Kyrie Irving suspended for 5 games without pay.

I am not sure what he did except post some link to an allegedly antiSemitic screed. And while I am always disgusted by antiSemites, I am not terribly fond of such efforts at censorship.

Yeah yeah. I realize it’s not government censorship. But it’s still censorship and an imposition of sanctions against a person based solely on disapproval of what he says (or appears to support).

So, let me get this straight, the establishment won't even let him say the name of the title of what he is saying about what he watched, they are THAT afraid of the information? That is strange as hell.

I had no idea what the hell this whole thread was about, till I did some research.

Kyrie Irving Boosts Antisemitic Movie Peddling ‘Jewish Slave Ships’​

The video is based on a venomously antisemitic book which asserts that "many famous high-ranking Jews" have "admitted" to "worship[ing] Satan or Lucifer."

Me sorry massa Adam Silver lol

“To All Jewish families and Communities that are hurt and affected from my post, I am deeply sorry to have caused you pain, and I apologize,” Irving wrote. “I initially reacted out of emotion to being unjustly labeled Anti-Semitic, instead of focusing on the healing process of my Jewish Brothers and Sisters that were hurt from the hateful remarks made in the Documentary.

“I had no intentions to disrespect any Jewish cultural history regarding the Holocaust or perpetuate any hate. I am learning from this unfortunate event and hope we can find understanding between us all,” Irving continued.

Irving was condemned last week by, among others, Nets owner Joe Tsai and the NBA for tweeting a link to the 2018 movie “Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America,” which is based on Ronald Dalton’s book of the same name and has been blasted as being antisemitic by civil rights groups.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/03/sport/kyr...index.html

I am not sure what he did except post some link to an allegedly antiSemitic screed. And while I am always disgusted by antiSemites, I am not terribly fond of such efforts at censorship.

Yeah yeah. I realize it’s not government censorship. But it’s still censorship and an imposition of sanctions against a person based solely on disapproval of what he says (or appears to support).
That's how free speech works you fucking nitwit. It's not just your right to say whatever you want. It's also the right of advertisers to say I don't like that speech so I'm not going to sponsor or advertise at your games. And it's the right of the owners in the NBA to say well fuck, we don't like that this dipshit is costing us money so we're not going to let him use our business to promote his fate speech.

I have updated my sig to include my brutha Kyrie long live free speech.

"If you want to know who controls you, look at who you are not allowed to criticize." -Voltaire​

renderTimingPixel.png

It is not censorship for a business to have standards of conduct for their employees.

If what an employee says or does bring harm to their employer, the employer has ever right, and obligation, to do something about it

That's how free speech works you fucking nitwit. It's not just your right to say whatever you want. It's also the right of advertisers to say I don't like that speech so I'm not going to sponsor or advertise at your games. And it's the right of the owners in the NBA to say well fuck, we don't like that this dipshit is costing us money so we're not going to let him use our business to promote his fate speech.
What i am wary of the is the same advertisers a few decades ago were respectful of Christian values for profits and now promote the worst we can be for profits. And the latter is destruction.

What i am wary of the is the same advertisers a few decades ago were respectful of Christian values for profits and now promote the worst we can be for profits. And the latter is destruction.
Yea. You morons seem to be confused about capitalism. It doesn’t care about your values. It values profits.

Forum List

Back