Kim Davis Legal Bill

1. News about Kim Davis Legal Bill
    Kim Davis Tries to Get Out of Paying $233K Legal Bill for Defying Gay …
    Towleroad · 1 day ago
    Kim Davis is trying to get out of paying over $230,000 in legal fees to the couples who challenged her defiance of the Supreme Court’s ruling on gay …
  2. typical conservative ... violates your rights ... gets sue for doing it ... then complains that she has to pay ... she should have thought about that before she started deny people their legal rights to marry
I don't agree with her actions but you paint with a very large brush there. Her job did not include the government lie that gender is irrelevant when she started. She should have complied or quit. But I imagine a gofundme account will bail her out since many millions sympathize with her plight.

A gofundme account to get the 'phobes to pay the gays' legal fees?

Goddam that's good stuff.
You are snorting good stuff, I said nothing of the kind.

"Kim Davis is trying to get out of paying over $230,000 in legal fees to the couples who challenged her defiance of the Supreme Court’s ruling"

Roger K. Gannam of Liberty Counsel, the religious advocacy organization that has represented Davis, wrote that the the case was resolved in the legislature and the couples aren’t entitled to legal fees.

and would he be the authority to make that determination?

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago
    Kim Davis is trying to get out of paying over $230,000 in legal fees to the couples who challenged her defiance of the Supreme Court’s ruling on gay …
  2. typical conservative ... violates your rights ... gets sue for doing it ... then complains that she has to pay ... she should have thought about that before she started deny people their legal rights to marry

I hope the cow is paying her own legal bills. but no doubt the radical religious right will fund her bigotry

Says our very own USMB cow, too funny.

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

I hope the cow is paying her own legal bills. but no doubt the radical religious right will fund her bigotry
What a bigoted thing to say... Idiot

it is not bigotry to point out who is a bigot, moron.

but rightwingnut bigots love saying that. :thup:

dismissed.
But you're a bigger bigot than the biggest bigoted bigot out there.

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

dismissed.
Yep, you don't even know what a bigot is.

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

dismissed.
But you're a bigger bigot than the biggest bigoted bigot out there.

Say that ten times and fast, I double dog dare you!!!!

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago
Interesting. Please let me know if you see there being a decision about who pays.

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

dismissed.

The problem is you think everyone that doesn't think EXACTLY LIKE YOU is a bigot.

Narcissism much?

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

Therein lies the rub. The laws were changed by the Legislature to avoid a final decision in the plaintiffs' favor, despite Davis being jailed for refusing to comply with a court order. The RR paid her fees. The county, I assume, paid it's own fees. The plaintiffs did prevail one way or another, and it was a civil rights law suit.

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

No misogyny here, folks.

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

No misogyny here, folks.

nah....not even a little :rofl:

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

dismissed.

in your delusional little angry bigoted mind, no doubt. hack

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

dismissed.

The problem is you think everyone that doesn't think EXACTLY LIKE YOU is a bigot.

Narcissism much?

no. but you wouldn't know that.

I know what a bigot and a homophobe is. now be a good boy and look in the mirror.

and no... but your insane sociopath of a candidate sure is one.

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

dismissed.

What makes me a bigot? What makes me a hack?

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

dismissed.

Narcissism much?

I know what a bigot and a homophobe is. now be a good boy and look in the mirror.

Nope. Nice try, but arguing others have the right to associate with who they want unless there is a compelling government interest is not bigoted or homophobic. Its supporting freedom over tyranny.

And yes, you are. You think everything revolves around you and your world views, and damnation to those who disagree.

You are the bigot here, and it figures you can't see it, because you find all other views other than yours invalid.

dismissed.

Narcissism much?

Nope. Nice try, but arguing others have the right to associate with who they want unless there is a compelling government interest is not bigoted or homophobic. Its supporting freedom over tyranny.

And yes, you are. You think everything revolves around you and your world views, and damnation to those who disagree.

You are the bigot here, and it figures you can't see it, because you find all other views other than yours invalid.

Holding a government job is not about freedom of association.

View attachment 96759
    Towleroad · 1 day ago

No misogyny here, folks.

"Misogyny"= Daring to fight fire with fire.
Poor Jilldabeast can dish it out but not take it ;)

dismissed.

What makes me a bigot? What makes me a hack?

You dared to hold a different position than she does :)

dismissed.

Narcissism much?

Holding a government job is not about freedom of association.

Yes, in that point she was 100% wrong. Government has to be neutral. However since the locals won't impeach her, and if she ran again she might have even won, the reach of judicial power and its limits are on display here.

That being said, I don't see how she is responsible for the legal fees as she was defending herself, not suing someone else frivolously.

Is there such thing as a frivolous defense?

Forum List

Back