Key inflation gauge rises 3.6% from a year ago to tie biggest jump since 1991

The actual inflation rate for June and July are 5.4%.

Is anyone else reminded of the 70s when Carter was POTUS and Demonics controlled both houses? Stagnation, recession, inflation and mind-boggling interest & misery rates, and the Iran Crisis.

More recently, is anyone else reminded of the 00s when Obama was POTUS and Democracks controlled both houses? Yeah, we met the floor of "Bush's recession" with those Demonics, and ISIS was built too.

More recently, is anyone else reminded of 2021 when Xiden is POTUS and Demonicrats control both houses? Yeah, 5.4% inflation, what a surprise, and Afghan crisis too. These Dementedcrats are Carter & Obama Govt. on Meth.

ILMAO at "educators" and Democrook advocates who claim "Democreeps are betta' with the ecomoney"

Last edited:
Newsflash. 3.6 isn’t hyper inflation. It’s higher than we’ve had in a while but we’re coming out of a pandemic. Spending is up so prices are up

It was well over 4% through the early 90s.

It was in the double digits in the late 70s early 80s

Get back to me when we have that for a couple years. Then you’ll have a point

Newsflash. 3.6 isn’t hyper inflation. It’s higher than we’ve had in a while but we’re coming out of a pandemic. Spending is up so prices are up

WRONG.. 5.4% rate June & July 2021

1975FordDemDem9.14%
1976FordDemDem5.74%
1977CarterDemDem6.50%
1978CarterDemDem7.63%
1979CarterDemDem11.25%
1980CarterDemDem
13.55%
1981ReaganRepDem10.33%
1982ReaganRepDem6.13%
1983ReaganRepDem3.21%
1984ReaganRepDem4.30%
1985ReaganRepDem3.55%
1986ReaganRepDem1.90%
1987ReaganDemDem3.66%
1988ReaganDemDem4.08%
1989BushDemDem4.83%

1990BushDemDem5.40%
1991BushDemDem4.24%
1992BushDemDem3.03%
1993ClintonDemDem2.95%
1994ClintonDemDem2.61%
1995ClintonRepRep2.81%
1996ClintonRepRep2.93%
1997ClintonRepRep2.34%
1998ClintonRepRep1.55%
1999ClintonRepRep2.19%

Last edited:
WRONG.. 5.4% rate June & July 2021

80s:
1980CarterDemDemINFL
RATE
1981ReaganRepDem10.33%
1982ReaganRepDem6.13%
1983ReaganRepDem3.21%
1984ReaganRepDem4.30%
1985ReaganRepDem3.55%
1986ReaganRepDem1.90%
1987ReaganDemDem3.66%
1988ReaganDemDem4.08%
1989BushDemDem4.83%

1990BushDemDem5.40%
1991BushDemDem4.24%
1992BushDemDem3.03%
1993ClintonDemDem2.95%
1994ClintonDemDem2.61%
1995ClintonRepRep2.81%
1996ClintonRepRep2.93%
1997ClintonRepRep2.34%
1998ClintonRepRep1.55%
1999ClintonRepRep2.19%

How am I wrong? You just confirmed what I posted

How am I wrong? You just confirmed what I posted

WTF are you talking about? You said: " It was well over 4% through the early 90s. It was in the double digits in the late 70s early 80s" One point wrong, the other at best misleading.

You were just making excuses for Xiden, you supported him for POTUS right?

WTF are you talking about? You said: " It was well over 4% through the early 90s. It was in the double digits in the late 70s early 80s" One point wrong, the other at best misleading.

You were just making excuses for Xiden, you supported him for POTUS right?
What are you talking about? Your chart confirms what I said. Four years over 4 from 88 to 92 with a high of 5.4. I said nothing about who was President

What are you talking about? Your chart confirms what I said. Four years over 4 from 88 to 92 with a high of 5.4. I said nothing about who was President

Difference in meanings. "Through early 90s" sounds like more than two years to me, Same with "late 70s & early 80s" sounds like more than three years.

I know you didn't say anything about POTUS, I did because it sounds like you're making excuses for Xiden. All I know is this is the worst inflation rate in 30 years, when inflation was best behaved on Trump's watch. Ironically, the last time inflation was this high the Democrats controlled both houses under Bush Sr.

Difference in meanings. "Through early 90s" sounds like more than two years to me,
There were FOUR years "through the early 90s" with inflation over 4%
Same with "late 70s & early 80s" sounds like more than three years.
From '75 through '81 inflation was near or above 10%

What I said stands.

3.6% is higher than we're used to but is in no way "hyperinflation"

Thanks for posting the chart that illustrates my point

There were FOUR years "through the early 90s" with inflation over 4%

From '75 through '81 inflation was near or above 10%

What I said stands.

3.6% is higher than we're used to but is in no way "hyperinflation"

Thanks for posting the chart that illustrates my point
Hyper-inflation is inflation increasing at 50%. Per month.

There are perfectly reasonable arguments going on within the financial industry on both ends of this. No one can say for sure.

But Trumpsters? They're the economic experts, because they get their "facts" from the alternate universe.

Hyper-inflation is inflation increasing at 50%. Per month.

There are perfectly reasonable arguments going on within the financial industry on both ends of this. No one can say for sure.

But Trumpsters? They're the economic experts, because they get their "facts" from the alternate universe.
Correct as far as it goes

• Hyperinflation refers to rapid and unrestrained price increases in an economy, typically at rates exceeding 50% each month over time.

I’m going to laugh watching millennials pay 24% home loan rates and 35% on their credit cards. You voted for it.

An inflation measure the Federal Reserve uses to set policy rose 3.6% in July from a year ago, meeting Wall Street expectations but also tying the highest level in about 30 years.

The core personal consumption expenditures price index, which the Fed sees as the broadest measure of inflation, was unchanged from June, which was revised up one-tenth of a percentage point, the Commerce Department reported Friday. That 3.6% reading equaled the Dow Jones estimate and appeared to be the highest level since May 1991.

When governments hand out money for free it always creates inflation.
But having a swing at dems is a bit silly. That will be passed into to every one, including you.

When governments hand out money for free it always creates inflation.
But having a swing at dems is a bit silly. That will be passed into to every one, including you.
I owe no man and have lots of money set aside.
So yes, I’m going to laugh hysterically at the millennials who voted for it and are now paying 28% home loan and 35% credit card rates.

I owe no man and have lots of money set aside.
So yes, I’m going to laugh hysterically at the millennials who voted for it and are now paying 28% home loan and 35% credit card rates.
You're paying 28% on a home loan?

Dude...do a refi

You believe what the Prog godless ones tells you. We believe what we pay. Behind the scenes I believe the Progs are trying mightily to restrain the gasoline price increases that they themselves caused to rise. So for a couple of months, at least here there has been a stable price after at least a dollar increase. Going to the market is fun. Prices are rising on a percentage of products or the amount of product in the package has been reduced. The Prog increase tax game by inflation is a standard and oh so old. And when all of the infrastructure package combined with the reconcilliation bill is added....Wheeeeee!

No it doesn't, you are just pulling things out of your ass like OP
You are in denial.

It's time to face some facts. The US government has the largest debt in the history of the world. They have been spending money at an ever exponentially increasing rate with no end in sight. Every year it seems they find new ways of increasing that spending

The US Federal government is out of control. We are led by a group of extremists that will destroy us fiscally.

Like a heroin addict, the US federal government either needs an intervention or just let them destroy themselves.

That is, assuming it is not too late already

Forum List

Back