King Crab Colossal size.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Welp just ordered 6 lbs from Alaska.
They weigh in at 1lb per leg. Looked at several options but none were the Colossal size and weighed in at around 5/8 to 3/4 a lb so I paid a bit more for the 1lb legs.
Ended up being $594 for the 1lbers but in doing so I got free shipping. Figured I'd rather spend more on Crab legs than on shipping.
They ship tomorrow and will be here on Friday.
I'm gonna hate seeing em in the fridge and having to wait till Saturday to eat em.
I'm sure I'll wake up on Sunday with a disturbed stomach from all the butter but fuck it it's worth it.
I'm hoping the Wife gets full on two legs leaving me with four....:eusa_drool:

Welp just ordered 6 lbs from Alaska.
They weigh in at 1lb per leg. Looked at several options but none were the Colossal size and weighed in at around 5/8 to 3/4 a lb so I paid a bit more for the 1lb legs.
Ended up being $594 for the 1lbers but in doing so I got free shipping. Figured I'd rather spend more on Crab legs than on shipping.
They ship tomorrow and will be here on Friday.
I'm gonna hate seeing em in the fridge and having to wait till Saturday to eat em.
I'm sure I'll wake up on Sunday with a disturbed stomach from all the butter but fuck it it's worth it.
I'm hoping the Wife gets full on two legs leaving me with four....:eusa_drool:
How many pounds?

I watch Deadliest Catch, definitely the longest running show I have ever watched, and last year they didn't have a King season their numbers were so low, I had never seen that happen before.

Myself.
I sure wont be eating the damn things as much as we used to at those prices.
From $120 to $594 is a pretty big jump to put it mildly.

I love crab cakes. Really good shit!!!
Crab dip is equally as addictive.

Love baked crab, not so much boiled though.
I like it better made into recipes, not so much on its own.

Much better than lobster though.

I like lobster but not as much as king crab thats for sure.
My favorite way is just the crab legs damn near as thick as my wrist and a bunch of butter and garlic.
I know my stomach will hate me in the morning but I plan on taking some imodium before dinner and hope for the best.

Cant friggen wait!!!

IMG_E0873.jpg

Almost makes me want to vacation in Alaska during the crab season.
But I hate the cold.
True story- 1978 I moved to AK with my family & siblings. I was 12 & my uncle had already lived there for years.
We would go fishing from the docks in Seward & Whittier with a treble hook baited with raw bacon covered by old panty hose, drop it straight down off the piers at night & pull up King Crab.
They'd struggle to let go once they say the lights as they were pulled up but the hose held their claws long enough to get a giant net underneath them.
Dropped them into boiling water right on the docks sometimes.

Those days are long gone & the crabs/salmon are gone with them.

I love crab cakes. Really good shit!!!
Crab dip is equally as addictive.

Love baked crab, not so much boiled though.
I like it better made into recipes, not so much on its own.

Much better than lobster though.
King crab is in a class of its own though. There is nothing like pulling leg meat out that is 1-1/2" around and a foot long. Snow, dungeness or blue crab just aren't the same.

King crab is in a class of its own though. There is nothing like pulling leg meat out that is 1-1/2" around and a foot long. Snow, dungeness or blue crab just aren't the same.

I remember going crabbing for blue crabs as a kid.
Of course we didnt have to do the cracking and meat picking as kids.

Nowadays I dont even bother with em.

Forum List

Back