jpg

Last edited:
He also did World War One, in 1/48 scale;
This collection of 1/48 scale models represents over 150 of these aircraft. These models were constructed by Dr. H. Logan Holtgrewe over a period of four and a half years. The World War I collection serves as a companion piece to the collection of WWII models which was installed in 2007. The new World War I collection features 153 model aircraft rendered at 1/48 scale. The centerpiece of the new collection is a 13 1/2-foot long model Zeppelin, complete with interior lighting.
img-0246.jpg

Forum List

Back