Keurig is a complete piece of crap....don't buy it

my hubby is a coffee drinker....for some reason he thinks that since i do all the household buying that i should buy coffee and filters...sometimes i do...sometimes i dont....he fears a coffee shortage...i swear....and what he can use as filters....he uses #4 bamboo filters they can be hard to find sometimes like everything else in the last few years..he loves gas station coffee all thick and burned....i have never drank a cup of coffee never ...

On the weekends we have taken to the French Press.
Simple way to make coffee and is now my favorite technique.

wtf....benzo what are they? are you accusing random people on the net of being drug addicts.....

you are fucked

Which is what you just did, unless you're going to lie about that, like you do about everything else.

"coffee drinkers are a menace to society...the total shut down until you have those cups of coffee in the morning...wtf is wrong with yall...have to have a chemical to even start in the morning...kinda sad"

Which is what you just did, unless you're going to lie about that, like you do about everything else.

"coffee drinkers are a menace to society...the total shut down until you have those cups of coffee in the morning...wtf is wrong with yall...have to have a chemical to even start in the morning...kinda sad"

I can go with or without coffee in the morning.
I prefer to have a couple cups in the morning though because I like the taste the caffeine is secondary.

Like many before me I was beguiled at the thought of a cup of coffee on demand with the help of the Amazing new Coffee Machine when it first hit the markets. I held out for quite some time but finally broke down and got one. Big Mistake. My house drinks gallons of coffee so we use whatever coffee machine we have A LOT. This is not a good fit for the Keurig which has an awful tendency to scale up inside even with regular descaling.

Now I work with water chemistry as part of my job so I understand a little bit more about scaling than most and even I was confused by the way this machine claims to work out this problem. It claims that if you descale regularly based on total usage it will not be a problem. WRONG..... Turns out that even with normal earth salts content in local drinking water supplies you can't descale enough to keep the darn thing working. The Calcium and magnesium deposits get harder and harder and more removal resistant in some of the smaller grooves and channels on the interior of the machine where the heat sensors and flow sensors are located. Once this happens no amount of descaling will work. You can try disassembling it and manually scaping it out....but that is a massive task with no guarantee of getting it back together correctly.

Tried to use demineralized water to compensate but get this.... If the machine detects demineralized water it will shut down...lol... It depends on the conductivity of the mineral ppm to make certain adjustments to its running conditions. Sooooo...... conclusion:

The $19.99 Mr coffee maker that I have always depended on that usually lasts about two years Even in my house costs about 20% of the K cup Klunker...is much less expensive to own. Have you seen the prices on the damn K cups lately? Also many of the k cup firms purposely underfill the units to cut on overhead. Not worth it at all. Back to Mr Coffee or to the electric tea kettle and NesCafe....

The Keurig may be useful for households that use it sparingly over the course of the year or so it seems to be good for....but definitely not for heavy usage and it definitely needs a clean out redesign to be worth the trouble.
Is your Keurig made in China?

The K-cups are a lot more expensive than tea bags.
teabagsgfjhjh.JPG

Like many before me I was beguiled at the thought of a cup of coffee on demand with the help of the Amazing new Coffee Machine when it first hit the markets. I held out for quite some time but finally broke down and got one. Big Mistake. My house drinks gallons of coffee so we use whatever coffee machine we have A LOT. This is not a good fit for the Keurig which has an awful tendency to scale up inside even with regular descaling.

Now I work with water chemistry as part of my job so I understand a little bit more about scaling than most and even I was confused by the way this machine claims to work out this problem. It claims that if you descale regularly based on total usage it will not be a problem. WRONG..... Turns out that even with normal earth salts content in local drinking water supplies you can't descale enough to keep the darn thing working. The Calcium and magnesium deposits get harder and harder and more removal resistant in some of the smaller grooves and channels on the interior of the machine where the heat sensors and flow sensors are located. Once this happens no amount of descaling will work. You can try disassembling it and manually scaping it out....but that is a massive task with no guarantee of getting it back together correctly.

Tried to use demineralized water to compensate but get this.... If the machine detects demineralized water it will shut down...lol... It depends on the conductivity of the mineral ppm to make certain adjustments to its running conditions. Sooooo...... conclusion:

The $19.99 Mr coffee maker that I have always depended on that usually lasts about two years Even in my house costs about 20% of the K cup Klunker...is much less expensive to own. Have you seen the prices on the damn K cups lately? Also many of the k cup firms purposely underfill the units to cut on overhead. Not worth it at all. Back to Mr Coffee or to the electric tea kettle and NesCafe....

The Keurig may be useful for households that use it sparingly over the course of the year or so it seems to be good for....but definitely not for heavy usage and it definitely needs a clean out redesign to be worth the trouble.
I’m a coffee snob and have been for 20 years. I’ve roasted beans for years using a popcorn popper and the quality of the coffee is usually excellent.

The wife wanted a fucking a Keurig. She drinks one cup a day. So, we got a Keurig and it sucks. I’m going back to roasting my own and using a French press and pour over.

Thanks for your comments on scaling. Makes a lot of sense.

I’m a coffee snob and have been for 20 years. I’ve roasted beans for years using a popcorn popper and the quality of the coffee is usually excellent.

The wife wanted a fucking a Keurig. She drinks one cup a day. So, we got a Keurig and it sucks. I’m going back to roasting my own and using a French press and pour over.

Thanks for your comments on scaling. Makes a lot of sense.

I’ve tried Keurig, when in the US. Those one cup devices. It’s okay.

They don’t do them in Europe. (Not to my knowledge)

My post was a general statement...about all coffee drinkers..your post is an attack on me not anyone in general see the difference

Keep deflecting.

We see through you, troll. You are trying to deflect from your attempt to derail the thread by calling all coffee drinkers drug addicts.

I'm not going to indluge you. You never learn from it.

Forum List

Back