Klobuchar: "after Parkland, Trump told me he was for background checks 9 times, next day he met with the NRA & changed mind" & she still has the notes

The last I checked, every state in the U.S., conducts background checks on anyone purchasing a firearm.

But a Red Flag Law could have stopped them. Family had serious problems with them & could have flagged them if it were allowed. Florida has it, called the Baker Act.
New York has Red Flag Laws... and the Buffalo shooter threatened to shoot up his school... Was investigated by police and a psychologist... And deemed not a threat.

But a Red Flag Law could have stopped them. Family had serious problems with them & could have flagged them if it were allowed. Florida has it, called the Baker Act.
What grounds for a "Red Flag Law" taking were there in the case of the Uvalde Shooter?

The last I checked, every state in the U.S., conducts background checks on anyone purchasing a firearm.
Yes and no. Federal law requires background checks if you buy through an FFL dealer but not for private transfers that do not.

Klobuchar says she wrote about it on a piece of paper which she still keeps at her home

She may be telling the truth. Trump had no idea what "Universal Background Checks" meant until it was explained to him in a meeting with his boys and an NRA representative.

Klobuchar says she wrote about it on a piece of paper which she still keeps at her home

THis is bullshit. Democrat style bullshit. Trump had NO ISSUES with NICS program, as long as the personal data was not archived. Neither do I --- neither do most gun owners OR the NRA.. Wouldn't expect YOU to know this -- so here's your link. You've been triggered by lying politician.

In fact, the NICS – the National Instant Criminal Background System – was the legislation that the NRA supported at its very inception and has consistently supported since.

Dana Loesch has recently been outspoken on the need for the NICS database to include more complete records. This is not just a problem of the States not supplying complete records, but of federal agencies themselves that haven’t bothered to follow federal law and report convictions.

Tell Klobachar to stop being a lying drama queen. And do a little research on the stuff you read. There are almost NO trusted sources anymore. ESPECIALLY, Twitter and Facebook.

Baker act is difficult to trigger if families or law enforcement are NOT the initiating party. And the families in the past weeks shootings have been NON-EXISTENT or damaged themselves. THERE ARE a whole bunch of guilty parties that MISSED the opportunity to get together and compare notes on these kids. And I oppose Red Flag laws that can be triggered OUTSIDE of family or law enforcement. INCLUDING and especially state and federal agencies.

IF ANYTHING -- and I'm gonna say this here, because the OPost is not an issue -- I am FULL Libertarian on the Bill of Rights and freedom/liberty in this country. But MAYBE NOW -- after seeing the MOST COMMON thing between these recent tragedies is the 18 to 21 ages of them. You cannot purchase a handgun until 21. And as much as it PAINS ME TO ADMIT THIS -- I dont think kids are maturing as fast as they USED to. They dont live in the real world for more than 4 or 6 hours a day.

SO -- I fully back restricting LONG guns purchases NOW til age 21 -- with the exception of LONG GUNS that dont and cant use any kind of clip or magazine.

Baker act is difficult to trigger if families or law enforcement are NOT the initiating party. And the families in the past weeks shootings have been NON-EXISTENT or damaged themselves. THERE ARE a whole bunch of guilty parties that MISSED the opportunity to get together and compare notes on these kids. And I oppose Red Flag laws that can be triggered OUTSIDE of family or law enforcement. INCLUDING and especially state and federal agencies.

IF ANYTHING -- and I'm gonna say this here, because the OPost is not an issue -- I am FULL Libertarian on the Bill of Rights and freedom/liberty in this country. But MAYBE NOW -- after seeing the MOST COMMON thing between these recent tragedies is the 18 to 21 ages of them. You cannot purchase a handgun until 21. And as much as it PAINS ME TO ADMIT THIS -- I dont think kids are maturing as fast as they USED to. They dont live in the real world for more than 4 or 6 hours a day.

SO -- I fully back restricting LONG guns purchases NOW til age 21 -- with the exception of LONG GUNS that dont and cant use any kind of clip or magazine.
If we're going to move the age up we need to move the voting age and age of majority up as well.

If you're an adult, you're an adult and you have a serious problem with the 14th Amendment with age restrictions prior to the age of majority.

On store sales or if coming from online through a local dealer.

If you're going to change the law, go all the way. No drinking, no voting, no signing contracts, no nothing until age 21. If an 18 year old isn't mature enough to drink or own a gun, they aren't mature enough to vote.

Background Check has been ongoing since the 1990's thus your lying claim here is from the Twilight Zone, from the FBI website:

National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)​

"NICS Process

When a person tries to buy a firearm, the seller, known as a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL), contacts NICS electronically or by phone. The prospective buyer fills out the ATF form, and the FFL relays that information to the NICS. The NICS staff performs a background check on the buyer. That background check verifies the buyer does not have a criminal record or isn't otherwise ineligible to purchase or own a firearm. Since launching in 1998, more than 300 million checks have been done, leading to more than 1.5 million denials."

LINK

If we're going to move the age up we need to move the voting age and age of majority up as well.

If you're an adult, you're an adult and you have a serious problem with the 14th Amendment with age restrictions prior to the age of majority.
They have already moved liquor and cigarettes back to 21. To get a CDL Class A is also 21. I would leave the voting age and age of majority, ability to sign contracts etc alone, but I would move the age to purchase rifles to 25.
1653633777410.png

1653633854270.png

1653634042009.png

I saw this in my military career as well as my civilian supervisory/management career. In the military, this is enhanced by applied discipline, training and close supervision, especially where weapons are involved, but the civilian population does not usually have that kind of discipline, growing up. They say, the Army will make a man out of you, and in many ways, it does.

These guys both passed background checks.
The background check failed. The Buffalo shooter should have been red flagged.

And the high school shooter would have been stopped if there was a law you can't buy a gun until you are 21.

They have already moved liquor and cigarettes back to 21. To get a CDL Class A is also 21. I would leave the voting age and age of majority, ability to sign contracts etc alone, but I would move the age to purchase rifles to 25.
View attachment 650423
View attachment 650424
View attachment 650427

I saw this in my military career as well as my civilian supervisory/management career. In the military, this is enhanced by applied discipline, training and close supervision, especially where weapons are involved, but the civilian population does not usually have that kind of discipline, growing up. They say, the Army will make a man out of you, and in many ways, it does.
We get into serious constitutional problems basing laws on age and sex beyond the age of majority.

If you aren't an adult you aren't an adult and have no business doing adult things without supervision.

If you aren't old enough to by liquor, cigarettes, and guns you aren't old enough to vote of sign contracts either.

The background check failed. The Buffalo shooter should have been red flagged.

And the high school shooter would have been stopped if there was a law you can't buy a gun until you are 21.
No, he would not have been stopped if he was determined to pull this off. Damned few crimes committed with firearms are committed with legally owned or acquired firearms.

Forum List

Back