Key inflation gauge rises 3.6% from a year ago to tie biggest jump since 1991

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I’m going to laugh watching millennials pay 24% home loan rates and 35% on their credit cards. You voted for it.

An inflation measure the Federal Reserve uses to set policy rose 3.6% in July from a year ago, meeting Wall Street expectations but also tying the highest level in about 30 years.

The core personal consumption expenditures price index, which the Fed sees as the broadest measure of inflation, was unchanged from June, which was revised up one-tenth of a percentage point, the Commerce Department reported Friday. That 3.6% reading equaled the Dow Jones estimate and appeared to be the highest level since May 1991.

Inflation is here to stay and increase with this administration’s policies. Any economist that is not completely beholden to Democrats knows this. I have an upcoming meeting with a prospective wealth advisor. I will pick his brain on this. I will not even consider giving control of any of my money to a supposed “expert” that can’t see this elephant in the room and that this administration is contributing to the problem.

These job numbers that come out monthly need to be solid over the next 6 months. The Federal Reserve will continue to put emphasis on its stimulous measures to build the economy over containing inflation until the employment situation gets closer to pre-pandemic level.

These job numbers that come out monthly need to be solid over the next 6 months. The Federal Reserve will continue to put emphasis on its stimulous measures to build the economy over containing inflation until the employment situation gets closer to pre-pandemic level.
"Stimulos" (sic) means money printing, which is inflationary.....DUUUUH!

I’m going to laugh watching millennials pay 24% home loan rates and 35% on their credit cards. You voted for it.

An inflation measure the Federal Reserve uses to set policy rose 3.6% in July from a year ago, meeting Wall Street expectations but also tying the highest level in about 30 years.

The core personal consumption expenditures price index, which the Fed sees as the broadest measure of inflation, was unchanged from June, which was revised up one-tenth of a percentage point, the Commerce Department reported Friday. That 3.6% reading equaled the Dow Jones estimate and appeared to be the highest level since May 1991.

THANK GOD lumber has mostly gone back down. I was paying 9 dollars for one 2x4 earlier this year. Now it's down to around 3 bucks.
Sadly hamburger & chicken are still near double from a year ago here

Inflation is here to stay and increase with this administration’s policies. Any economist that is not completely beholden to Democrats knows this. I have an upcoming meeting with a prospective wealth advisor. I will pick his brain on this. I will not even consider giving control of any of my money to a supposed “expert” that can’t see this elephant in the room and that this administration is contributing to the problem.

This administration's policies have nothing to do with it. You saying it is so does not make it so.

Xiden and the dems are takinf us backwards…inflation up, gas prices up, crime up, terrorist back on the rise

xiden and the dems, the party of backwards

Inflationary expectations is what drives inflation. People purchasing products in anticipation of them being higher. That has not happened. For example, car prices rose and car sales dropped.

Xiden and the dems are takinf us backwards…inflation up, gas prices up, crime up, terrorist back on the rise

xiden and the dems, the party of backwards

The only thing backwards is you. Inflation is being driven by the pandemic. Gas prices are being driven by a stronger economy. Crime is up even in red states. Trump encouraged right wing terrorism.

The only thing backwards is you. Inflation is being driven by the pandemic. Gas prices are being driven by a stronger economy. Crime is up even in red states. Trump encouraged right wing terrorism.
hahaa you said stronger economy

hahahaa keep your head in the sand little dembot cultist

That's only one way. The Fed can maintain low interest rates. They can also reduce the amount of reserves required by banks, which also gets money flowing. These same measures can be used in the opposite way to control inflation.

Since the start of the pandemic the Fed has been aggressive in stimulating the economy. They're at a point where they don't want to apply the brakes on the recovery but from what I've read an adjustment may be coming in March. Which is why I hope the job numbers by then are solid so that their priority changes to controlling inflation.

Last edited:
The Architects of the Pandemic have caused Inflation. It did not have to be. The economy was strong with cheaper gas before it. All of this was predicted before Biden was installed. The end game for the elites is a total digital currency. Hiding 5% inflation year after is actually easier without a cash currency and along with total surveillance will mark where all of us are at for security.

New Topics

Forum List

Back