Kohberger's Goose is Cooked

Just no. If the phone is powered off you cant see the current location of the phone unless it hasnt moved since you turned if off. If you turn your phone off in NY and fly to LA and someone tries to find your phone the system will only know where your phone was when you turned it off.

"
And the main question: can mobile phones be tracked when they are turned off? The answer to this question depends on the phone. In case you have an iPhone, you can use the Find my device app to discover the location of the phone. But keep in mind that the location detected will be the one where the phone was last turned off. In case it has been moved in the meantime you will not be able to know exactly where it is using this app. Another tool you can use to find turned off iOS devices is ‘Bluetooth location’. This feature needs to be turned on beforehand so you can use it to find your phone.

An option you can use with your Android device is to check your Google location history. In case your phone is connected to a Google account, you will be able to see the movement of your phone and discover its last location where it was switched on.

Is there a difference between a switched off phone and a phone whose battery has died?

Technically, it doesn’t matter if your mobile device is just turned off or the battery is dead. In both cases, the phone no longer emits a signal and is not connected to the Internet, so it is necessary to take the steps we mentioned, which will depend on the type of phone you have."

You are either lying about having a friend who's a VP of a telecom company or your friend is a moron who was talking out of his ass.

The phone is ALWAYS drawing power. Even when it is turned off.

It's not the authorities saying your phone can't be traced if its off, it's McAfee.

The only way your phone can be tracked if its off is if its been infected with a virus that keeps it on in the background.

McAfee, the same guy who couldn't figure out how to get rid of his own programming?

Sorry, he ain't credible.

I've been searching for picture of Kohberger at a Trump rally or posing with Trump or wearing a MAGA hat.

I can't for the life of me figure out why.

McAfee, the same guy who couldn't figure out how to get rid of his own programming?

Sorry, he ain't credible.

And I posted another website that said the same thing.

But the only way NSA could track switched-off phones must be by infecting the handsets with Trojans. That would force the handsets to continue emitting a signal even if the phone is in standby mode unless the battery is removed.

Sorry, that dude was lying. If you turn a cell phone off and take the phone in a car around the country you cannot be tracked. That is, unless the very unlikely event of your phone being infected with a trojan horse virus that keeps it on even if it's off, has been installed. This is according to an NSA special operations officer that was interviewed. I guess he's not reliable, huh?

Last edited:

But the only way NSA could track switched-off phones must be by infecting the handsets with Trojans. That would force the handsets to continue emitting a signal even if the phone is in standby mode unless the battery is removed.

Sorry, that dude was lying. If you turn a cell phone off and take the phone in a car around the country you cannot be tracked.

Your own link says that they can. The only way to prevent it is by removing the battery.

Your own link says that they can. The only way to prevent it is by removing the battery.

NO, my own link says they CAN'T UNLESS THEY HAVE A TROJAN VIRUS. God damn dude, fucking read. I even fucking posted the shit in fucking BOLD.

Sorry, that dude was lying. If you turn a cell phone off and take the phone in a car around the country you cannot be tracked. That is, unless the very unlikely event of your phone being infected with a trojan horse virus that keeps it on even if it's off, has been installed. This is according to an NSA special operations officer that was interviewed. I guess he's not reliable, huh?
Read an article sometime ago where they claimed NSA could access your computer through 110 volt lines to your house.
Would not surpise me in the least.

Read an article sometime ago where they claimed NSA could access your computer through 110 volt lines to your house.
Would not surpise me in the least.

Yea that's bull. The power supply has no way of accessing anything on the computer. I built computers, I know.

Again, the only way that can happen is by a spy inserting a radio transmitter into the computer.

Yea that's bull. The power supply has no way of accessing anything on the computer. I built computers, I know.
You sure?

LONDON - A well-known privacy advocate has given the public an unusually explicit peek into the intelligence world's tool box, pulling back the curtain on the National Security Agency's arsenal of high-tech spy gear.

Independent journalist and security expert Jacob Appelbaum on Monday told a hacker conference in Germany that the NSA could turn iPhones into eavesdropping tools and use radar wave devices to harvest electronic information from computer even if they weren't online.

You sure?

LONDON - A well-known privacy advocate has given the public an unusually explicit peek into the intelligence world's tool box, pulling back the curtain on the National Security Agency's arsenal of high-tech spy gear.

Independent journalist and security expert Jacob Appelbaum on Monday told a hacker conference in Germany that the NSA could turn iPhones into eavesdropping tools and use radar wave devices to harvest electronic information from computer even if they weren't online.

Back in the 1980's a good friend of mine worked for Hughes Aircraft, and he told me about a security briefing that they got from the NSA. They showed him a screen print that they had taken from an airplane flying 3,000 feet over his building. They had claimed that they took the picture through a window, but he knew that that was impossible. So the only way they could have done it was THROUGH the roof.

Ban K-Bars. They’re ‘Assault Knives’ no one needs them.

cooked-goose-1080x567.jpg

~S~

Back in the 1980's a good friend of mine worked for Hughes Aircraft, and he told me about a security briefing that they got from the NSA. They showed him a screen print that they had taken from an airplane flying 3,000 feet over his building. They had claimed that they took the picture through a window, but he knew that that was impossible. So the only way they could have done it was THROUGH the roof.
The NSA doesn’t do imagery. That‘s a different intelligence agency. NSA does SIGINT. My God you’re an idiot.

The NSA doesn’t do imagery. That‘s a different intelligence agency. NSA does SIGINT. My God you’re an idiot.

Shows just how little you know. I suggest you read a very old book called The Puzzle Palace.

My gosh, it's amazing how ignorant you are.

Shows just how little you know. I suggest you read a very old book called The Puzzle Palace.

My gosh, it's amazing how ignorant you are.
I worked at and for the NSA for 25 years champ. Im relatively certain about what they do.

Mission

The National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA/CSS) leads the U.S. Government in cryptology that encompasses both signals intelligence (SIGINT) insights and cybersecurity products and services, and enables computer network operations to gain a decisive advantage for the nation and our allies. Throughout the site, NSA/CSS will be referred to collectively as NSA.

NGA is the imagery intel agency.

Maybe you should do a modicum of research before you run your mouth. You might look a bit less like a moron.

Forum List

Back