Keystone XL Fails to Pass Senate 59 - 41

I hope they pay every worker $80 per hour to install it because that's what those cheapskate companies could easily afford to be paying. The big oil industry is nothing but a bunch of sleazy crooks watching their workers do every last bit of work for them. That being said, I say build it because it won't be anywhere near my house. If it were, it might get ugly.

Democrats gave cover to obama so he didn't have to go on record to veto the Bill. Next January he won't have cover. Bills will pass with 51 votes.

You are a duped Repubtard!

Obama is not running for any office therefore he needs no cover for any action he takes. US Oil production declined over the past 40 years because of Republicans. Obama is the first president to increase US oil production in over 40 years.

Keystone phase 1, 2 & 3 were built under Obama's administration. Obama is an all of the above pro US energy president. Obama did not issue a veto threat when the House passed its own pro-Keystone legislation. The White House currently has no plans to roll out a veto threat for the Senate's pro-pipeline legislation.

More jobs are created every month under Obama than all the Keystone pipeline & US oil production boom created.
Pardon me but I don't trust liberals version of history.

obama said he'll veto it when Republicans submit the bill. That's a golden opportunity for the right to clinch the white House in '16. People are sick of taking it in the ass for climate change bullshit.

Keystone XL dead in Senate . GOP picks up another Senate seat in Louisiana.
[pre-vote]

"It's a high-tech, state-of-the-art pipeline that's going to put thousands of people to work," Landrieu said. "This has absolutely nothing to do with climate change." [and everything to do with politics] :lmao:

Keystone pipeline bill fails in Senate Fox News

And that's disingenuous political flatulence on her part. It generates some temporary construction work but ultimately we get 35 full-time jobs to act as Big Oil's mule.

>> The State Department's final environmental impact report earlier this year found the project would support 42,100 jobs, but it defined those jobs as lasting just one year. In other words, there would be only 21,050 jobs that last the entirety of the two-year construction period — and the majority of those are not construction jobs (there would be no more than 1,950 of those in each of the two years) but rather are "induced" by construction workers spending their earnings on goods and services in the area.

As far as permanent jobs to operate the pipeline, there would be a total of 35 of those, according to the State Department report. << (here)

-- none of which, temporary or permanent, would be in Louisiana, FWIW.

Last edited:
at this point, how could anyone be opposed to the keystone pipeline EXCEPT for political reasons?

I get so sick of that, a good idea is a good idea, who cares which party comes up with it.

My understanding is it's the environmental concern (leakage) versus the benefits. Since the latter doesn't exist except to Big Oil, the former tends to carry the day. When you're in the Breadbasket and get asked to hold the bag, and the bag might break, and you ask, "what's in it for me?" and the answer is "nothing" -- you tend to look askance.

I remain opposed to the whole thing. But I'm also deeply disturbed by the fact that legislation fails to pass with a majority vote.

Since the country is crisscrossed with pipelines what is your objection to one more? Even if it creates only 50 long term jobs what is the risk? The Alaskan pipeline is doing just fine.

MapofUSpipelines1.jpg

Democrats gave cover to obama so he didn't have to go on record to veto the Bill. Next January he won't have cover. Bills will pass with 51 votes.

You are a duped Repubtard!

Obama is not running for any office therefore he needs no cover for any action he takes. US Oil production declined over the past 40 years because of Republicans. Obama is the first president to increase US oil production in over 40 years.

Keystone phase 1, 2 & 3 were built under Obama's administration. Obama is an all of the above pro US energy president. Obama did not issue a veto threat when the House passed its own pro-Keystone legislation. The White House currently has no plans to roll out a veto threat for the Senate's pro-pipeline legislation.

More jobs are created every month under Obama than all the Keystone pipeline & US oil production boom created.
Pardon me but I don't trust liberals version of history.

You're the moron. Low gas prices never happen under Republican gas bag presidents. Obama has made it happen.

Obama has lowered Gas Prices, unlike the Republicans who raised them over the past 40 years.

- Republicans presidents Nixion & Ford enacted price controls to killed US oil production in the 1970's.

- Republicans presidents Nixion created the EPA to killed US oil production in the 1970's. Us oil production has declined under every Republican president since.

- Bush signed EO12777 banning US oil & gas drilling.

- Horizontal multi-well pad fracking setback borders were removed under Obama, cutting cost & boosting US oil production for the first time in 40 years.

- Obama has fast tracked Keystone oil pipelines. Keystone pipeline Phases 1, 2, &3 have been built under Obama, not Republicans.

- The Obama administration and the Environmental Protection Agency phased out the rubber boots on gas pump handles that used to capture gasoline vapors while refueling cars. That move saved consumers and businesses $6 billion at the pump.

- The Obama administration & Saudi's are using oil price as a weapon against Iran, Syria, ISIS & Russia. Way to go Obama! $50 oil & $1 gas coming soon.

- 60% in Republican Texas town that is the birthplace of fracking & has been supported by fracking just voted to ban it.

Forum List

Back