Keurig is a complete piece of crap....don't buy it

Keurig is unavailable in Europe. Though l think the UK has it.

I found this on Quora.

Coffee (and coffee culture) is very different in Europe.​

A large portion of Americans love convenience, and the Keurig is perfect for our “grab and go” lifestyle. Pop in the pod, get a cup in 30 seconds, and you’re on your way. That’s just not a thing in a lot of European countries. You slow down for your coffee. You don’t drink it on the run. Brewing a coffee — and taking the time to enjoy it — is part of the process.​

The bigger reason, however, is the finished product. American coffee is watered down and flavorless to many Europeans who are used to the thicker and heavier espresso beverages. The Keurig just doesn’t make a heavy, full-bodied cup.​

Many of my European friends or co-workers complain about American coffee in general and Keurig coffee specifically not being strong enough or flavorful enough. They’ll go for a Nespresso maker, because they feel that it does a better job of getting closer to the style of coffee they prefer. But a Keurig? Forget it.​

Keurig is unavailable in Europe. Though l think the UK has it.

I found this on Quora.

Coffee (and coffee culture) is very different in Europe.​

A large portion of Americans love convenience, and the Keurig is perfect for our “grab and go” lifestyle. Pop in the pod, get a cup in 30 seconds, and you’re on your way. That’s just not a thing in a lot of European countries. You slow down for your coffee. You don’t drink it on the run. Brewing a coffee — and taking the time to enjoy it — is part of the process.​

The bigger reason, however, is the finished product. American coffee is watered down and flavorless to many Europeans who are used to the thicker and heavier espresso beverages. The Keurig just doesn’t make a heavy, full-bodied cup.​

Many of my European friends or co-workers complain about American coffee in general and Keurig coffee specifically not being strong enough or flavorful enough. They’ll go for a Nespresso maker, because they feel that it does a better job of getting closer to the style of coffee they prefer. But a Keurig? Forget it.​
With a European sounding name lie Keurig, I thought it was invented on that continent.
Not surprising, complaints by European's of weak American coffee. Some of theirs is strong enough to need diluting, to avoid eat the finish off the spoon up if stirring.

I have a keurig I use for an afternoon cup or a decaff in the evening.

The secret is to use better coffee. Also they have choices between 4oz, 6oz and 8 oz cups. Choose the 4oz and you can taste it.

I have a keurig I use for an afternoon cup or a decaff in the evening.

The secret is to use better coffee. Also they have choices between 4oz, 6oz and 8 oz cups. Choose the 4oz and you can taste it.

I use these, filled with *German Coffee* from Aldi.

It’s like being back in Europe.

7E9589FD-9A8E-4841-8807-72C2B2A1E81D.jpeg

Forum List

Back