Kiss the Ground- Everything you thought you knew about climate change is wrong!

400236-acffc9d5cf473fd1a23535d5532b8d79.jpg

I'd like to how that cow feels about this TED talk:

To know. How it feels. That is. Still, I'd rather see than be one.

I encourage all climate concerned posters to watch this movie and post your comments. But be careful. Think back about all your previous post on the subject of global warming, and you may realize you were wrong. The movie is available on Netflix. Here is the link for the movie’s web site where you can watch the trailer.
You lost me when you said Woody Harrelson. A well known left wing lunatic. Therefore I won't piss away so much as one second.

the damaging excess carbon that we've polluted our biosphere with

LOL!

Please no one quote me, or at least delete my portion in a multi-quote ... G'nuts has me on ignore and we don't want to upset his tender pride ... his poor soul bruises so easily ...

He admits not being able to keep up with his 12 acre spread in his post #17, while arguing hand weeding would be easy on 1,200 acres ... so this is his "pie in the sky, go to heaven when you die" reasoning ... I agree with him that we should all be farming organically all over the world, but I've done this on a much smaller scale, say 1/8 acre, and that was labor-intensive, two or three hours after work everyday all summer long ... then all the labor putting the food up ... canning and freezing ... putting a dollar amount on all this labor pushed the cost way above what I would have spent at the grocery store, if I had the dollars to spend ...

G'nuts won't share his experiences ... [shrugs shoulders] ... I wonder why ... I do appreciate his withdrawal of the "climate change" argument, it wasn't necessary and doesn't distract from the main argument at hand ... the way we make this change is to only buy organic foods, and look to see they are locally grown ... support your neighborhood's Farmer's Market ... grow a small plot of veggies yourself ... don't just sit on your dead ass burning coal to watching TV all the time ...

Just saw it. Not true. Definitely kitschy much of the time, but the substance is surprisingly applicable everywhere and very inspiring. I even learned a few things.

The material is old ... Rodale was preaching this 100 years ago ... anybody who's grown anything will know this ... but we've become such an urban population these basic life skills are lost ... again, the problem with trying to increase the health of our soils comes with reduced productivity ... which is fine in our 1st World communities, we over-produce as it is ... but 3rd World communities live hand-to-mouth, any reduction in food production will result in starvation ... we thought helping the poor grow more food would get them to eat better, but instead they just had more kids ...

The CO2 angle here is complete nonsense ... fossil fuel burning adds 35 gigatonnes to the atmosphere every year according to Alarmists ... yet the 2.2 ppm increase every year is only 17 gigatonnes ... that's one hell of a lot of missing matter, foolish to be looking for more missing matter ... so if depleted soils are belching more CO2, where does it go? ...

Math is difficult, especially for liberals ...
Nature does an incredible job of using CO2. God loves the carbon cycle. He created it!

Of the 35 gigatonnes we emit each year, 50% goes in the atmosphere, 25% goes into the ocean and 25% goes into plants and trees (but you already knew this). It seems that plants and trees just can't get enough of the stuff.

CO2 belching soil probably isn't material in the material balance.

I'm guessing here you don't garden and have never lived on a farm,
You really need to stop. I grew up gardening my ass off on a twelve acre farm and still do as best I can manage. Waving one's dick around just makes one look silly. Experience has nothing to do with this.

If you're not turning the soil ... and not using herbicides ... how are you controlling weeds? ... other than waving your dick at them ...
Damn it. That's why I still have them. I really thought waving my dick could work.

Just to clarify..
The CO2 angle here is complete nonsense ... fossil fuel burning adds 35 gigatonnes to the atmosphere every year according to Alarmists ... yet the 2.2 ppm increase every year is only 17 gigatonnes ... that's one hell of a lot of missing matter, foolish to be looking for more missing matter ... so if depleted soils are belching more CO2, where does it go? ...

Math is difficult, especially for liberals ...
Jesus. Again, watch the film. Once plowed / cultivated / fully exposed to surface wind and sunlight.. tons of CO2 is given up by the soil.. permanently. It's not some ongoing cycle. Desertification is permanent unless drastic changes are made and sustained.

"looking for more missing matter"? What are you smoking? You're way smarter than this normally. Simply covering up large areas of exposed dirt with any plants / grasses drastically changes the climate. The light is absorbed by the plants which convert CO2 to O2 instead of just heating up and drying out the topsoil until it's literally reduced to dust. CO2 is pulled back into the soil once humous is successfully reintroduced.
Imagine how effective solar panels will be bringing on the next glacial cycle. I wish I could live long enough to see Mexico build a wall.

Our current population requires the current agri-business methods ... the methods implied in the trailer would reduce food production ... people will die ...

Woody the bartender from Cheers? ... you've got to be kidding ... just another 1st Worlder clueless about the problems in the 3rd World ...

I tend to agree with you, there is an underlying issue of over population that requires so much food production per acre.

Jesus. Again, watch the film. Once plowed / cultivated / fully exposed to surface wind and sunlight.. tons of CO2 is given up by the soil.. permanently. It's not some ongoing cycle. Desertification is permanent unless drastic changes are made and sustained.

"looking for more missing matter"? What are you smoking? You're way smarter than this normally. Simply covering up large areas of exposed dirt with any plants / grasses drastically changes the climate. The light is absorbed by the plants which convert CO2 to O2 instead of just heating up and drying out the topsoil until it's literally reduced to dust. CO2 is pulled back into the soil once humous is successfully reintroduced.

I'm not going to spend one red cent on a film that's just going to tell me the exact same thing my mother has been harping on me for the past 50 years ... I've gardened every year of my life using these methods ... it's labor intensive and the food I produce every is more expensive than the food I can buy at the grocery store ... right now I have alfalfa planted, and I'll turn that under this spring ... alfalfa is a nitrogen-fixer ... I don't suppose you know what that means or why it's important ...

I'm asking where all this CO2 is going? ... we only measure 2.5 ppm/yr increase in atmospheric concentrations ... and that's only half of what we know we release with fossil fuel burning ... and for the record, I'm smoking Purple Trainwreak, 22.6% THC according to the government lab tests ... thank you for asking ...

By definition, humus is decaying plant material ... it's this alfalfa I'm growing right now that's absorbing CO2 and making structural proteins with it, only after I've turned it under will it begin to decay and provide nutrients for the soil microbes ... but that leaves bare Earth which you seem to object to ... in the natural setting, we'd have a layer of duff where most of the microbial action takes place, and below the dead root systems feed the actual soil ... it's a shame we've destroyed all this in Indiana, but if we try to restore it, the whole state would be a forest ... not much use as agriculture land ...

I don't have any personnel experience farming large tracts of land this way ... but there's quite a few of these types of operations along the West Coast ... folks out here are willing to pay the extra money for the foods grown ... so again, it's a 1st World solution to a 3rd World problem ... unlikely to work at all ...

Cut your meat consumption in half ...

The reality is you are trying to engage in a discussion about a movie you haven’t seen......and frankly you’re beginning to look stupid and pigheaded. Maybe too much Purple Train Wreck?

Please no one quote me, or at least delete my portion in a multi-quote ... G'nuts has me on ignore and we don't want to upset his tender pride ... his poor soul bruises so easily ...

He admits not being able to keep up with his 12 acre spread in his post #17, while arguing hand weeding would be easy on 1,200 acres ... so this is his "pie in the sky, go to heaven when you die" reasoning ... I agree with him that we should all be farming organically all over the world, but I've done this on a much smaller scale, say 1/8 acre, and that was labor-intensive, two or three hours after work everyday all summer long ... then all the labor putting the food up ... canning and freezing ... putting a dollar amount on all this labor pushed the cost way above what I would have spent at the grocery store, if I had the dollars to spend ...

G'nuts won't share his experiences ... [shrugs shoulders] ... I wonder why ... I do appreciate his withdrawal of the "climate change" argument, it wasn't necessary and doesn't distract from the main argument at hand ... the way we make this change is to only buy organic foods, and look to see they are locally grown ... support your neighborhood's Farmer's Market ... grow a small plot of veggies yourself ... don't just sit on your dead ass burning coal to watching TV all the time ...
Please continue to notice how I invent nothing personal about you to argue with myself about in public. It's not just the Golden Rule, but that would be a great place to start..
No, I don't have 12 acres. My parents did.
No, never said "hand weeding" anything.
No, this is not simply about "farming organically."
Yes, "I've done this on a much smaller scale, say 1/8 acre, and that was labor-intensive, two or three hours after work everyday all summer long ... then all the labor putting the food up ... canning and freezing ... putting a dollar amount on all this labor pushed the cost way above what I would have spent at the grocery store, if I had the dollars to spend ..." Indeed, you've somehow forgotten that you're preaching to the choir here. But keep attacking that mirror, girl! Sadly, your new penchant for self-flagellation and randomized personal attack just doesn't interest me.

Please continue to notice how I invent nothing personal about you to argue with myself about in public. It's not just the Golden Rule, but that would be a great place to start..

So, you honestly think I've waving my dick around here ... Yeah, Golden Rule, if ya can't take it, don't dish it ...

I'm just pointed out that most of the world needs these higher yields to feed to folks they got ... 1st World solution to a 3rd World problem ...

The film looks great. Your title is clearly what's wrong.

I have no idea what that means. Can you elaborate?
Sure.
"Everything you thought you knew about climate change is wrong"
Actually, it mostly confirmed what I already thought. But also, like I said, I did learn a thing or two.

Did you catch where the film said curbing the use of fossil fuels won’t solve global warming?
Yes, we can't stop it instantly no matter what we do. IIRC, they were saying we must, of course, curb our use of fossil fuels, but that alone won't stop the global warming we've already set in motion. The only "solution" to AGW, long term, is both to:
  • stop mining buried carbon for fuel (coal, oil, natural gas)
  • collect and find ways to permanently sequester much of the excess carbon we've already released into the biosphere

The film looks great. Your title is clearly what's wrong.

I have no idea what that means. Can you elaborate?
Sure.
"Everything you thought you knew about climate change is wrong"
Actually, it mostly confirmed what I already thought. But also, like I said, I did learn a thing or two.

Did you catch where the film said curbing the use of fossil fuels won’t solve global warming?
Yes, we can't stop it instantly no matter what we do. IIRC, they were saying we must, of course, curb our use of fossil fuels, but that alone won't stop the global warming we've already set in motion. The only "solution" to AGW, long term, is both to:
  • collect and find ways to permanently sequester much of the excess carbon we've already released into the biosphere
You have really drank the kool aid.

Or what? ... we'll have a tiny bit of temperature increase ... there's nothing in the meteorology that says that will even be noticed ... was it 0.2ºC warmer this morning than yesterday?, last week? a year ago? ... so how you going to tell in a decade? ... ridiculous ...

If we stop using fuel, people in cities stop eating ... hateful and heartless ...

Forum List

Back