KKK Leader : 'We're A Christian Organization'

They can "identify" as Christians all they want, but that's about as substantive as Rachel Dolezal "identifying" as black. "Christian" is reflected in action, or it's not for real.

That leaves you with a serious dilemma, that being -----
WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.
No dilemma whatsoever. The behavior of a Christian is very clearly laid out by Jesus Himself. The fact that so many who call themselves Christians don't behave that way in no way invalidates the standard.

You COMPLETELY failed to address the question at all. Airball.

See what I mean by "dilemma"?
On the contrary, nothing but net. "Who" decides is irrelevant, because the standard was established long ago. This isn't like the American Constitution, which can mean opposing things on alternate days because a judge decides to flip a vote.

Umm.... no Sploogie. WHO decides is absolutely crucial. Without a WHO, there can be no decision. We just go "A says yes, B says no". That's not a decision. I mean break a brain sweat and THINK about it.
I'm sorry you apparently are having difficulty producing splooge, but that's irrelevant, and I'm not sure why you brought it up. Anyway, the standard is clear. Actions can be held up to it for examination. It is clear to me, for example, that treating a group of people as inferior because of the color of their skin fails Jesus' command to love one another. Is it not also clear to you, or do you need a governing body to tell you that?

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.
No dilemma whatsoever. The behavior of a Christian is very clearly laid out by Jesus Himself. The fact that so many who call themselves Christians don't behave that way in no way invalidates the standard.

On the contrary, nothing but net. "Who" decides is irrelevant, because the standard was established long ago. This isn't like the American Constitution, which can mean opposing things on alternate days because a judge decides to flip a vote.

Umm.... no Sploogie. WHO decides is absolutely crucial. Without a WHO, there can be no decision. We just go "A says yes, B says no". That's not a decision. I mean break a brain sweat and THINK about it.
I'm sorry you apparently are having difficulty producing splooge, but that's irrelevant, and I'm not sure why you brought it up. Anyway, the standard is clear. Actions can be held up to it for examination. It is clear to me, for example, that treating a group of people as inferior because of the color of their skin fails Jesus' command to love one another. Is it not also clear to you, or do you need a governing body to tell you that?

You're still avoiding the question like the plague.

The question was WHO. If they say they are and you say they aren't --- who's to say which prevails?
Inconvenient, innit?

Yes we knew it all along

The leader of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is tired of “a few rogue Klansmen” ruining the group’s reputation, and argues that the group is a non-violent Christian organization.

KKK Leader Disputes Hate Group Label: 'We're A Christian Organization'

This is one of those things that is puzzling. They have identified as Christians since they began I think, but they burn crosses and churches.
They can "identify" as Christians all they want, but that's about as substantive as Rachel Dolezal "identifying" as black. "Christian" is reflected in action, or it's not for real.

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.
but what if the rub is, that Christ will decide if I'm a Christian (in the future on judgement day)
I admit that I'm probably the most shining example of a Christian. But there are those that are.
I'm not particularly one that runs' around and sez, "I'm Christian." I hope I meet that standard at the proper time.
And like many are saying on this thread that some are emphatic that some group say they are Christian. I hope I set a better example
I would think, that with the knowledge I have of the Lord's scheme of things; if I were to go out and hang a republican, or a black person, I would not be saved.

Last edited:

You're still avoiding the question like the plague.

The question was WHO. If they say they are and you say they aren't --- who's to say which prevails?
Inconvenient, innit?
Not at all inconvenient, because ultimately God is the judge. We won't always get it right, but He always will. Consider Matthew 13:24-40. There are and always will be fakes in the Church who will be destroyed.

Yes we knew it all along

The leader of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is tired of “a few rogue Klansmen” ruining the group’s reputation, and argues that the group is a non-violent Christian organization.

This is one of those things that is puzzling. They have identified as Christians since they began I think, but they burn crosses and churches.

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.

I remember playing bball with a guy that chucked up so many airballs I just started calling him AB.

Yes we knew it all along

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.
but what if the rub is, that Christ will decide if I'm a Christian (in the future on judgement day)
I admit that I'm probably the most shining example of a Christian. But there are those that are.
I'm not particularly one that runs' around and sez, "I'm Christian." I hope I meet that standard at the proper time.
And like many are saying on this thread that some are emphatic that some group say they are Christian. I hope I set a better example
King David is a prime example of someone we would consider a scoundrel, but God considered one after His own heart. He messed up, a lot, but when confronted he repented sincerely and took the consequences of his actions.

Yes we knew it all along

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.

Christ's been dead for two thousand years. We are here in the present. I posed him the question of who gets to be the arbiter on deciding "entity X" is "Christian" or "not-Christian". He can't answer that so he dances.

:dance:

Yes we knew it all along

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.
King David is a prime example of someone we would consider a scoundrel, but God considered one after His own heart. He messed up, a lot, but when confronted he repented sincerely and took the consequences of his actions.
Have to be a little bit careful there. Our jails are full of em.
Murder someone now and repent later, David got aw
Yes we knew it all along

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.

Christ's been dead for two thousand years. We are here in the present. I posed him the question of who gets to be the arbiter on deciding "entity X" is "Christian" or "not-Christian". He can't answer that so he dances.

Surely a person who reads the New Testament has some idea of it all. And in my opinion I just don't see it in the KKK.

Yes we knew it all along

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.

On the contrary, He is alive and well today, here in the present. His standard for who are His followers is very clear. Are you familiar with what He said, or do you need someone to explain it to you?

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.
Have to be a little bit careful there. Our jails are full of em.
Murder someone now and repent later, David got aw

Not totally. Remember that he paid for his sin. He lost a child because of adultery, for example, and was not allowed to build the temple because of the blood on his hands. IOW, past sin does not disqualify one from being renewed.

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.

On the contrary, He is alive and well today, here in the present. His standard for who are His followers is very clear. Are you familiar with what He said, or do you need someone to explain it to you?

See what I mean?

STILL dancing.
You can't just admit that I'm right. Dance dance dance.

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.

See what I mean?

STILL dancing.
Tell you what. Since you're so hung up on who decides (the answer is clear, BTW), give us a name.

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.

See what I mean?

STILL dancing.
Tell you what. Since you're so hung up on who decides (the answer is clear, BTW), give us a name.

A "name" --- for what?

This is MY question --- not yours. If anyone needs to give a name, that's on your end. If the answer is so "clear" --- how come you keep dancing around it?

See what I mean?

STILL dancing.

A "name" --- for what?

This is MY question --- not yours. If anyone needs to give a name, that's on your end. If the answer is so "clear" --- how come you keep dancing around it?
Because it is quite clear from Scripture that God is the judge. Did you look up the Scripture I gave you or do I need to post it in its entirety?

See what I mean?

STILL dancing.

A "name" --- for what?

Because it is quite clear from Scripture that God is the judge. Did you look up the Scripture I gave you or do I need to post it in its entirety?

----- and right back to the dance again.

Clearly you're too much of a coward to address this. All you do is waste everybody's time. You're dismissed. Aloha.

See what I mean?

STILL dancing.

A "name" --- for what?

----- and right back to the dance again.

Clearly you're too much of a coward to address this. All you do is waste everybody's time. You're dismissed. Aloha.
And greetings to you as well. Now that we have established that you have no idea what Scripture actually says and are not interested in finding out, we can ignore your input as irrelevant. The KKK cannot claim to be a "Christian" organization because it cannot demonstrate that its members are themselves Christians and that their activities line up with the standard Jesus set to determine who is one of His disciples and who is not. Note also that Jesus didn't talk a lot about organizations, but about the individual. Thus, being a member of a "Christian" organization no more confers Christian status on a person than does Rachel Dolezal claiming to be black changes her from a white woman to a black one, or Bruce Jenner claiming to be a woman change him from being a man.

B-but... but... they SAY they are!

Funny, when an Islamic political radical blows somebody up and claims it's in the name of "Islam" those guys are taken at their word. When Christians do it nobody believes them... are you saying Muslims are more honest than Christians then?

:eusa_think:
How can you make such a statement when I already said the kkk is not Christian

It's not a "statement" -- it's a comparison. And it's actually taking your claim uncontested.

So you are saying Muslims are more honest than Christians. Just wanted to clear that up: when a political radical yells "allahu akhbar" before committing a heinous act, he represents Islam; but when the Klan declares, "hey, we just Christians", they don't.

Interesting how that works.
Most of the questions around here are challenging questions and not info seeking. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
Whats the difference in challenging questions and info seeking questions? I thought all questions were info seeking questions.
When you work with at risk youth, you learn very quickly what a challenging question is.
They get in your face and say,"whadda mean I can't call my parents!!!!!!
info question would be: Mr. Weaver why can't I call my parents?
Those mean exactly the same thing. You just dont appreciate the tone and lack of respect you want them to exhibit.

Yes we knew it all along

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.
There is no real standard. You can sin to hearts content, repent and you are still a christian.

Yes we knew it all along

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.

Dont interrupt him. He is proselytizing.

Yes we knew it all along

WHO gets to decide that?

Aye, there's the rub.
There is no real standard. You can sin to hearts content, repent and you are still a christian.
Do you have any idea what true repentance is? If you think it's "I'll live my life any way I want to and mutter 'I'm sorry' as I lay dying in my bed", it's not.

Forum List

Back