Knight Execution - This is Disgusting!

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
I have a hard time believing this piece of human scum wasn't executed a long time ago. Would have saved lives.

Thomas Knight #1360

Knight’s dark history

July 17, 1974 – Thomas Knight kidnaps and murders Sydney and Lillian Gans of Bay Harbor Islands. He is immediately arrested.

September 1974 – Knight and 10 other inmates escape from Dade County jail. He is placed on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List.

October 1974 – Police believe Knight and another man fatally shoot a liquor store clerk during a robbery for $641 in Crisp County, GA. He is not charged.

December 1974 – FBI agents capture Knight in New Smyrna Beach. He is found with a shotgun and two pistols, all stolen.

April 1976 – A Miami-Dade jury convicts Knight of murdering the couple. He is sentenced to death.

October 1980 – Using a sharpened spoon, Knight stabs and kills corrections Officer Richard Burke at the Florida State Prison in Starke.

March 1981 – Knight is scheduled to be executed after Gov. Lawton Chiles signs his death warrant. A federal judge stays his execution pending more appeals.

January 1983 – Knight is convicted and sentenced to death for the Burke murder.

January 1996 – A federal appeals court overturns his death sentence in the Gans case, ordering a new penalty phase trial.

February 1996 – After a new sentencing phase, Knight is again sentenced to death. He is repeatedly banned from the courtroom because of his disruptive behavior.

March 2006 – With state courts repeatedly affirming his conviction and sentence, Knight’s lawyers appeal to a Miami federal judge.

November 2012 – Six years after the appeal was first filed, Miami U.S. Judge Adalberto Jordan reverses Knight’s death sentence. He orders a new sentencing hearing or life sentences for the convict.

September 2013 – A federal appeals court reverses Judge Jordan, reinstating the death penalty for Knight. “To learn about the gridlock and inefficiency of death penalty litigation, look no further than this appeal,” the court writes.

October 2013 – Gov. Rick Scott signs death warrant for Knight, not for the Miami-Dade murders but for the slaying of Burke. The execution is scheduled for Dec. 3.

November 2013 – The Florida Supreme Court delays the execution, ordering a Bradford judge to hold a hearing to consider whether a new drug used in the lethal injection procedure constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

December 2013 – The state’s high court lifts the stay of execution after ruling Knight has failed to prove the drug is unsafe. Gov. Rick Scott re-schedules the execution for Jan. 7.

Jacksonville.Com

"Florida executes Askari Abdullah Muhammad (Thomas Knight) for killing guard, couple," by Tamara Lush. (Jan 8, 2014 - 7:06am)

Last edited:
Almost got away again:

The U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear his final appeals, but Justice Stephen Breyer said in a dissent he would have granted a stay to hear Muhammad's (Knight) claims that it may be unconstitutional to execute an inmate after such a long time on death row.

Fucking asshole judges!

It's a great pity the cops didn't shoot the bastard whilst he was evading arrest, known to be armed with a bunch of guns so they had reasonable excuse.

The human rights lot go on about the death penalty but never moan about murderers.
Screw the silly bastards.

The scumbag was sentenced to death in 1976, killed again and lived to 2014! I can't imagine anyone wanting this person to live.

Many fools think the death penalty is evil, but they want murderers to get the chance of parole, leaving them able to kill again.
Doesn't really work, does it?

Or the darlings of the far right who were let into the CIA and rocket industry to avoid punishment for the foibles in Nazi Germany.

The difference between those Nazis and Mr. Horton?

Horton could have been elected President....perhaps with more clear legal footing than your present Messiah! He was, after all, a natural born American whose role in politics cannot be disputed.

It was he who singlehandedly prevented America from suffering what might have been proven a presidency worse than that you are currently enjoying!

I am opposed to the death penalty no matter the crime. This guy had the right to appeal his sentence as many times as he pleased, until the court put a stop to it.

Why not invite him to live in your home? The court might accept that willingness as an expression that you'd responsibility for any unintended consequences! Write an old-fashioned letter today! Not just an e-mail that might be viewed as insufficiently dedicated.

Why not invite him to live in your home? The court might accept that willingness as an expression that you'd responsibility for any unintended consequences! Write an old-fashioned letter today! Not just an e-mail that might be viewed as insufficiently dedicated.

He is a criminal who deserves to be behind bars. Not necessarily killed.

It is why I believe that people sentenced to death should be executed within 30 days after the sentence is received.

The scumbag was sentenced to death in 1976, killed again and lived to 2014! I can't imagine anyone wanting this person to live.

I want him to live. ...wanted, the state execution-homicided him in a death chamber.
He's alive no more.

If the incompetent state had had an escape-proof prison he would never have escaped and killed again.
Easy to build an escape-proof prison.

If the state had had a proper and secure system within the prison he would never have been able to kill the guard.
Easy to have a prison where the inmates can't kill the guards.

The state walked him into its death chamber alive [or dragged him in kicking and screaming]...and wheeled him out dead.

To many people it's barbaric.
Barbaric in Indonesia, barbaric in Malaysia, barbaric in Thailand, barbaric in Singapore, and barbaric in Florida, Texas etc.

It is why I believe that people sentenced to death should be executed within 30 days after the sentence is received.

Just lucky Sabrina Butler and Ray Krone weren't sentenced under your system.

Female death row exoneree Sabrina Butler shares story with students | Death Penalty |Axisoflogic.com

Female death row exoneree Sabrina Butler shares story with students

When you hear her story it sounds like a nightmare. At age 17, Sabrina Butler had a nine-month old son with a heart murmur who stopped breathing in his crib. After a frantic half hour the baby arrived in the emergency room but doctors were unable to revive him.

The next day Butler was arrested for child abuse due to the bruises left by resuscitation attempts and in March 1990 was wrongfully convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death row. At the age most teenagers are attending college, Sabrina Butler was sequestered in an isolated Mississippi death row ward staring down the needle of lethal injection.

"The security guard said to me, you see this place right here? You'll be here for the rest of your life. We tell you when to get up, we tell you when to lay down. We tell you when to eat and when to sleep. You'll never get out." Butler said last Monday, tears welling in her eyes, "Every time I talk about it I get emotional because I can't change the past but it's affecting my future."

Five years after her wrongful conviction Butler was granted an appellate trial and was exonerated in 1995 by the state of Mississippi and released from prison. Two years and nine months of Butler's incarceration were spent on death row. The District Attorney who wrongly convicted Butler still retains the office.

_________________________________________________________________________________
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Krone

Ray Krone (born January 19, 1957) is an American who was wrongfully convicted of murder. Krone holds the distinction of being, as of November 2010,[1][2] the 100th inmate exonerated from death row since the death sentence was reinstated in 1976.

Krone was born and raised in Dover Township, York County, Pennsylvania, and graduated from Dover Area High School in 1974.

Krone was labeled "the snaggle tooth killer" (a feature which has since been corrected) and spent 10 years in prison, including two years on death row, after being found guilty of killing a Phoenix, Arizona bartender in 1991. The woman was found dead in a bar where Krone played darts. On April 8, 2002, Krone left prison after DNA evidence proved that he did not murder the victim.

Krone has since become an activist working for the abolition of the death penalty.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back