KT McFarland: Trump and Bolton – this is when I knew it wasn't going to end well

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
FoxNews

KT McFarland: Trump and Bolton – this is when I knew it wasn't going to end well
By K.T. McFarland

June 22, 2020

Excerpt:

On Election Day 2016 I was in the green room at Fox News in midtown Manhattan waiting to go on the air, as was Ambassador John Bolton.

I asked John if he had already voted, to which he replied, “Yes, for Trump. He’s an idiot, but anybody is better than Hillary Clinton.”

That’s why I had my doubts when Bolton lobbied so aggressively for and became President Trump’s national security adviser less than two years later.

RICHARD MANNING: BOLTON BOOK'S LIES ARE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL

I figured it would be a rocky ride for them both and predicted it wouldn’t end well.

First, they had very different approaches to foreign policy. Trump’s first priority was to rebuild the economy, then use it as leverage to renegotiate trade deals. He would use the bully pulpit to get our security allies to increase their contributions to our mutual defense.

LINK

======

It appears Bolton is a lonely free shooter for himself, as more and more people are calling this long known war monger a liar about what he wrote in the book.

Nobody thought it was a good idea. Well, outside of those who profit off of war.

Forum List

Back