LA Times Column: California Governor’s Mansion is Empty. Should we let homeless people move in?

I was homeless as a child. We were one of the families she would consider regular folks. With all that I know and all I have experienced, a resounding no. Especially not our historical buildings. Something about casting pearls before swine. Except swine are more worthwhile than our homeless.

There are plenty of empty office buildings. Put them there. Dead malls is another good use of wasted space.

Sure.

Why not?

And the state should buy some houses in upscale neighborhoods for the unhoused to live in.

See how long those liberal residents continue to vote for liberal politicians.

I was homeless as a child. We were one of the families she would consider regular folks. With all that I know and all I have experienced, a resounding no. Especially not our historical buildings. Something about casting pearls before swine. Except swine are more worthwhile than our homeless.

There are plenty of empty office buildings. Put them there. Dead malls is another good use of wasted space.
We’ve traveled all other the US the past four years. We’ve seen homeless camps in many places. We’ve also see many empty commercial and retail buildings. I’ve always thought they should be used to house the homeless.

Forum List

Back