Kiss the Ground- Everything you thought you knew about climate change is wrong!

BuckToothMoron

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2016
I encourage all climate concerned posters to watch this movie and post your comments. But be careful. Think back about all your previous post on the subject of global warming, and you may realize you were wrong. The movie is available on Netflix. Here is the link for the movie’s web site where you can watch the trailer.

I encourage all climate concerned posters to watch this movie and post your comments. But be careful. Think back about all your previous post on the subject of global warming, and you may realize you were wrong. The movie is available on Netflix. Here is the link for the movie’s web site where you can watch the trailer.

Watched the trailer, I like the idea of improving Stewardship of the soils, the over use of chemical fertilizers DOES damage the soils over time, reduces micro organism population that normally helps build soil tilth and sequester more elements for plant intake.

The use of HYBRID vegetable varieties also contribute to soil depletion, since they require a much larger intake of elements for plant growth. than open pollinated varieties does. Hybrid varieties does come with increased yields at lower disease rates, but there is a price for doing it ever year in the fields, as the soils can't keep up with the element requirement load especially for some crops such as hybrid Corn.

Hybrids are often bred for improved shipping, storage capability, and short harvesting time frames, often at sacrifice of flavor and soil depletion.

Our current population requires the current agri-business methods ... the methods implied in the trailer would reduce food production ... people will die ...

Woody the bartender from Cheers? ... you've got to be kidding ... just another 1st Worlder clueless about the problems in the 3rd World ...
Just saw it. Not true. Definitely kitschy much of the time, but the substance is surprisingly applicable everywhere and very inspiring. I even learned a few things. Thanks, BuckToothMoron

Just saw it. Not true. Definitely kitschy much of the time, but the substance is surprisingly applicable everywhere and very inspiring. I even learned a few things.

The material is old ... Rodale was preaching this 100 years ago ... anybody who's grown anything will know this ... but we've become such an urban population these basic life skills are lost ... again, the problem with trying to increase the health of our soils comes with reduced productivity ... which is fine in our 1st World communities, we over-produce as it is ... but 3rd World communities live hand-to-mouth, any reduction in food production will result in starvation ... we thought helping the poor grow more food would get them to eat better, but instead they just had more kids ...

The CO2 angle here is complete nonsense ... fossil fuel burning adds 35 gigatonnes to the atmosphere every year according to Alarmists ... yet the 2.2 ppm increase every year is only 17 gigatonnes ... that's one hell of a lot of missing matter, foolish to be looking for more missing matter ... so if depleted soils are belching more CO2, where does it go? ...

Math is difficult, especially for liberals ...

Again, largely untrue. Pretty clear that you haven't even watched it yet. My dad preached Rodale a hundred years ago. This goes far beyond that. We didn't have the technology available to fully appreciate either the damage still being caused by typical commercial farming methods and chemical applications; nor the incredible benefits of not tilling combined with composting, planting dense crops comprised of multiple species, and strategic grazing.

There's a farmer shown who refused to give up after several years of "reduced productivity" playing your alleged 1st World "over-produce" game by the book. Banks wouldn't lend any more to him. Best thing that ever happened to him, he said, as he got busy doing things just the way he wanted to instead. Now he's rolling in dough, just laughs at his neighbor's dirt farms, and refuses all govt subsidies. Contrary to your pointless cynicism, real people are making real progress out there -- out of necessity.

Last edited:
Again, largely untrue. Pretty clear that you haven't even watched it yet. My dad preached Rodale a hundred years ago. This goes far beyond that. We didn't have the technology available to fully appreciate either the damage still being caused by typical commercial farming methods and chemical applications; nor the incredible benefits of not tilling combined with composting, planting dense crops comprised of multiple species, and strategic grazing.

There's a farmer shown who refused to give up after several years of "reduced productivity" playing your alleged 1st World "over-produce" game by the book. Banks wouldn't lend any more to him. Best thing that ever happened to him, he said, as he got busy doing things just the way he wanted to instead. Now he's rolling in dough, just laughs at his neighbor's dirt farms, and refuses all govt subsidies. Contrary to your pointless cynicism, real people are making real progress out there -- out of necessity.

It was Rodale who pushed the concept of minimum to no tilling of soils, which is beneficial to the soil structure and tilth. The reason is because having well STRUCTURED soils helps it hang onto element longer, stores more water, improves aeration and supports microorganisms. Organic matter to be stable in the soil.

Some farmers plant the seed and fertilizer right into UNTILLED soil in a single application, with good results and reduced cost.

Just to clarify..
The CO2 angle here is complete nonsense ... fossil fuel burning adds 35 gigatonnes to the atmosphere every year according to Alarmists ... yet the 2.2 ppm increase every year is only 17 gigatonnes ... that's one hell of a lot of missing matter, foolish to be looking for more missing matter ... so if depleted soils are belching more CO2, where does it go? ...

Math is difficult, especially for liberals ...
Jesus. Again, watch the film. Once plowed / cultivated / fully exposed to surface wind and sunlight.. tons of CO2 is given up by the soil.. permanently. It's not some ongoing cycle. Desertification is permanent unless drastic changes are made and sustained.

"looking for more missing matter"? What are you smoking? You're way smarter than this normally. Simply covering up large areas of exposed dirt with any plants / grasses drastically changes the climate. The light is absorbed by the plants which convert CO2 to O2 instead of just heating up and drying out the topsoil until it's literally reduced to dust. CO2 is pulled back into the soil once humous is successfully reintroduced.

Last edited:
Jesus. Again, watch the film. Once plowed / cultivated / fully exposed to surface wind and sunlight.. tons of CO2 is given up by the soil.. permanently. It's not some ongoing cycle. Desertification is permanent unless drastic changes are made and sustained.

"looking for more missing matter"? What are you smoking? You're way smarter than this normally. Simply covering up large areas of exposed dirt with any plants / grasses drastically changes the climate. The light is absorbed by the plants which convert CO2 to O2 instead of just heating up and drying out the topsoil until it's literally reduced to dust. CO2 is pulled back into the soil once humous is successfully reintroduced.

I'm not going to spend one red cent on a film that's just going to tell me the exact same thing my mother has been harping on me for the past 50 years ... I've gardened every year of my life using these methods ... it's labor intensive and the food I produce every is more expensive than the food I can buy at the grocery store ... right now I have alfalfa planted, and I'll turn that under this spring ... alfalfa is a nitrogen-fixer ... I don't suppose you know what that means or why it's important ...

I'm asking where all this CO2 is going? ... we only measure 2.5 ppm/yr increase in atmospheric concentrations ... and that's only half of what we know we release with fossil fuel burning ... and for the record, I'm smoking Purple Trainwreak, 22.6% THC according to the government lab tests ... thank you for asking ...

By definition, humus is decaying plant material ... it's this alfalfa I'm growing right now that's absorbing CO2 and making structural proteins with it, only after I've turned it under will it begin to decay and provide nutrients for the soil microbes ... but that leaves bare Earth which you seem to object to ... in the natural setting, we'd have a layer of duff where most of the microbial action takes place, and below the dead root systems feed the actual soil ... it's a shame we've destroyed all this in Indiana, but if we try to restore it, the whole state would be a forest ... not much use as agriculture land ...

I don't have any personnel experience farming large tracts of land this way ... but there's quite a few of these types of operations along the West Coast ... folks out here are willing to pay the extra money for the foods grown ... so again, it's a 1st World solution to a 3rd World problem ... unlikely to work at all ...

Cut your meat consumption in half ...

alfalfa is a nitrogen-fixer ... I don't suppose you know what that means or why it's important ...
You really need to stop. And no one asked you to spend anything. We're subscribed to Netflix so it cost me nothing (extra) to watch it.

You really need to stop. And no one asked you to spend anything. We're subscribed to Netflix so it cost me nothing (extra) to watch it.

Netflix broadcasts over the air? ... or do you have cable service and then have the gall to complain about carbon emissions? ... "gee, let's cook the atmosphere while we learn we're cooking the atmosphere" ...

I know what the movie is saying ... indeed I practice all these things in my own garden ... that's how I know it's labor-intensive ... I'm guessing here you don't garden and have never lived on a farm, and that's why all that information is new to you ... but it's not new information, even the Bible commands us to fallow our fields every seven years ... old information for sure ...

only after I've turned it under will it begin to decay and provide nutrients for the soil microbes
That's been the mythology. Humus mainly comes from the zillions of the long, hair-like roots that extend well beyond the perennial ball in the growing season, then naturally break off and decay into worm food when no longer useful to the plant. When leaves grow in the Spring roots extend downward to meet the added water and nutrient demand. They then break off in the Fall when the leaves drop (or when cattle smash and chew the leaves / grass off). Turning of the soil was just a band aid solution to make the planting easier. It really degrades the soil in the long run and destroys a lot of backs.

I'm guessing here you don't garden and have never lived on a farm,
You really need to stop. I grew up gardening my ass off on a twelve acre farm and still do as best I can manage. Waving one's dick around just makes one look silly. Experience has nothing to do with this.

Last edited:
Screw it, don't watch. You know everything already. And even if you don't, bitching about cable service producing emissions beats all.

I'm guessing here you don't garden and have never lived on a farm,
You really need to stop. I grew up gardening my ass off on a twelve acre farm and still do as best I can manage. Waving one's dick around just makes one look silly. Experience has nothing to do with this.

If you're not turning the soil ... and not using herbicides ... how are you controlling weeds? ... other than waving your dick at them ...

Yeah, waving your dick at them does nothing. I just ran out and double checked. There are always weeds unless you spray enough to kill practically everything. Herbicide use destroys the topsoil. It's literally poisoning your RE because you demand something for nothing. Healthy soil discourages weeds and makes pulling them much easier. Densely planting complementary species also helps tremendously. Good soil is highly productive. If you don't really want to farm it Mother Nature will.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back