Kohberger's Goose is Cooked

The cell phone towers are always pinging phones. All they had to do was get the records and start eliminating possibles.
Not when they are turned off they arent. Phones are constantly pinging the towers either, unless you're changing cells or it needs to establish a connection from some reason. If I set my phone on my desk all day and dont touch it, it will have only "pinged" the tower a couple of times that day. If I turn my phone off in cell a and drive to cell b the tower in cell b wont register that phone unless I turn it back on. Driving to a crime scene with your phone on in your pocket and then turning it off in the driveway before you head in to murder 4 people really wouldnt do you much good anyway as the cell tower will have a record of your phone being in it's cell and the time. Cell towers aren't routinely geolocating every phone in their network all the time.

Here’s how often and when a cell phone pings the cell towers:

The number of pings primarily depends on phone usage.

A phone will ping when it gets close to a new tower, when you change the connection status and when it needs to establish a connection (such as for a phone call).

If left completely passive and stationary, most phones send a handful of pings each day.

One of the most common times a phone will ping is when you use airplane mode.

The software is designed to send out a ping when you go into airplane mode.

This establishes your location before the phone becomes unreachable from the carrier network.

After this ping goes out, the phone will be incapable of communicating with the carrier network until airplane mode is turned off.

Graduate of Criminal Justice major left his cell phone on while murdering victims.
Evidently he left his bowie knife scabbard at the crime scene, with his DNA on it.
Thank God criminals are so stupid.

• Police believe the suspect charged with killing 4 University of Idaho students returned to the crime scene hours later.
  • Police tracked Bryan Kohberger's cell phone movement that day and saw that it returned to the students' home at 9:21 a.m.
  • 911 was not called to report the crime until later that day, at 11:58 a.m.
Trial, conviction and sentencing before year end

Not when they are turned off they arent. Phones are constantly pinging the towers either, unless you're changing cells or it needs to establish a connection from some reason. If I set my phone on my desk all day and dont touch it, it will have only "pinged" the tower a couple of times that day. If I turn my phone off in cell a and drive to cell b the tower in cell b wont register that phone unless I turn it back on. Driving to a crime scene with your phone on in your pocket and then turning it off in the driveway before you head in to murder 4 people really wouldnt do you much good anyway as the cell tower will have a record of your phone being in it's cell and the time. Cell towers aren't routinely geolocating every phone in their network all the time.

Here’s how often and when a cell phone pings the cell towers:

The number of pings primarily depends on phone usage.

A phone will ping when it gets close to a new tower, when you change the connection status and when it needs to establish a connection (such as for a phone call).

If left completely passive and stationary, most phones send a handful of pings each day.

One of the most common times a phone will ping is when you use airplane mode.

The software is designed to send out a ping when you go into airplane mode.

This establishes your location before the phone becomes unreachable from the carrier network.

After this ping goes out, the phone will be incapable of communicating with the carrier network until airplane mode is turned off.

Yes, even when they are turned off. A good friend of mine is a retired VP from a major telecom company.

They call it an undocumented feature.

Remove the Sim card, and then it is a different story.

One or two of these cute murdered girls spurned Kohberger's advances.
He decided to get even while satisfying his curiosity of murderer's thoughts and actions
he researched for years.

If not for that K-Bar sheath he left behind, he might have gotten away with it.

Killer psychopath changed his license plates days after the four victims were stabbed to death.
Heck I change my license plates for no reason, don't you?

Bryan Kohberger
Latah County Jail
522 S. Adams Street

Moscow, ID 83843

Send killer a postcard telling him how proud his parents should be of him
and how he won't be getting laid ever again, only 28 years old.

They can still ping your phone even when it is off.

Just an FYI for you....
Yeah. I got a notification on my phone from Google yesterday informing me that I've driven more in the mother of December than any other time. Then it showed me where I've been every day of December.

I think I'm gonna start leaving my real phone home and just keep a burner phone on my car in case of emergencies. Not doing anything, but that was pretty creepy

Graduate of Criminal Justice major left his cell phone on while murdering victims.
Evidently he left his bowie knife scabbard at the crime scene, with his DNA on it.

• Police believe the suspect charged with killing 4 University of Idaho students returned to the crime scene hours later.
  • Police tracked Bryan Kohberger's cell phone movement that day and saw that it returned to the students' home at 9:21 a.m.

He may have had an "oh, shit" moment and went back to the crime scene after he realized that the sheath to his knife was missing. That sheath could be a key piece of evidence.

Last edited:
He got bad advice from his teacher, the BTK killer
It's weird that BCK's teacher, Dr. Katherine Ramsland, at DeSales University actually co-wrote BTK's autobiography. It makes me wonder if BCK is also a serial killer who was inspired by BTK.

51gO16Zf+QL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Last edited:
Any prospective juror who says he "has no opinion" on the accused's guilt is LYING!

Yes, even when they are turned off. A good friend of mine is a retired VP from a major telecom company.

And a good friend of yours was lying to you.

Phones do not ping towers when off.

A phone that is turned off is difficult to track because it stops sending signals to cell towers. However, the service provider or internet provider can show the last location once it’s switched back on.

They also said the guy turned his phone off before he committed the crime and turned it back on later. They do not know his whereabouts when his phone was off.

And a good friend of yours was lying to you.

Phones do not ping towers when off.

They also said the guy turned his phone off before he committed the crime and turned it back on later. They do not know his whereabouts when his phone was off.

No, he wasn't lying to me. And there is plenty that the "authorities" will tell you that isn't true.

As we have seen many, many, many times.

No, he wasn't lying to me. And there is plenty that the "authorities" will tell you that isn't true.

As we have seen many, many, many times.

It's not the authorities saying your phone can't be traced if its off, it's McAfee.

The only way your phone can be tracked if its off is if its been infected with a virus that keeps it on in the background.

Last edited:

Just no. If the phone is powered off you cant see the current location of the phone unless it hasnt moved since you turned if off. If you turn your phone off in NY and fly to LA and someone tries to find your phone the system will only know where your phone was when you turned it off.

"
And the main question: can mobile phones be tracked when they are turned off? The answer to this question depends on the phone. In case you have an iPhone, you can use the Find my device app to discover the location of the phone. But keep in mind that the location detected will be the one where the phone was last turned off. In case it has been moved in the meantime you will not be able to know exactly where it is using this app. Another tool you can use to find turned off iOS devices is ‘Bluetooth location’. This feature needs to be turned on beforehand so you can use it to find your phone.

An option you can use with your Android device is to check your Google location history. In case your phone is connected to a Google account, you will be able to see the movement of your phone and discover its last location where it was switched on.

Is there a difference between a switched off phone and a phone whose battery has died?

Technically, it doesn’t matter if your mobile device is just turned off or the battery is dead. In both cases, the phone no longer emits a signal and is not connected to the Internet, so it is necessary to take the steps we mentioned, which will depend on the type of phone you have."

You are either lying about having a friend who's a VP of a telecom company or your friend is a moron who was talking out of his ass.

Pull the battery instead of the sim.
I had problems with my batt going dead almost daily and realized it was from keeping my phone in a metal desk drawer when I was in the plant, poor little guy was calling to mama and got no reply.
I mean by a woman. Prison rape is not my definition of "getting laid." Maybe it is yours.
Depends which end of the pecker you're on.

Forum List

Back