Klobuchar: "after Parkland, Trump told me he was for background checks 9 times, next day he met with the NRA & changed mind" & she still has the notes

sandy-hook-tweet.jpg
Trump was famous for talking out of his ass long before taking office in 2017.

The background check failed. The Buffalo shooter should have been red flagged.

And the high school shooter would have been stopped if there was a law you can't buy a gun until you are 21.

There was no Red Flag for the killer because he was deemed not a danger last year which is why he passed the Background Check.

If we're going to move the age up we need to move the voting age and age of majority up as well.

If you're an adult, you're an adult and you have a serious problem with the 14th Amendment with age restrictions prior to the age of majority.

That's why it pains me to suggest limiting long guns by TYPE, til 21.

Dems want the voting age LOWERED. In past generations this would be a debate. NOW -- it really isn't because "maturity" meant EXPERIENCING real life, real interactions with people and an AWARENESS of what's going on in the world.

And now it doesn't happen as quickly -- unless maybe you enlist.

So I actually support only LIMITED long guns until 21. EVEN IF you're a vet. But I don't think voting is the same issue of maturity. Lots of immature older people vote. They MIGHT even be PSYCH cases. Like all the women on "The View" -- LOL.. And as dangerous as voting wrong can be -- right Brandon? :biggrin: - it doesn't empower SOLE psychos and immature teens to be killers.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun." - Donald Trump,The America We Deserve

That's why it pains me to suggest a type of long gun ban til 21. Dems want the voting age LOWERED. In past generations this would be a debate. NOW -- it really isn't because "maturity" meant EXPERIENCING real life, real interactions with people and an AWARENESS of what's going on in the world.

And now it doesn't happen as quickly -- unless maybe you enlist.

So I actually support only LIMITED long guns until 21. EVEN IF you're a vet. But I don't think voting is the same issue of maturity. Lots of immature older people vote. They MIGHT even be PSYCH cases. LOL.. And as dangerous as voting wrong can be -- right Brandon? :biggrin: - it doesn't empower SOLE psychos and immature teens to be killers.
You're building this constitutional case out of glass, it won't fly.

We're long past the point in time where we need a single standard across the board and personally I'd be fine it if was set at 25.

Background Check has been ongoing since the 1990's thus your lying claim here is from the Twilight Zone, from the FBI website:

National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)​

"NICS Process

When a person tries to buy a firearm, the seller, known as a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL), contacts NICS electronically or by phone. The prospective buyer fills out the ATF form, and the FFL relays that information to the NICS. The NICS staff performs a background check on the buyer. That background check verifies the buyer does not have a criminal record or isn't otherwise ineligible to purchase or own a firearm. Since launching in 1998, more than 300 million checks have been done, leading to more than 1.5 million denials."

LINK
This isnt' what they are proposing, they are proposing BCG's for private transfers as well even if you just loan a gun to a family member or friend.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun." - Donald Trump,The America We Deserve

Why don't you admit that Klobuchar LIED since the Background Check was already in place in the 1990's long before he took office in January 2017.

We get into serious constitutional problems basing laws on age and sex beyond the age of majority.

If you aren't an adult you aren't an adult and have no business doing adult things without supervision.

If you aren't old enough to by liquor, cigarettes, and guns you aren't old enough to vote of sign contracts either.
I recognize the logic of that. Guess I would have to go with 21, then.

What are your feelings on constitutional carry of long guns and stop and frisk policing whether it hair lips some groups or not? That was one sentence but, really two unrelated topics, but you ought to be use to my English grammar and run-on sentences by now.

I recognize the logic of that. Guess I would have to go with 21, then.

What are your feelings on constitutional carry of long guns and stop and frisk policing whether it hair lips some groups or not? That was one sentence but, really two unrelated topics, but you ought to be use to my English grammar and run-on sentences by now.
The people open carrying of long or hand guns are not the people committing crimes with them so it's a non issue for me.

Stop, QUESTION, and frisk worked and it's a voluntary interaction with police so I have no problem with that either.

Police are free to have a consensual encounter with the public and to do a cursory frisk for weapons doesn't violate our rights.

Citizens that don't want to be searched are free to walk away and walking away does not give them RAS nor Probable cause to detain or arrest you.

The people open carrying of long or hand guns are not the people committing crimes with them so it's a non issue for me.

Stop, QUESTION, and frisk worked and it's a voluntary interaction with police so I have no problem with that either.

Police are free to have a consensual encounter with the public and to do a cursory frisk for weapons doesn't violate our rights.

Citizens that don't want to be searched are free to walk away and walking away does not give them RAS nor Probable cause to detain or arrest you.
Agreed, pretty much down your whole post. The shooting at the grocery store was not an open carry of long guns state. Texas is, but not what that shooting was about. I don't remember the big night club shooting in Florida or if they can open carry ARs, but I am down there reasonably often and have never seen anyone carrying a long gun.

Agreed, pretty much down your whole post. The shooting at the grocery store was not an open carry of long guns state. Texas is, but not what that shooting was about. I don't remember the big night club shooting in Florida or if they can open carry ARs, but I am down there reasonably often and have never seen anyone carrying a long gun.
You can under certain circumstances and again, open carry was not an issue in that shooting either.

There is no better deterrent than the knowledge one will meet armed resistance if you start shooting the place up.

You can under certain circumstances and again, open carry was not an issue in that shooting either.

There is no better deterrent than the knowledge one will meet armed resistance if you start shooting the place up.
That bar thing in Florida, was strange in a state where CCW was and is popular and legal to take into a bar, that the shooter in that gay night club did not encounter a carrier, permitted or not. With 300 people in a closed environment, you don't even have to aim and if using M855 you will most likely get multiple hits with every round.

You're building this constitutional case out of glass, it won't fly.

We're long past the point in time where we need a single standard across the board and personally I'd be fine it if was set at 25.

I'm starting a thread on this topic over in Clean Debate. Dont want to totally derail this one. But briefly, it's a solid case. The right to own and carry firearms IS an individual right divorced from the "miltia" concept by SCOTUS law -- BUT -- a militia wouldn't ACCEPT most of these school shooters and neither should we. And if they DID -- they'd have invested in FIXING the mental clarity required to carry a firearm into battle. Clearly, all these kids shooting up schools are not mature enough to make decisions to take a life. They haven't learned the value of REAL ACTUAL life because of time spent in the virtual world and gaming. Follow this over to the new thread.

That bar thing in Florida, was strange in a state where CCW was and is popular and legal to take into a bar, that the shooter in that gay night club did not encounter a carrier, permitted or not. With 300 people in a closed environment, you don't even have to aim and if using M855 you will most likely get multiple hits with every round.
You cannot legally carry into bars in Florida.

I'm starting a thread on this topic over in Clean Debate. Dont want to totally derail this one. But briefly, it's a solid case. The right to own and carry firearms IS an individual right divorced from the "miltia" concept by SCOTUS law -- BUT -- a militia wouldn't ACCEPT most of these school shooters and neither should we. And if they DID -- they'd have invested in FIXING the mental clarity required to carry a firearm into battle. Clearly, all these kids shooting up schools are not mature enough to make decisions to take a life. They haven't learned the value of REAL ACTUAL life because of time spent in the virtual world and gaming. Follow this over to the new thread.
Take a look around Ukraine, right now anyone with a pulse who can handle a rifle is being given one.

The unorganized militia has no minimum standards so that really won't fly constitutionally either.

You cannot legally carry into bars in Florida.

I stand corrected. I thought I had read somewhere you were ok as long as you did not get over 1.0 (basically soused) and that did not even matter if involved for self defense.

I stand corrected. I thought I had read somewhere you were ok as long as you did not get over 1.0 (basically soused) and that did not even matter if involved for self defense.
You probably did, there's exponentially more BS online than fact.

But a Red Flag Law could have stopped them. Family had serious problems with them & could have flagged them if it were allowed. Florida has it, called the Baker Act.
The Police were called 18 times to the home of the Parkland's shooter's house because of his behavior. This is Florida

Forum List

Back