Lancelot Tragedy: American Daydream [Capitalism Theater*]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Should TrumpUSA/capitalism feel more like a 'DreamWorks fable'?

What do you think?

I didn't feel comfy posting this civilization-parody in the Writing section but welcome any comments!

====

"My name is Lancelot. I'm a knight from Camelot, and I've time-traveled to the 21st Century, to 'TrumpUSA' where I can study the sociological impact of capitalism-theory in more urbanized/developed human civilization. I've noticed that modern-day Los Angeles and Times Square differ greatly from Arthur's majestic English Medieval kingdom of Camelot. I have a motive to analyze and dissect capitalism in this new age of high traffic and consumerism conveniences, and I also seek to understand if/how capitalism itself contributes to the vanities of commerce, inspiring humans to think about the 'mirrors' (or self-reflection) created by trade and mercantilism.

In my own time and place (Camelot!), I was seeking the magic and enchantment/wisdom of the prophetic Lady of the Lake, a beautiful mythic woman said to possess the power of the magical sword Excalibur, which may bring Camelot much fortune on the battlefield. While seeking out this mysterious Lady of the Lake and having seen and heard artistic/poetic renderings of her, I have to admit that I feel I've fallen in love with her. That's why during this TrumpUSA mission to dissect consumerism/capitalism, I want to understand if the analysis of commercial vanities in human societies/civilizations can give rise to the visage and charm of the Lady of the Lake (irrespective of time or place!).

When I went to a large shopping mall in Los Angeles, I noticed a very fancy Victoria's Secret women's lingerie store and wondered what the fabled Lady of the Lake would make of such commercial/consumerism frills and conveniences, widely accessible to a wide range of pedestrian/American shoppers. Would the Lady of the Lake liken Victoria's Secret to Stonehenge or Queen Guinevere's private-court fineries? Would the Lady of the Lake remark this shopping mall as a traffic-hub of great pedestrian daydreams and happiness? Is capitalism a foundation for lifestyle charms or only consumerism vanities/gluttony?

I had a dream the other night, while 'shopping' around in TrumpUSA that I was visited by the Lady of the Lake who gave me a kiss and whispered to me about the fairy-tale magic of appreciating the spiritualism hidden behind capitalism. When I awoke, I realized finally that the Lady of the Lake was trying to reach out to me during my journeys and discoveries, only she wasn't able to contact me since I was so immersed in my quest and adventures. It was as if when I was seeking her, she was not able to make herself known as a worthy 'messenger' about civilization logic, and when she was seeking me, I was immersed in personal quests unrelated to her person specifically.

Perhaps my story is therefore something of a tragedy. Every time I look for the Lady of the Lake, I find myself involved in a much more serious/grave mission or quest involving the enhancement of Camelot or the defense of its liberties. Every time the Lady of the Lake may be seeking my company (I am, after all, a hard-working and creative knight!), I might be 'spiritually distracted' by a very complicated or even confusion mission/quest. I'd like to think that some of the notes I collected while shopping around in TrumpUSA will give me some small 'morsels/tokens' of spiritual inspiration that connect me 'imaginatively' to the consciousness of the Lady of the Lake. After all, isn't capitalism really about...chocolate?"

====

lance13.jpg

Forum List

Back